Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

Sounds more like your own bias. There are plenty of them on this very forum. Neversure, JDGRUEN and ClutchClark come to mind, but there are others.

Well at least I give you 100% presence of mind and honesty for not putting your own name on the list.

4 hours ago, mania said:

More chicken little sky is falling crapola

chicken-little.jpg

You have been waiting for ages for somewhere to slip that little graphic in haven't you, admit it. Keep hold of it, as when Trump has finished in China and the Middle East you may have some real reason to put it back up.

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

You have been waiting for ages for somewhere to slip that little graphic in haven't you, admit it. Keep hold of it, as when Trump has finished in China and the Middle East you may have some real reason to put it back up.

Nope...actually I remembered  the phrase "the sky is falling" but not which  character

Googled it & there you were :wink:

As for your new China/ME tales of fright.......:coffee1:

2nd verse same as the 1st

3 minutes ago, mania said:

Nope...actually I remembered  the phrase "the sky is falling" but not which  character

Googled it & there you were :wink:

As for your new China/ME tales of fright.......:coffee1:

2nd verse same as the 1st

ME tales of fright !! Do we have an internet link to a different planet now? Perhaps a parallel Universe? Is all still the garden of Eden in the ME on your planet? Are China still a peaceful nation where you are, who have no wish for a territorial grab on the South China sea or Taiwan or who don't oppress Tibet? Which galaxy are you in exactly?

17 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Nothing nasty about demanding justice. I agree with Trump that she has already been through enough - losing her dream. However, there is the issue of those at the top escaping the punishment that the average American would surely receive. Trump has been magnanimous in victory, but that does not mean that charging Hillary is not a reasonable demand.

"Lock her up!" calls are not about justice, she's not been charged, put on trial nor convicted of anything. Neither is "she's been through enough" - if there was wrongdoing, it ought to be addressed without consideration for the personal feelings of a losing candidate.

34 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Trump supporters do not agree with you. They think she is guilty, but skated because of political considerations and friends at the top. 

That they think she is guilty does not make her guilty. There's due process involved when it comes to justice, and it doesn't involve "locking her up" before legal proceedings. Obviously, "Charge her!" doesn't carry quite the same punch.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Just as Trump's habit of settling out of court does not make him innocent.

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Trump wasn't secretary of state at the time with plans to run for president, again. 

He was president elect when he settled the Trump University law suits.  However his status as a business man of questionable ethics at the time of his other settlements doesn't change the appearance and high probability of guilt issues.

SNL's list of why trump shouldn't be president.

I'm sure there are hundreds more:

Here are the top 12 reasons on Clinton’s list — which was as many as we could write down when she dropped a stack of cue cards:

http://www.advocate.com/comedy/2016/12/18/saturday-night-live-snuck-12-serious-reasons-worry-about-trump-video

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, mania said:

More chicken little sky is falling crapola

chicken-little.jpg

It's all they've got.  After 8, long, disastrous years, hate, violence, division, and hyperbole are what's left in the tool chest.  'Just wingnuts being wingnuts (and now the new "Party of No").  The electoral college crap is a perfect example (hate letters & death threats over something that never had the remotest possibility of ever actually happening).   "Desperation for Dummies" must've just about sold out...

15 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

It's all they've got.  After 8, long, disastrous years, hate, violence, division, and hyperbole are what's left in the tool chest.  'Just wingnuts being wingnuts (and now the new "Party of No").  The electoral college crap is a perfect example (hate letters & death threats over something that never had the remotest possibility of ever actually happening).   "Desperation for Dummies" must've just about sold out...

Considering the state of the country when Obama took office--two unfinished wars, Bush's final budget driving a $1.4 trillion deficit and the economy in freefall--only a wingnut would describe Obama's presidency as disastrous.  Now the country's at peace, the economy is the fastest growing in the developed world, the deficit is significantly reduced and unemployment is well below 5%.

Of course people who don't like Obama and foolishly believe Trump can do better won't let facts change their beliefs.

57 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Considering the state of the country when Obama took office--two unfinished wars, Bush's final budget driving a $1.4 trillion deficit and the economy in freefall--only a wingnut would describe Obama's presidency as disastrous.  Now the country's at peace, the economy is the fastest growing in the developed world, the deficit is significantly reduced and unemployment is well below 5%.

Of course people who don't like Obama and foolishly believe Trump can do better won't let facts change their beliefs.

If the wars are over, why is Obama sending troops back to Iraq? If the wars are over, why are there still troops in Afghanistan? If Obama was so great with the budget and economy, why has the debt grown to almost 20 trillion?

Can Trump do better? Apparently the Stock Market thinks so, and that getting Obama out of the way is a good thing. You're correct, some people just won't let the facts change their beliefs.

The fact is, Obama wasn't running for President again, and many of us thought, correctly it seems. that he was unqualified. People did look at Hillary, as a continuation of his policies, and they aren't buying it. Trump himself may not have a mandate, but considering how many Senators, Representatives, on a State and Federal level the DNC has lost, never mind Governors, I would think they would wake up.

Edited by beechguy

11 minutes ago, beechguy said:

If the wars are over, why is Obama sending troops back to Iraq? If the wars are over, why are there still troops in Afghanistan? If Obama was so great with the budget and economy, why has the debt grown to almost 20 trillion?

Can Trump do better? Apparently the Stock Market thinks so, and that getting Obama out of the way is a good thing. You're correct, some people just won't let the facts change their beliefs.

Some experts analyse numbers :

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/15/grading-the-obama-economy-by-the-numbers.html

Jobs created during US presidential terms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms

31 minutes ago, Opl said:

And many of us are educated enough to read beyond the headlines. Are there more jobs, I suppose so, but one would have to work two or three of them to make a decent living. Look at how many people remain out for the work force. Most people seem to focus strictly on 2007 or 08 under President Bush, but his unemployment numbers weren't bad until then. also, lets not forget the Democrat factor in the economy going in to the tank.

It's your source, but look at public debt, budget balance,  income inequality, and the fact that we are almost 20 trillion in debt. Doesn't look that rosy to me, but you guys can try to spin this however you want.

Again, was Trump the best choice overall, probably not, but he is still better than the alternative choice we were given. As to the whiners and complainers about the popular vote. She won by less than 3 million, she carried California by 4 million, in that sense, I think the Electoral College served it's purpose.

Edited by beechguy

55 minutes ago, beechguy said:

The fact is, Obama wasn't running for President again, and many of us thought, correctly it seems. that he was unqualified. People did look at Hillary, as a continuation of his policies, and they aren't buying it. Trump himself may not have a mandate, but considering how many Senators, Representatives, on a State and Federal level the DNC has lost, never mind Governors, I would think they would wake up.

Troops are in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other countries as trainers and advisers, not to fight wars.  Take a look at the numbers since 1980 and you'll see that the deficit grows under Republican presidents and shrinks under Democratic presidents.  There was still a deficit (except under Clinton) so the total debt still grew.  That's basic math.

The stock market went up because many people think, with good reason, that Trump will implement massive deficit spending and stimulate the economy.  That's good in the short term, bad in the long term.

31 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Troops are in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other countries as trainers and advisers, not to fight wars.  Take a look at the numbers since 1980 and you'll see that the deficit grows under Republican presidents and shrinks under Democratic presidents.  There was still a deficit (except under Clinton) so the total debt still grew.  That's basic math.

The stock market went up because many people think, with good reason, that Trump will implement massive deficit spending and stimulate the economy.  That's good in the short term, bad in the long term.

And once again, the topic is about a comment made, by a President with a poor record. Is Trump unfit, perhaps, but less so than the alternative choice we were given.

No need to discuss the troops going back in to Iraq. It took long enough, but Obama realized he made a foreign policy mistake, along with his decisions involving Libya, Syria, Arab Spring etc.

20 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

2 hours ago, beechguy said:

And once again, the topic is about a comment made, by a President with a poor record. Is Trump unfit, perhaps, but less so than the alternative choice we were given.

No need to discuss the troops going back in to Iraq. It took long enough, but Obama realized he made a foreign policy mistake, along with his decisions involving Libya, Syria, Arab Spring etc.

The topic is about a President that lifted the country out of the abyss, and this president stating the obvious--Trump's obvious lack of qualifications for the job.  You brought up Obama's record in a vague, negative, unsubstantiated manner and you're back to vague, negative and unsubstantiated.  The problems in the Mideast are largely due to the failure of the people to unite behind competent leaders, the US has tried regime change, military support, aid, diplomacy, etc., and the problems remain.

Obama's record isn't perfect, but the country is undeniably better off now than when he took office.   It's unlikely Trump will be able to do the same.

For the final time, this topic isn't about Obama.   It is about Trump.   There have been 110 pages of largely off-topic comments.   The time has come to stop that and you can expect suspensions for continued trolling, flaming and off-topic comments.  

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.  

Well, there ya go. A centerpiece of the con. 

Out the window. :biggrin: 

Will the Lemmings ever acknowledge how much they've been had?

Gingrich: Trump backing away from 'drain the swamp'

"President-elect Donald Trump campaigned on a promise to “drain the swamp” in Washington of corruption, but now that he’s preparing to move into the White House, Newt Gingrich said the Manhattan real estate mogul is looking to distance himself from that message."

“I'm told he now just disclaims that. He now says it was cute, but he doesn't want to use it anymore,”

the former House Speaker and close Trump adviser said of the “drain the swamp” message in an NPR interview published Wednesday morning."

“I've noticed on a couple of fronts, like people chanting ‘Lock her up,’ that he's in a different role now and maybe he feels that as president, as the next president of the United States, that he should be marginally more dignified than talking about alligators in swamps." :whistling:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/newt-gingirch-trump-drain-the-swamp-232878

Dignified? Newt, have you seen any of the tweets from this buffoon?

Edited by iReason

On 12/20/2016 at 9:27 AM, beechguy said:

Good post. Trump's election has nothing to do with Trump. He is a result of failure after failure of the Democrats to serve the needs of their constituents. Thanks to the Democrats, America has elected a sociopath. I hope they're working on a major reorganization of the party, but so far I've seen no evidence of that.

On 12/19/2016 at 3:00 PM, heybruce said:

Really?  Here's a simple, basic issues question for the issues oriented Trump supporters:  Did Trump campaign on a promise of isolationism or aggressive intentional engagement? 

I assume you intended to write aggressive international engagement!

Neither. Trump campaigned on an "America first" promise. He has never, to my knowledge, promoted isolationism.

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Good post. Trump's election has nothing to do with Trump. He is a result of failure after failure of the Democrats to serve the needs of their constituents. Thanks to the Democrats, America has elected a sociopath. I hope they're working on a major reorganization of the party, but so far I've seen no evidence of that.

I agree with your first two sentences.

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Thanks to the Democrats, America has elected a sociopath. 

So although the Republicans have chosen to elect a sociopath, it is the Dems fault? You like to have your cake and eat it don't you. Talk about hedging your bets. So Trump being the President is the Dem's fault, not the fault of all the fools who voted for him. Well that should ease your conscience shouldn't it. How convenient. Hillary is no good - Dem's fault, Trump is no good, Dem's fault. Got it.

5 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

So although the Republicans have chosen to elect a sociopath, it is the Dems fault? You like to have your cake and eat it don't you. Talk about hedging your bets. So Trump being the President is the Dem's fault, not the fault of all the fools who voted for him. Well that should ease your conscience shouldn't it. How convenient. Hillary is no good - Dem's fault, Trump is no good, Dem's fault. Got it.

Trump won the electoral college, but I believe the vote was near in most states. He won because she was such an atrocious candidate. She only won the primary because the DNC rigged them ( according to Wikileaks ). Had a better candidate stood for the Dems they would be president elect. Ergo it is the Dems ( DNC ) fault.