Yingluck says No to draft charter

webfact

Yingluck says No to draft charter

727_Yingluck-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra said she will vote in the August 7 referendum but will reject both the draft charter and the attached question.

She made clear of her stance on the draft charter in her Facebook page today.

She said she would certainly go to the poll but would not accept the draft charter which goes against the principles of democracy.

She said further that she also disagreed with the question in referendum.

Earlier the National Legislative Assembly said the question to be asked voters in the referendum is “Should senators be able to select a prime minister?”

Voters are given two choices Yes or No.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/174640-2/

-- Thai PBS 2016-08-02

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a laugh, she expects people to believe she understands it, any word with more than 3 letters in it is too much for her to understand let alone read. Big brother has told her what to do as per usual, he pulls all her strings while she dances for him

25 minutes ago, seajae said:

what a laugh, she expects people to believe she understands it, any word with more than 3 letters in it is too much for her to understand let alone read. Big brother has told her what to do as per usual, he pulls all her strings while she dances for him

What's really funny is how some of you get your knickers into a twist over something that you have no control over and which is highly unlikely to affect your day to day lives. Like how sweatalot obviously sweats a lot as to who should be the governing party etc. 

At the end of the day, as foreigners with no voting rights, all we can do is just to adhere to the law of the land and behave within tolerable limits.

40 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

this greedy family clan voice and utterly incompetent politician should just shut up

and her gang should never be in government again

I think PT will win again. Really no competent competitors and also voters always have a way to get back at the establishment and the military. Always happened after a coup. Don't get too emotional if that happen and for your sake, keep away from high buildings. 

When both Abhasit and Ying Luck oppose the charter, you can bet that something stinks about it. Safe to assume that reason may be it takes power away from voters, whatever political stripe they may be, and puts it in military/elite hands (pure coincidence I am sure).

1 hour ago, WhizBang said:

Have any of you negative nellies actually read the draft?

I have, and I consider it a recipie for disaster   It is laced with far too many loopholes that only favor those in power.

i had a skim of it. it is a long read. dont think anyone here cares about what is in it. odd as it seems to have every ones panties in a twist. pass or fail the army wins.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

I think PT will win again. Really no competent competitors and also voters always have a way to get back at the establishment and the military. Always happened after a coup. Don't get too emotional if that happen and for your sake, keep away from high buildings. 

Don't stand on chairs near dangling ropes or fabrics

1 hour ago, WhizBang said:

Have any of you negative nellies actually read the draft?

I have, and I consider it a recipie for disaster   It is laced with far too many loopholes that only favor those in power.

Yingluck writes that it's against democracy. But she doesn't explain the detail behind her assessment following her in depth reading of it.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to elaborate on the areas that you consider undemocratic or that contribute to loopholes etc.

My Thai reading isn't anywhere near good enough for such a complex document. Presumably the several people who "liked" your post have also read the document in depth and can also maybe elaborate on which sections they find issue with.

2 hours ago, sweatalot said:

this greedy family clan voice and utterly incompetent politician should just shut up

I take it your voting yes? I fail to see where their greed and utter incompetence surpassed what is called a "government" today. 

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

What's really funny is how some of you get your knickers into a twist over something that you have no control over and which is highly unlikely to affect your day to day lives. Like how sweatalot obviously sweats a lot as to who should be the governing party etc. 

At the end of the day, as foreigners with no voting rights, all we can do is just to adhere to the law of the land and behave within tolerable limits.

Yes, you are correct about us blow-in's  -  but doesn't it really get up your nose seeing all the crap that goes on that is supposedly informed comment. 

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Some members own businesses here, with contacts at relatively high places in the government.  Some members have family that are also relatively high up in the government.  What's going on here has already affected our daily lives.  And potentially our families and investments.  Investments Thailand is supporting.

Your comments could also be applicable to your home country.  Other than the right to vote.

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Of course she is against the charter, no real democrat would agree with this. She of course have every right to voice her opinion and the Thai electorate should be allowed to decide whether they agree with your statement that they should never be in government again. If the history of the last 15 years is anything to go by, it seems the Thai electorate does not agree.

7 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

another "shoot the messenger" thread. 

strange that I didn't read such hateful, demeaning, and sexist comments when Mark made a similar statement... :whistling:

Yeah, of course some of the posters on this thread have done nothing but display hatred for Yingluck and her family. Uttering corruption and other misdemeanors, completely ignoring the fact that the other side has a clear history of the same transgressions :D 

Something about good guys or something silly. At least she could be voted out of office.

Edited by sjaak327

2 hours ago, FireMedic said:

"If the charter passes, there is no way me or my family can continue to steal from poor people anymore. I therefore vote no."

Yep, if the charter passes, the good guys get to steal from the poor people, AND ensure those poor people cannot even do anything about it.

"Earlier the National Legislative Assembly said the question to be asked voters in the referendum is “Should senators be able to select a prime minister?” Voters are given two choices Yes or No"

So the question really is "Should Thailand be a democracy or not. Yes or No."

I wonder if the Thai people are capable of understanding what that question means. Or if they care. Well, we shall see.

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

perhaps it is you should shut up, she is entitled to her opinion and she is Thai and it is her country and while i may not agree with her i respect her right to express an opinion

18 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

another "shoot the messenger" thread. 

strange that I didn't read such hateful, demeaning, and sexist comments when Mark made a similar statement... :whistling:

When you run out of posting anything that are of substance of any kind, you resort to ad hominen. Junta apologists here are running out of good reasons to explain and have to resort to ad hominin because of their blind affiliation.   

Well of course all the Junta lovers are here on this topic

not much for them to say these days when their team has a meglomaniac in charge.

Of course, they could always broaden their minds and read some Thai history ( from an independent author) which might wake them up to the reality of Thai politics.

But going on past performances, it would appear they would prefer to remain in ignorance.