So what do you think of ThaiVisa's new design?

Fabricus

On 8/2/2016 at 7:54 AM, pgrahmm said:

Still - it doesn't seem to scroll to the last read/entered post of a thread....

One disadvantage - unless they're still spooling/tuning up....

It never did for me - I always had to scroll down the page to get to the last post that I'd read!

I wasn't happy at first and still can't get the hang of replying to posts - sometimes the reply function brings up another post to which I've replied, and the reply for some reason.

But I'm getting used to it and find it a lot faster. :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing that it was down for quite a while but still doesn't load often and usually much slower. And buggy too! Tried to comment here earlier but would only give me image insert option -- strange.

Mostly, I hate that the preview isn't available anymore when looking at the different topics. I don't want to see what the start of the last user comment is (by display default). I rarely read them anyway. I want to see the first paragraph or so of the OP without having to open the thread. If the owner is after more clicks by removing the preview function, it will only backfire in my case because unless there seems a very good or interesting reason to bother opening the thread, I'll likely just pass and end up spending much less time here and making many fewer clicks in the long run. (But that will probably be welcome by some users. 555) With the preview, reading it would sometimes entice me open the thread where I would have likely passed. 

Edited by Inn Between

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

If you place your cursor over the titel you will be shown the OP and the last post if you wish.

screenshot....

issue-1.jpg

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me -- running Chrome (with certain unmentionable add on).  And I'm not going to change browsers or remove my precious add on.

Also, one quick question. The "Notify me of replies" toggle is 'on' by default. Does that mean I'll get an email every time a post is made in that particular thread unless I switch it to 'off'?  

------  

Just tried it with IE and no add ons -- didn't work either. Pity it's become such a bad and buggy site. 

Edited by Inn Between

It would be extremely difficult to come up with something that everyone was completely happy with.

i vaguely remember all these conversations were similar when the last system change was made back when ever that was.

Sshhh, that was rather private and between us.  No need to announce it to everyone.

And now you have!!  And it was rather weird.

Not that i complained.  In fact i was rather mesmerised.  Mind blown in fact.

I'd never seen anything like it in my life.