Traffic police officer admired for issuing traffic ticket to national police chief’s son

webfact

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

And in typical Thai Style his Father paid the fine???  why not him?  why is this to be admired that Daddy paid???

The father coming to pay the fine is as symbolic as Don Corleone's kiss of death.

19 minutes ago, tcris52 said:

Daddy paid the kid's fine.

Reminds me of my wife getting a ticket for running a red light. She wanted me to give her the money to pay the fine. I told her that a fine is to teach a person not to do something. I don't need to pay the fine since I already know not to run red lights. Wonder what lesson the kid learned.

My guess is the kid got a pretty good chewing out for causing his family such embarassment. 

6 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

My guess is the kid got a pretty good chewing out for causing his family such embarassment. 

I doubt that. His father probably thanked him for making the police look sort of fair for once. That's why this is news. The police and their family members commit all sorts of crimes are avoid arrest and punishment but that's what happens to most civil servants in Thailand. Well, Thailand is a heirarchy so some get privileges.

Just now, Alive said:

I doubt that. His father probably thanked him for making the police look sort of fair for once. That's why this is news. The police and their family members commit all sorts of crimes are avoid arrest and punishment but that's what happens to most civil servants in Thailand. Well, Thailand is a heirarchy so some get privileges.

What a great example of being blinded by ones' bias and prejudice.

Your post has departed from reality so far that I will leave it uncontested. 

It stands on its own to show your flawed reasoning.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Admired for doing his job?

So police chiefs boss, he is not above the law.

Maybe thinks he is, he broke the law, so he has to pay.

Daddy used his brain, paid the fine.

Why did daddy go to pay?

"Why did daddy go to pay?"

Because it was on his way to work?  :D

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Admired for doing his job?

So police chiefs boss, he is not above the law.

Maybe thinks he is, he broke the law, so he has to pay.

Daddy used his brain, paid the fine.

Why did daddy go to pay?

I was wondering this myself. A big part of the learning process in life is to personally correct your mistakes. Having daddy do it does little to teach this young lad anything. On the other hand it is nice to seen little green shoots sprout here. There may be hope yet for the BIB. One has to wonder would the outcome have different if the young lad had identified himself to the officer and did a rant. 

'... the traffic officer issued traffic ticket to the national police chief’s son, Chaitat or “Hand” Chaijinda ...' Where do they get these nicknames?

'Besides, he said the driver also did not expose or show he is the son of the national police chief,' So he was booked inadvertently?

8 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Can Thai pay their own traffic fines? 

I don't know why this young man did not pay the 300 baht himself.

If he did not have the money then maybe his father was already  raising him properly and not spoiling him as you suggest.

Show me a father anywhere that does not bail their kids out of jail.

its part of being a parent...which possibly you are not.

Huh?

Paying his fine is not spoiling him? What world do you come from? Let him pay the fine himself - it's having the boy learn a lesson about being responsible for one's own actions. That's good parenting!

Paying fines for him is NOT good parenting.

9 hours ago, Rorri said:

You all missed the fact the kid didn't  say who his father is, good on the kid, but I do wonder that if he had, would we have this story. I still recall one copper getting blasted by some high ranking dick, who'd been pulled over, who the cop didn't  recognise. This dick wasn't  chastised or penalised.

Yes - I didn't miss it! :-

"Besides, he said the driver also did not expose or show he is the son of the national police chief, he said"

And as you say, if the  old "Do you know who I am" card had been played, would there have been a story at all?

big deal, THB 300 fine. It would be a different story if the crime had been speeding and the son killed a number of people through dangerous driving. The son would then of completely come out clean. THB 300 is just a gesture to try and give the impression that the Police are serious about rooting out corruption. Of course they are not but they seem to think that this story will make people believe they are. What a joke.

4 hours ago, bheard said:

Huh?

Paying his fine is not spoiling him? What world do you come from? Let him pay the fine himself - it's having the boy learn a lesson about being responsible for one's own actions. That's good parenting!

Ah, but good publicity to show that even the chief of police's son is not above the law! 

I wasn't there. I am not Thai. I am not perfect. I don't know the intentions of the participating parties. I do know that I don't know any more than what I read, which is subject to further inspection. If I keep my own side of the street clean, I am less likely to stumble over the trash.

11 hours ago, bheard said:

Huh?

You sure love to jump to conclusions.

Parent pays fine. 

Parent gets reimbursed by offspring.

Offspring gets a stern warning on how the responsibilities for a public figures offspring are more stringent than for other kids his age and an explanation on how youthful indiscretion can reflect poorly on the family and even more importsnt, result in injury to the offspring and others.   

I raised 5 responsible children who matured into responsible adults. I am now a great-grandfather. I certsinly do not require parenting skills from a TVF member. Go have another beer.

He's making this public because he fears the repercussions.

22 hours ago, captspectre said:

it will be interesting to see what happens to this Police officer in the near future. it would be interesting for Thai Visa to check this out next month.

Typically they get a promotion for such good work, to a better ranked position of equal pay in the deep south.

6 hours ago, jerojero said:

Couldn't the dipshit son pay his own measly fine?  Daddy had to go to the Station and pay? W-T-F! 

Or maybe daddy intervened so he could go to the police station to publicly make the point that he respected what the on-duty policeman did.

Wow, so many posters jump to instant conclusions.  

On August 2, 2016 at 7:09 AM, ClutchClark said:

Can Thai pay their own traffic fines? 

I don't know why this young man did not pay the 300 baht himself.

If he did not have the money then maybe his father was already  raising him properly and not spoiling him as you suggest.

Show me a father anywhere that does not bail their kids out of jail.

its part of being a parent...which possibly you are not.

"I don't know why this young man did not pay the 300 baht himself.

If he did not have the money then maybe his father was already  raising him properly and not spoiling him as you suggest."

LOL.  Yes, I'm sure that's it.