New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

12 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

What the...?

tracert thaivisa.jpg

And yet I'm still getting the results i posted above (ID:1348)

@JetsetBkk Are you with one of the known problematic ISPs? Wondering because i seemto be getting better results from UK than you...assuming you're in Thailand?

Edited by VBF

27 minutes ago, VBF said:

And yet I'm still getting the results i posted above (ID:1348)

@JetsetBkk Are you with one of the known problematic ISPs? Wondering because i seemto be getting better results from UK than you...assuming you're in Thailand?

3BB, Phuket - the Internet Hub of Thailand cheesy.gif.

Some say it is "problematic" but I didn't know that.

Edited by JetsetBkk

13 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

What the...?

tracert thaivisa.jpg

It looks like Thaivisa does not allow pinging through to the end, ie to its server at 52.22.66.20. Some website operators use this limitation for security purposes.

I don't know it it helps the Tech doctor to have the tracert results also from another source, but below are mine:

tv.txt

tt.txt

• Like 1

@Tech Doctor Captures of tracerts attached - (Eclipse is my UK ISP)

586b6ce08bbd6_tracerttechthaivisacom.JPG.87e009530c1dc62820b0baefbfe918dd.JPG

586b6ce428588_tracertthaivisacom.JPG.2d7d4dd0f1c736a570d338fecec04b71.JPG

Strange you're routing through PCCW which is a Hong Kong telco (from Singapore it doesn't).

Nb. Just because a Tracert/PathPing etc... Requests time out doesn't necessarily mean that "Normal" traffic isn't flowing freely as it's quite common to block certain ports/protocols whilst allowing to stuff you want to flow through (also did 30 years in Software development from Developer to Enterprise Architect but always hated troubleshooting network problems)

14 minutes ago, JB300 said:

Strange you're routing through PCCW which is a Hong Kong telco (from Singapore it doesn't).

Nb. Just because a Tracert/PathPing etc... Requests time out doesn't necessarily mean that "Normal" traffic isn't flowing freely as it's quite common to block certain ports/protocols whilst allowing to stuff you want to flow through (also did 30 years in Software development from Developer to Enterprise Architect but always hated troubleshooting network problems)

@JB300 I agree - in fact good Network Admins will block ports/protocols they don't want people to access for security - I only provided the tracert results 'cos TD requested them

@Puccini I think you'll find it's not 52.22.66.20 it's  52.220.66.20 however, the end result is the same - see JB300's comment!

Edited by VBF

Please ignore my previous Tracert output. I just fired up another PC and it gives this:

Tracert TV Screenshot 17-01-03 18-11-20.jpg

So I need to find out what I've done to my normal PC to prevent Tracert from working. Probably some "security" setting I changed.

PS. The other PC also suffers from time-outs and slow page loads.

Edited by JetsetBkk
Add PS

On Wednesday, January 04, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,

We are re-indexing posts after applying a hot fix from tapatalk. You should start to see old posts and comments you have contributed too. I am still looking into the slowness and timeouts.

TD

OK, own up! What have you just done? Come on - tell us, don't be shy!

Suddenly all forums and links are coming up in a couple of seconds.

Was is simply that the re-indexing has finished?

Whatever it was, DON"T CHANGE ANYTHING NOW!! default_clap2.gif

On 02/12/2016 at 6:17 PM, farmerjo said:

Can @techdoctor start by fixing original stuff like the weather before trying to add extra stuff that doesn't work.

Please,hold on the emoticons i want to use is no longer avaliable:sad:

Weather?,any progress.

"Ownership I posted in" is not showing the old threads from December. So any threads I posted in from December I have to browse and find manually .  November is showing up ok. 

It's just never ending problems on this site now. 

Edit. Forget it , I deleted the stream , looks ok now. 

Edited by balo

Whats with the ads ?
I payed for Thaivisa Connect
Everytime i sign in it cuts out my music app !
No adverts please

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I guess you paid for the TV Pro app, I believe that one is discontinued, and now only the ThaiVisa connect app is available for download and that one has ads.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Search facility may as well not be offered but that is not the reason for this post. This new front end seems to work pretty well now but it's still ugly. Like a car you really don't like driving or a work van you hope you don't get allocated for the day.  You know it will do the job but you just dislike having to interact with it.

4 hours ago, Mike45 said:

My phone app hasn't worked since the conversion. Does anyone app work? Is there a new app? I originally tried uninstalling and reinstalling but when it didn't work I have up completely.

Well I'm presently accessing the site on my Android tablet 2 hours from BKK on Emirates. I'm using Chrome as I always do and allowing for Emirates WiFi being slow, here we are ? I've never used an app for the forum..... Chrome works for me.

48 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Just found out that under Notification Settings (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/notifications/options/

The following 2 options were turned on

Automatically Follow New Content I post

Automatically Follow Content I reply to

Previously they were turned off

I presume the first setting in your list above would cause me to get a notification of every post made to one of my topics (which is what I want), and the second setting gets me a notification of every post made to someone else's topic that I posted to, which is what I don't want.

For someone else's topics, I only want a notification if someone quotes me, not for every post made in that topic.

My settings are both set on too, but I don't think I'm getting all the notifications that these settings imply. In fact, I haven't noticed any change in the number of notifications I get.

Have a look at the topics you subscribed/follow

All posts I have made Yesterday, I was automatically subscribed, added as a follower to the topic as well, and I seldom subscribe/Follow. So I guess those options were turned on Yesterday or earlier as I haven't posted in a while

Edited by MJCM

11 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Have a look at the topics you subscribed/follow

All posts I have made Yesterday, I was automatically subscribed, added as a follower to the topic as well, and I seldom subscribe/Follow. So I guess those options were turned on Yesterday or earlier as I haven't posted in a while

I just posted in a "Rubbish Collection" news item:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/965095-households-face-at-least-350-bahtmonth-for-garbage-collection-and-disposal/?do=findComment&comment=11553772

I'll wait and see if I get notified of other people's posts.

If you look at the follow list in that topic your name is now listed ;)

jetset.JPG

If you get Notifications is depended on your Notification settings in this list

noti.JPG

Edit: And as you can see I have turned everything off ;)

Edited by MJCM