Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I have worked under Vietnam vets, with Vietnam vets, and over Vietnam vets.  The tragic part is that we have elected a clueless fool who equates his "sacrifices" in employing people (and sometimes paying them) to the sacrifice of actual heroes who served for their country and the families who lost loved ones in their service.

Ever send a brother off to war?  Ever feel that feeling?  Ever see what that does to your mother?  I have.

As a matter of fact I have, and I was in the Persian Gulf 10 years, not mention almost 2 additional years in Iraq and Afghanistan. How about yourself?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I have worked under Vietnam vets, with Vietnam vets, and over Vietnam vets.  The tragic part is that we have elected a clueless fool who equates his "sacrifices" in employing people (and sometimes paying them) to the sacrifice of actual heroes who served for their country and the families who lost loved ones in their service.

Ever send a brother off to war?  Ever feel that feeling?  Ever see what that does to your mother?  I have.

2 minutes ago, beechguy said:

As a matter of fact I have, and I was in the Persian Gulf 10 years, not mention almost 2 additional years in Iraq and Afghanistan. How about yourself?

Sitting easy at a desk in a lab far from harm's way, thinking about my kid brother.  He came back damaged but alive. 

What do you think about the sacrifices Trump has made?

18 minutes ago, beechguy said:

The laughable part, is that you guys are calling Trump a sleazeball, while defending Hillary.

That's the sad but crucial point about the election. The system threw up two horrors and voters chose the one promising change. One thing is certain: there is more jiggery-pokery about these two than any other pair in history.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The election is over. trump did not get a mandate. He can't get away with faking that he did. Well, he can with trumpists ... they're excellent marks for his CONS. 

That doesn't change the fact that the Clintons are sleazeballs by your definition, and you are just refusing to admit it. It's unfortunate that the U.S. had to choose between these two, but the Democrats haven't given us a credible option for the past several elections.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Sitting easy at a desk in a lab far from harm's way, thinking about my kid brother.  He came back damaged but alive. 

What do you think about the sacrifices Trump has made?

Not much, but the Clintons are even worse. Do you think you will ever see Chelsea in BDU's?

10 minutes ago, beechguy said:

That doesn't change the fact that the Clintons are sleazeballs by your definition, and you are just refusing to admit it. It's unfortunate that the U.S. had to choose between these two, but the Democrats haven't given us a credible option for the past several elections.

This isn't about the Clintons. The Clintons are history. I'm not going to discuss the Clintons ever again. Waste of time! 

trump was elected president. Nobody is saying he wasn't. 

But he's not going to fool most Americans or the world that he got a mandate or landslide and the proof of the pudding is that he didn't even get the MOST votes. 

It's fine if you want to dwell on the Clintons to defend the sleazeball but that's NOT going to wash anymore.

trump is president ELECT under the law of the land, there is no denying. His party controls the entire government. That's what's happening NOW and for a long time. His SCOTUS picks are destined to turn the USA into a far right wing nation for at least 50 years and if gets two terms, even longer. Most people reading this will never see the damage of this reversed. That is GRIM, very grim, and that's what people need to get ... this wasn't a normal election. This election was SEISMIC. 

For progressive Americans, we have entered the DARK AGES. 
That's why I use the word RESISTANCE which I don't think I've ever used before in the context of American politics. A huge percentage of Americans are going to be RESISTING these dark ages for a very long time. If you think the nation was divided before the election, you haven't seen anything yet. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This isn't about the Clintons. The Clintons are history. I'm not going to discuss the Clintons ever again. Waste of time! 

But he's not going to fool most Americans or the world that he got a mandate or landslide and the proof of the pudding is that he didn't even get the MOST votes. 

It's fine if you want to dwell on the Clintons to defend the sleazeball but that's NOT going to wash anymore.

trump is president. His party controls the entire government. That's what's happening NOW and for a long time.

JT,

Actually being electrd President IS a "mandate" by its very definition. 

7 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Much more likely than seeing a Trump brat serving anyone but themself.  Much like Donald.

BTW, the Clinton's are sleazier than the Trump's?  I'm not buying that.

16 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Not much, but the Clintons are even worse. Do you think you will ever see Chelsea in BDU's?

Much more likely than seeing a Trump brat serving anyone but themself.  Much like Donald.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

You don't have too, but I have seen the Clintons in action since the Arkansas days in the 80's. I tried to give Bill the benefit of doubt once, and quickly learned it was a mistake, much like an honest Obama supporter must feel.

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

trump is president ELECT under the law of the land, there is no denying. His party controls the entire government. That's what's happening NOW and for a long time. His SCOTUS picks are destined to turn the USA into a far right wing nation for at least 50 years and if gets two terms, even longer. Most people reading this will never see the damage of this reversed. That is GRIM, very grim, and that's what people need to get ... this wasn't a normal election. This election was SEISMIC. 

For progressive Americans, we have entered the DARK AGES. 
That's why I use the word RESISTANCE which I don't think I've ever used before in the context of American politics. A huge percentage of Americans are going to be RESISTING these dark ages for a very long time. If you think the nation was divided before the election, you haven't seen anything yet. 

I don't need to dwell on the Clintons. Get back with me when they clean up the corruption that the Democrats tolerated, starting with Holder, and Lynch, or at the IRS Lois Lerner, Koskinen, the list goes on.

If you guys want to get angry because we voted for Trump, then give us legitimate choices, not the likes of Reid, Pelosi, Clinton, and again, the list goes on. This also does not mean, I would not like to clear the deck on the Republican side

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

2 minutes ago, beechguy said:

You don't have too, but I have seen the Clintons in action since the Arkansas days in the 80's. I tried to give Bill the benefit of doubt once, and quickly learned it was a mistake, much like an honest Obama supporter must feel.

So you have the benefit of having seen the results of the Clinton's "service".  Maybe some self-service in there, but what about the results?  How many wars started under President Clinton?  How did the economy and government finances do?  Do you think Hillary was detached from this?

I'm not looking for a saint to be POTUS, and obviously neither is a Trump supporter.  What makes you think a clueless, self-centered, self-obsessed, pampered, privileged, grandson of a brothel owner will do better?

11 minutes ago, beechguy said:

I don't need to dwell on the Clintons. Get back with me when they clean up the corruption that the Democrats tolerated, starting with Holder, and Lynch, or at the IRS Lois Lerner, Koskinen, the list goes on.

If you guys want to get angry because we voted for Trump, then give us legitimate choices, not the likes of Reid, Pelosi, Clinton, and again, the list goes on. This also does not mean, I would not like to clear the deck on the Republican side

Ahh..., us vs them!  If I don't like the choices of the other party, I must choose what my party presents, regardless of what a piece of shit my party presents. 

But what your party presented was unqualified to be POTUS to a degree beyond description. 

How old are you?  Haven't you learned that life is full of the lesser of two evils choices?  Why choose and defend the clueless and unqualified candidate over the flawed candidate?

Edited by heybruce

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

So you have the benefit of having seen the results of the Clinton's "service".  Maybe some self-service in there, but what about the results?  How many wars started under President Clinton?  How did the economy and government finances do?  Do you think Hillary was detached from this?

I'm not looking for a saint to be POTUS, and obviously neither is a Trump supporter.  What makes you think a clueless, self-centered, self-obsessed, pampered, privileged, grandson of a brothel owner will do better?

Because I saw Hillary's track record(Syria, Libya, etc) first hand in the Middle East, before I departed. I saw Bill's track record, some of it first hand, when they blew up our Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, never mind Khobar Towers, before that, and the U.S.S. Cole near the end. So no, not impressed with the Clintons.

1 hour ago, Skywalker69 said:

It wasn´t a university. It was a pure scam.

Speaking of trump SCAM fake university ... I think it's time for a humor break.

We are all enrolled in Trump University now

So we just got together on Election Day and decided to enroll the entire nation in Trump University. Course offerings will include:

• You Thought Obamacare Was Bad?

• Actually, Rich People Do Deserve More Tax Cuts

• Thalidomide, Victim of the Over-regulated State

• Vladimir Putin Knows a Thing or Two About Winning Elections

• Yes, My House Blew Away in a Tornado, But There Is Cheap Gas In My Car If I Can Just Get It Out of That Tree

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2016/11/11/we-are-all-enrolled-in-trump-university-now/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Ahh..., us vs them!  If I don't like the choices of the other party, I must choose what my party presents, regardless of what a piece of shit my party presents. 

But what your party presented was unqualified to be POTUS to a degree beyond description. 

How old are you?  Haven't you learned that life is full of the lesser of two evils choices?  Why choose and defend the clueless and unqualified candidate over the flawed candidate?

As a matter of fact I'm 62, and spent a lot of years observing our military and State Department in action. I voted for Trump, as he is the lesser of two evils regardless of your opinion, and Hillary already has proven she was incompetent, you are the one trying to make the case for a clueless, unqualified, flawed candidate. He won, so get over it.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I am sorry but what does this have to do with Trump being elected?

26 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Because I saw Hillary's track record(Syria, Libya, etc) first hand in the Middle East, before I departed. I saw Bill's track record, some of it first hand, when they blew up our Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, never mind Khobar Towers, before that, and the U.S.S. Cole near the end. So no, not impressed with the Clintons.

Um, you credit Clinton with blowing up the USS Cole and other places?  Please explain.

If crediting presidents with the bad things that happen on their watch is part of your thinking, then Ronald Reagan was responsible for the Beirut barracks bombing (and the validation of suicide bombing that he gave with his response) and George W. Bush was responsible for the 9-11 attacks. 

Why did you vote Republican?

Just now, heybruce said:

Um, you credit Clinton with blowing up the USS Cole and other places?  Please explain.

If crediting presidents with the bad things that happen on their watch is part of your thinking, then Ronald Reagan was responsible for the Beirut barracks bombing (and the validation of suicide bombing that he gave with his response) and George W. Bush was responsible for the 9-11 attacks. 

Why did you vote Republican?

I vote for who I think is qualified and will do the job. As I said earlier, I am dissatisfied with members in both parties.

It's not that the Clintons caused the damage, it is the poor reaction to the situations they faced, while it happened on their watch. Even Democrats have said Hillary has displayed poor skills in judgement and decision making.

57 minutes ago, heybruce said:

And it's been one scandal after another ever since.

http://www.businessinsider.com/clinton-futures-scandal-still-relevant-today-2016-2

The simple facts is this. These two people and their bands of respected supporters and surrogates have divided a great nation. America was already great. It was not utopia but it was great. Now it is truly divided. The politics has divided families it has divided friends and it has divided the diverse population with their cultural differences all of whom are immigrants, be they new or first, second, tenth generation. They have even truly divided the members of at least one good forum!

We have a President elect whose dealings with foreign leaders will potentially make Duterte look like an Ambassador for  UN etiquette and manners. Trump is still a puppet for the intensely corrupt group of faceless people that engineer the politics of the USA to suit their own needs, and in the 21 century that now makes it easier for them to control many aspects of global politics.

One thing I look forward to for sure is that Trumps psychological profile will make it impossible for him to hide any really controversial 'state secrets' from the past. That part is going to be yummy. And he will not be able to resist spilling the beans to someone and from there the secret will be safe between him and the rest of the english speaking world! 

There is nothing we can do. The divide between the people MUST be fixed. You see it does not matter who wins, they all end up doing the bidding of the real men with power. That is why the entire political system from voting upwards must be torn down and rebuilt and only a people that resolve their own petty political differences can do that. It seems with the election of Trump the momentum has started, now the people must understand that no politician is on their side and never will be, they feed at the trough for the benefit of themselves and their close family.

The people should not be spewing hatred and violence to each other, that serves exactly the needs of the politicians. The people need to heal and become a nation again and then take Capitol Hill apart brick by brick and start again, and THAT is why the US has a second Amendment. All the true Republican and Democratic principles are long gone in todays politics. A reset in thinking is due.

Both candidates were entirely unsuitable to hold that great office and families, friends AND forum board members achieve nothing by ripping each others throats out in a bid to prove they are the 'right' ones. Nobody is right, and as a faceless friend said recently it will just give us all cardiac disease, and maybe many need to avoid that while their is going to be yet another great health insurance scheme brought in.

Don't divide or support division, and intelligent debate is required over the next 4 years to start the 'movement' proper.

42 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

The simple facts is this. These two people and their bands of respected supporters and surrogates have divided a great nation. America was already great. It was not utopia but it was great. Now it is truly divided. The politics has divided families it has divided friends and it has divided the diverse population with their cultural differences all of whom are immigrants, be they new or first, second, tenth generation. They have even truly divided the members of at least one good forum!

We have a President elect whose dealings with foreign leaders will potentially make Duterte look like an Ambassador for  UN etiquette and manners. Trump is still a puppet for the intensely corrupt group of faceless people that engineer the politics of the USA to suit their own needs, and in the 21 century that now makes it easier for them to control many aspects of global politics.

One thing I look forward to for sure is that Trumps psychological profile will make it impossible for him to hide any really controversial 'state secrets' from the past. That part is going to be yummy. And he will not be able to resist spilling the beans to someone and from there the secret will be safe between him and the rest of the english speaking world! 

There is nothing we can do. The divide between the people MUST be fixed. You see it does not matter who wins, they all end up doing the bidding of the real men with power. That is why the entire political system from voting upwards must be torn down and rebuilt and only a people that resolve their own petty political differences can do that. It seems with the election of Trump the momentum has started, now the people must understand that no politician is on their side and never will be, they feed at the trough for the benefit of themselves and their close family.

The people should not be spewing hatred and violence to each other, that serves exactly the needs of the politicians. The people need to heal and become a nation again and then take Capitol Hill apart brick by brick and start again, and THAT is why the US has a second Amendment. All the true Republican and Democratic principles are long gone in todays politics. A reset in thinking is due.

Both candidates were entirely unsuitable to hold that great office and families, friends AND forum board members achieve nothing by ripping each others throats out in a bid to prove they are the 'right' ones. Nobody is right, and as a faceless friend said recently it will just give us all cardiac disease, and maybe many need to avoid that while their is going to be yet another great health insurance scheme brought in.

Don't divide or support division, and intelligent debate is required over the next 4 years to start the 'movement' proper.

That's the kind of level headed and equanimous posting I wish I had seen more of before the election.

6 hours ago, beechguy said:

As a matter of fact I'm 62, and spent a lot of years observing our military and State Department in action. I voted for Trump, as he is the lesser of two evils regardless of your opinion, and Hillary already has proven she was incompetent, you are the one trying to make the case for a clueless, unqualified, flawed candidate. He won, so get over it.

Understand you are replying to a question from another poster so, all the same, you're not the only poster who's not a kid or who has some experience in (rather than observing) the federal government. 

Neither is this poster the only here with a significant active duty military experience. However, this poster also has professional experience employed by the Congress in Washington, to include just shy of 20 years in Washington in one capacity or another.

I voted for Clinton because she is qualified and in my estimation would have been an excellent reform minded Potus. I did not for a moment consider voting for Trump because he is an ignoramus anal cavity.

Trump won and I of course accept the process and its outcome and I commend former SecState Clinton for her concession call to Mr. Trump and for her gracious exit. She never threatened or for a moment considered doing otherwise.

I state again, Donald Trump is a uniquely American fascist. (Others of the American Right Sector who throw the word back would need to know an "ism" is an ideology with specific elements and components that define the ism as its particular and exclusive ism.)

Active anti fasc Trump components of the country have been shut out of power completely in Washington (likely for the next four years as 2018 will likely be another 'bad' election year). Our only alternative in the dissent and opposition to Trumpism is to take to the streets and to also petition the courts state and federal, to affect public opinion domestic and foreign, and to provide the needed checks and balances on absolute political party power in Washington in the spirit of the Founders.

The Right Sector and its supporters throughout the country would therefore need to brace themselves and to get used to the strategic opposition and its approaches - which are only embryonic but are organic so they will increase and expand to sustain themselves. Perhaps anyone who does not already know might well research (essentially at the least) the anti Vietnam war movement and how we facilitated turning the country against the war over the course of three or four years (although it took longer to actually stop the war).

Take comfort that this is not a 'when in the course of human events' moment, but be well aware that it is a 'four score and seven years ago' time of a different character and nature.

6 minutes ago, Publicus said:

Understand you are replying to a question from another poster so, all the same, you're not the only poster who's not a kid or who has some experience in (rather than observing) the federal government. 

Neither is this poster the only here with a significant active duty military experience. However, this poster also has professional experience employed by the Congress in Washington, to include just shy of 20 years in Washington in one capacity or another.

I voted for Clinton because she is qualified and in my estimation would have been an excellent reform minded Potus. I did not for a moment consider voting for Trump because he is an ignoramus anal cavity.

Trump won and I of course accept the process and its outcome and I commend former SecState Clinton for her concession call to Mr. Trump and for her gracious exit. She never threatened or for a moment considered doing otherwise.

I state again, Donald Trump is a uniquely American fascist. (Others of the American Right Sector who throw the word back would need to know an "ism" is an ideology with specific elements and components that define the ism as its particular and exclusive ism.)

Active anti fasc Trump components of the country have been shut out of power completely in Washington (likely for the next four years as 2018 will likely be another 'bad' election year). Our only alternative in the dissent and opposition to Trumpism is to take to the streets and to also petition the courts state and federal, to affect public opinion domestic and foreign, and to provide the needed checks and balances on absolute political party power in Washington in the spirit of the Founders.

The Right Sector and its supporters throughout the country would therefore need to brace themselves and to get used to the strategic opposition and its approaches - which are only embryonic but are organic so they will increase and expand to sustain themselves. Perhaps anyone who does not already know might well research (essentially at the least) the anti Vietnam war movement and how we facilitated turning the country against the war over the course of three or four years (although it took longer to actually stop the war).

Take comfort that this is not a 'when in the course of human events' moment, but be well aware that it is a 'four score and seven years ago' time of a different character and nature.

I don't think it matters that Trump is the agent of change or the catalyst by which a change agent comes about. It is the change that is necessary. I would hope you take into account the wishes of all of the people as you go about your crusade..

11 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't think it matters that Trump is the agent of change or the catalyst by which a change agent comes about. It is the change that is necessary. I would hope you take into account the wishes of all of the people as you go about your crusade..

Any old change will do? It doesn't matter exactly what that change is? Wow! Bizarreness world ... :stoner: