Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

Just now, DUS said:

I can already hear the Mod approaching with his virtual broom, getting rid of all the rubbish and bickering that´s been posted today..... ;-)))

This thread has been past it's shelf life for quite some time. All information about the program is out there and there is not much more to say. I will pop in now and again if they send me something worth posting in the monthly newsletter. As far as debating the merits of the program I am done. Buy it if you want it if not don't I could not care less what people do these days. 

It still amuses me that people that aren't interested in it or do not want to purchase one come here so often. I guess if it gives them something to do than that is the total sum of the worth of this thread at this point. 

Over and out. 

• Like 1

As far as I know the 30 days is granted for Airport crossing but 14 for Land.
That opens Vietnam as another possible option for home base coz the visa is a little cheaper again, and flying in has benefits. Or you could just circulate.
Of course this type of activity is what the Thais are trying to regulate around by the 14 day rule or trying to get higher flying expats to commit to a long term stay with upfront elite card fees.

Couple of points:
- SETV (60 day) for Thailand are free at the moment (believe it's been extended to August)
- it's 30 days at a land border for G8 nations but by the same token you're only allowed 2 per calendar year. No restrictions at Airports (yet) but more & more people seemed to be being questioned more closely after 5 or so long trips on VEs

3 hours ago, JB300 said:

Couple of points:
- SETV (60 day) for Thailand are free at the moment (believe it's been extended to August)
- it's 30 days at a land border for G8 nations but by the same token you're only allowed 2 per calendar year. No restrictions at Airports (yet) but more & more people seemed to be being questioned more closely after 5 or so long trips on VEs

Since January 1st it's 30 days, for all nationals of counties that qualify for visa exempt entry, at land borders and airports. The G8 rule no longer applies.

• Like 1

Anyone know how long it takes to get the TE Card? (from start to finish) ?

It was 10 days for me. Bu they say they need about 2 weeks. Best you contact Thailand Elite directly. They work very quick from my experience but certain things like Immigration/background check will take a few days.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Some questions about this program,

It seems this is like a tourist visa but longer so can I buy cars, candos with it?

Can I work with it, or add a work permit to it later if I get a job?

I am in a yellow book, will that change anything? I also have the pink Thai ID card, will that do anything?

Thanks

Edited by ChaangNoi

8 minutes ago, ChaangNoi said:

Some questions about this program,

It seems this is like a tourist visa but longer so can I buy cars, candos with it?

Can I work with it, or add a work permit to it later if I get a job?

I am in a yellow book, will that change anything? I also have the pink Thai ID card, will that do anything?

Thanks

You don't need any visa to buy cars or condos. You could buy them with a visa exempt entry.

You cannot get a work permit with it. You need a non-b visa to have one issued.

Having a yellow house book and ID card would make no difference for getting the membership.

• Like 1

Does anybody know which website if the official one? I see www.thailandelite.com and www.thai-elite.com being two completely different pages but with the same offerings. 

Maybe they run two sites but sounds a bit odd. Given the longstanding discussions about the pros and cons of the Thai Elite card I would hate to fall for an online scam after doing my due diligence on the program.

Does anybody know which website if the official one? I see www.thailandelite.com and www.thai-elite.com being two completely different pages but with the same offerings. 

Maybe they run two sites but sounds a bit odd. Given the longstanding discussions about the pros and cons of the Thai Elite card I would hate to fall for an online scam after doing my due diligence on the program.

www.thailandelite.com is their official website. Not sure who the other one operates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orlandian said:

Is it possible to study (university or private school) under the TE visa? or would one need an Ed Visa for that?

You don't need a ED visa to attend school. It can be done with any type of visa entry or even a visa exempt entry.

4 hours ago, DUS said:

Yes, it is.

I *DO* believe that if you are travelling with a Thai GF/Wife, they will *not* be fast-tracked.  SO they have to line up separately.

I do know that travelling with a Thai GF/Wife, it is faster for BOTH of you to go through the Thai line (at Bangkok airport at least).  I've done this many times and its usually 1 person ahead of us (versus the sometimes 20+ in the foreigner line). 

Unless you are eager to race past her, it may be simpler to just line up with her and skip fast-track.... *if* that is an option with Thailand Elite? (I'm not sure if you HAVE to go through fast track or if you can just dispense with the golf-cart / fast-track and just walk through as if you don't have Thailand Elite (but still have the PE visa)).

Thailand Elite confirmed that direct family members are permitted to accompany a member through fast track facilities. I would certainly consider a "wife" to be a direct family member, perhaps a "Thai GF" is not though. I suggest emailing to clarify if this is important to you.

• Like 1

I followed this discussion with big interest.

The 20 Year option is what I am mostly interested, as I like the "peace of mind" and can afford the THB 1M.

There is a wealth of information and opinion about this program on the 20 pages already...

However could anyone in the know tell me more about the following:

• What conditions, other than in section 6. of the TE Web Site, does an applicant need to meet?
  • When you apply, how long does it take until you know if you are accepted?
  • From what date is the first 5 Year visa valid? From the day you get it affixed to your Passport when you enter Thailand or visit CW?

Highly appreciated if someone can shed some light on these questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

From the moment I sent my completed application, it took 5 days and I got the approval. I then went to the bank to make the deposit, they acknowledged it 24 hours later and told me to come to Chaeng Watthana at my earliest convenience. Since I was leaving the country, I got the visa issued on my return at Suvarnabhumi, which was valid for 5 years from the date I landed.

Many thanks SiamBeast

I've read in other threads about someone getting rejected from entry even tho they had an unused SETV in their passport.

Is it possible to be rejected entrance into Thailand even if you have the PE visa?  (Or is this the reason you always go through the special immigration line with TE staff to avoid an IO who will reject you without a valid reason?)

6 minutes ago, JayBird said:

I've read in other threads about someone getting rejected from entry even tho they had an unused SETV in their passport.

Is it possible to be rejected entrance into Thailand even if you have the PE visa?  (Or is this the reason you always go through the special immigration line with TE staff to avoid an IO who will reject you without a valid reason?)

I doubt very much a person with a PE visa would ever be denied entry. Although it is not a non immigrant visa it is closer to being one than a tourist visa is.

• Like 1

Looking for some knowledgeable folk to help me in my decision process:

My Situation:

- 47 yr old Australian

- I own a business in Singapore, but now want to live and possibly 'settle' in Thailand.

- I want to be able to buy property (even if just a condo) and would like to be able to get a loan from a bank for this - I have good income, but minimal cash.

- I travel a lot to other countries - like 6 times per month minimum - sometimes 10-12 so I spend a lot of time in immigration queue!

- Would like to be able to lease a car also

- I am not married to a Thai, but have a Thai girlfriend who works

My Choices

1. Set-up a business here and apply for Non-B and then Work Permit

2. Thailand Elite

As I see it these are my choices. The Business set-up I have done before for another company. This time I guess I'd do it with myself and a local as shareholders. The bit I don't know is how easy/difficult it would be to obtain the Non-B and WP based on this new company (last time I set up a company it was with BOI accreditation/support).

Thailand Elite is a nice quick solution to most things I need, but may not be what I need as far as establishing an income here for the purposes of obtaining mortgage/car lease/loan etc.

Any thoughts/perspectives?

Looking for some knowledgeable folk to help me in my decision process:

My Situation:
- 47 yr old Australian
- I own a business in Singapore, but now want to live and possibly 'settle' in Thailand.
- I want to be able to buy property (even if just a condo) and would like to be able to get a loan from a bank for this - I have good income, but minimal cash.
- I travel a lot to other countries - like 6 times per month minimum - sometimes 10-12 so I spend a lot of time in immigration queue!
- Would like to be able to lease a car also
- I am not married to a Thai, but have a Thai girlfriend who works

My Choices
1. Set-up a business here and apply for Non-B and then Work Permit
2. Thailand Elite

As I see it these are my choices. The Business set-up I have done before for another company. This time I guess I'd do it with myself and a local as shareholders. The bit I don't know is how easy/difficult it would be to obtain the Non-B and WP based on this new company (last time I set up a company it was with BOI accreditation/support).

Thailand Elite is a nice quick solution to most things I need, but may not be what I need as far as establishing an income here for the purposes of obtaining mortgage/car lease/loan etc.

Any thoughts/perspectives?

A few points based on my experience:
1) you have to be employed or show regular cash flow in your company to be able to obtain a loan/mortgage from a bank in Thailand.
2) if you have your business in Singapore and frequently travel to Thailand, the TE visa is your perfect solution.
3) if you have a good commercial/business reason to open a business in Thailand, do so. You can obtain the visa and work permit on the back of that. But don't open a business purely to get a visa/wp. Bear in mind tax as well especially compared to Sgp. Not sure about the nature of your business but can you be based in Thailand with your business in Sgp given you travel frequently?

Hope this helps. I'm sure other people can provide more input to your questions.

1 hour ago, thaifoodruns said:

Is anyone else worried that it could get cancelled half way through? 

I'm applying today for 1mil/20yrs

I guess the fact that you get half the price for the 20 year is the "risk" premium involved. I feel this is good enough risk reward to do the 20 year and take the risk of a very drastic change which will negatively impact the visa situation. In addition,  it is unlikely that in 5 years time when a 5 year TE comes up for renewal the price will still be 500k and they will somewhat adjust for inflation so the risk premium is probably even lower.

• Like 1