Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

So although the Republicans have chosen to elect a sociopath, it is the Dems fault? You like to have your cake and eat it don't you. Talk about hedging your bets. So Trump being the President is the Dem's fault, not the fault of all the fools who voted for him. Well that should ease your conscience shouldn't it. How convenient. Hillary is no good - Dem's fault, Trump is no good, Dem's fault. Got it.

I think it is fairly certainly known through polling that many Republicans who couldn't stomach Trump but enjoyed the status quo chose to vote for Clinton. At the same time many Independent voters and some Democrats voted for Trump. I put that down to the extremely poor choice of candidate by the Democrats. It has become an imperil party which has lost all touch with its grassroots of which I am a member.

How convenient. Hillary is no good - Dem's fault, Trump is no good, Dem's fault. Got it.

I didn't say it was the Democrats fault that Trump is no good, I said it was their fault that someone as no good as Trump got elected. I think just about anyone else in the Democrat's stable could have been elected over Trump. Sanders certainly and probably O'Malley too. The fix was in though and everyone knew it.

I say these things about Trump "the person". I have no idea how his presidency will actually be. One interested party's perspective:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/reflections-trump-presidency-one-month-after-election-ray-dalio?deepLinkCommentId=6216601921579417600&anchorTime=1482153396994&trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_LIKE_TOP_LEVEL_COMMENT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I assume you intended to write aggressive international engagement!

Neither. Trump campaigned on an "America first" promise. He has never, to my knowledge, promoted isolationism.

"America first".  Care to explain how that will be implemented?  Initial indications are that he will abandon allies and buddy up with tyrants.

However let's get to specifics.  Will Trump become more or less militarily engaged in the Mideast?  After abandoning the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which was initiated by President Bush, has been ten years in negotiation and was designed to ensure global trade would be according to western rules, not Chinese rules, will he attempt to replace it with anything?  If he ends the Iran nuclear deal, thereby strengthening the hand of Iranian hardliners who want nuclear weapons, does he think he can somehow bring back the global economic sanctions that forced Iran into the deal (he won't)?  The list goes on and on.

Can any Trump supporter say with any confidence what he will actually do?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump won the electoral college, but I believe the vote was near in most states. He won because she was such an atrocious candidate. She only won the primary because the DNC rigged them ( according to Wikileaks ). Had a better candidate stood for the Dems they would be president elect. Ergo it is the Dems ( DNC ) fault.

The election wasn't rigged, but the DNC clearly preferred a lifelong Democrat to be its candidate, as opposed to a lifelong independent who only became a Democrat to run on a major party ticket.

"America first".  Care to explain how that will be implemented?  Initial indications are that he will abandon allies and buddy up with tyrants.

However let's get to specifics.  Will Trump become more or less militarily engaged in the Mideast?  After abandoning the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which was initiated by President Bush, has been ten years in negotiation and was designed to ensure global trade would be according to western rules, not Chinese rules, will he attempt to replace it with anything?  If he ends the Iran nuclear deal, thereby strengthening the hand of Iranian hardliners who want nuclear weapons, does he think he can somehow bring back the global economic sanctions that forced Iran into the deal (he won't)?  The list goes on and on.

They can't because his core support base is largely based on cult of personality. This is typical for authoritarian populist movements of all political flavors. trump has been elected so now the U. S. democracy is in peril and more than that too. Dark times.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

The election wasn't rigged, but the DNC clearly preferred a lifelong Democrat to be its candidate, as opposed to a lifelong independent who only became a Democrat to run on a major party ticket.

That's the same thing that happened to the Republicans. You gotta pay attention to the electorate. Obviously neither party did.

The Huckster likes surround himself with some real class acts:

Trump New York co-chair makes racist 'gorilla' remark about Michelle Obama

Carl Paladino: ‘I’d like her to return to being a male let loose in Zimbabwe’ (sub-title)

"About Michelle Obama, he said: “I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the

outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.”

"Paladino confirmed to the Buffalo News that he made the original comments. “Of course I did,”

he said on Friday morning. “Tell them all to go <deleted> themselves.”

"At a political rally in 2015, he spoke about “damn Asians” and other “foreigners” attending university in Buffalo."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/23/donald-trump-carl-paladino-michelle-obama

Where's that lid for the basket of Deplorables?

These scum keep crawling out of it.

17 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Woefully unfit?  Don't think so.  He's saving the taxpayers a chunk of money on the new AF1 areoplane: :smile:

Trump extracts pledge from Boeing on Air Force One costs

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-defense-idUSKBN14A271

All the article claims is the two AF1s will not exceed the original projected cost of US$4billion, with no indication whatsoever of actual future project cost savings.

Edited by simple1

20 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Woefully unfit?  Don't think so.  He's saving the taxpayers a chunk of money on the new AF1 areoplane: :smile:

Trump extracts pledge from Boeing on Air Force One costs

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-defense-idUSKBN14A271

Grasping at straws, aren't you?

"The company is currently under contract for $170 million to help develop plans for the planes.

Trump has said the planes, which are in the early stages of development and are not expected to be ready until 2024, would cost more than $4 billion."

At this stage of development Boeing can commit to any limit on cost, including the $4 billion that Trump invented, and limit the planes capabilities to stay under that number.

On 12/22/2016 at 3:27 PM, heybruce said:

That post is :shock1:. NO ONE can say what Trump will do in the future, and he probably only has a plan subject to change.

He has said that he is going to put America first; I have no reason to disbelieve that at the present time- ask me again in 4 years if he did or not.

I am not psychic, and neither are you, so let's stop with the "tell me what he's going to do" baiting.

In another example of how wrong the title of this thread is we see that Trump has US Consumer Confidence at a 13 year high

To wit:

fdeec69bd049a7fd8bfd16df7f89bfb5

The final consumer sentiment reading from the University of Michigan for 2016 came in just below a 13-year high.

And it’s all about Donald Trump.

Consumer sentiment hit a 98.2 in December according to the UMich survey, the highest since January 2004.

“While the surge in confidence following Trump’s surprise election ended by mid December, it nonetheless led to the highest level of the Sentiment Index since January 2004,” said Richard Curtin, chief economist for the survey.

“An all-time record number of consumers (18%) spontaneously mentioned the expected favorable impact of Trump’s policies on the economy,” Curtin added. “This was twice as high as the prior peak (9%) recorded in 1981 when Reagan took office

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-has-us-consumer-confidence-near-a-13-year-high-152245264.html

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That post is :shock1:. NO ONE can say what Trump will do in the future, and he probably only has a plan subject to change.

He has said that he is going to put America first; I have no reason to disbelieve that at the present time- ask me again in 4 years if he did or not.

I am not psychic, and neither are you, so let's stop with the "tell me what he's going to do" baiting.

ANd if Donald Trump had selected George Soros as Secretary of State,  Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary, Paul Krugman as his chief economic adviser, Robert Reich as head of HUD, and was advocating massively raising taxes on the rich and strengthening Obamacare, would you be saying the same thing? That whom he appoints or what he says he's going to do has no significance?  Because, if so, then what you believe is that Trump resembles a slot machine more than a chief executive.

Edited by ilostmypassword

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

ANd if Donald Trump had selected George Soros as Secretary of State,  Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary, Paul Krugman as his chief economic adviser, Robert Reich as head of HUD, and was advocating massively raising taxes on the rich and strengthening Obamacare, would you be saying the same thing? That whom he appoints or what he says he's going to do has no significance?  Because, if so, then what you believe is that Trump resembles a slot machine more than a chief executive.

Unless you can fortell the future I strongly suggest you stop with the baiting.

We agree on something--no one knows what Trump will do.  No one knows what his policies are.  He has said so many contradictory things and lied so outrageously that I doubt that even Trump knows what he will do.  Which supports Obama's claim that Trump is woefully unfit to be president.

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

In another example of how wrong the title of this thread is we see that Trump has US Consumer Confidence at a 13 year high

To wit:

fdeec69bd049a7fd8bfd16df7f89bfb5

The final consumer sentiment reading from the University of Michigan for 2016 came in just below a 13-year high.

And it’s all about Donald Trump.

Consumer sentiment hit a 98.2 in December according to the UMich survey, the highest since January 2004.

“While the surge in confidence following Trump’s surprise election ended by mid December, it nonetheless led to the highest level of the Sentiment Index since January 2004,” said Richard Curtin, chief economist for the survey.

“An all-time record number of consumers (18%) spontaneously mentioned the expected favorable impact of Trump’s policies on the economy,” Curtin added. “This was twice as high as the prior peak (9%) recorded in 1981 when Reagan took office

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-has-us-consumer-confidence-near-a-13-year-high-152245264.html

Still reaching at straws.  Under Obama the US has the fastest growing economy in the developed world, a deficit one third of that caused by Bush's final budget, and unemployment at 4.6%.  Of course consumer confidence is up.

Although Trump is no longer campaigning, so he's cut back on speeches telling everybody how terrible everything is.  I suppose he gets some credit for that.

Unless you can fortell the future I strongly suggest you stop with the baiting.

Calling something baiting doesn't make it so. Clearly you don't understand what baiting is.  I am simply exposing the weakness of your reasoning.  According to your way of thinking, the things Donald Trump says and the people he appoints give absolutely no indication of what he's actually going to do.  In other words, on any particular issue, the Trump residency is the equivalent of a coin flip.  And clearly, the people who liked your previous posting are just clueless. On the one hand, they claim to like everything Trump has done in the post election period..  But how can you like or dislike something Trump has done, if it has no significance?

10 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Calling something baiting doesn't make it so. Clearly you don't understand what baiting is.  I am simply exposing the weakness of your reasoning.  According to your way of thinking, the things Donald Trump says and the people he appoints give absolutely no indication of what he's actually going to do.  In other words, on any particular issue, the Trump residency is the equivalent of a coin flip.  And clearly, the people who liked your previous posting are just clueless. On the one hand, they claim to like everything Trump has done in the post election period..  But how can you like or dislike something Trump has done, if it has no significance?

It is funny to me that on one side the ambivalent POTUS-elect's supporters say "look at all he has done and affected" then in the same reply state "It isn't fair to judge him yet because he hasn't done anything." So which is it?

9 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

^

Patience.  He's not in office yet. :smile:

Who can find anything wrong with the following from Donald Trump?

A President with Stones! :smile:

And he will bomb the sh*t out of the civilians that ISIS hides among. 

Real war isn't like in the movies.  I don't think Trump understands that.

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

^

Patience.  He's not in office yet. :smile:

Well Trump's nominated SecDec may differ with his BS.

If Trump’s plans consist of re-energizing torture programs and mass killings of civilians as he talked about during his campaign, Mattis may have a lot to say. As Mattis once told his troops, the U.S. military is “the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”

https://warisboring.com/appointing-mad-dog-mattis-to-lead-the-pentagon-could-be-trump-s-best-decision-1de5070065ed#.5ulugh8be

Edited by simple1

27 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Plenty to find wrong in the Silver Spooner's BS rhetoric.

He's an ignorant blustering idiot playing to the ignorant Lemmings.

If he had stones, he would have served rather than claim "bone spurs". (To date he can't remember which foot it was)

And whatever happened to his grand "secret" plan? BS.

Trump: I don't give a specific ISIS plan because I don't want enemies to know it

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/07/trump-i-dont-give-a-specific-isis-plan-because-i-dont-want-enemies-to-know-it.html

It’s almost like Donald Trump’s secret plan to defeat ISIS never actually existed

“All I can tell you it is a foolproof way of winning, and I’m not talking about what some people would say,

but it is a foolproof way of winning the war with ISIS." ISIS is an alternative acronym for the Islamic State."

"Then, in a June 2015 meeting with the Des Moines Register editorial board, he offered a different reason for keeping the plan under wraps —

that his opponents would steal it. "The problem with politics is if I tell you right now, everyone else is going to say, 'Wow, what a great idea.' "

"You're going to have 10 candidates go and use it, and they're going to forget where it came from, which is me. But no, I have an absolute way of defeating ISIS."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/07/donald-trump-said-he-had-a-secret-plan-to-defeat-isis-as-of-now-hes-not-planning-to-use-it/?utm_term=.cd3d58f60fab

We call that Full of Sh%t where I come from.

Dunning Kruger.

2 hours ago, Opl said:

Can't catch mad cow disease from intercourse with a cow. Whatever.

If anyone takes him at his word they have a serious humour deficit. The guy is obviously very silly, and not to be taken seriously.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

If anyone takes him at his word they have a serious humour deficit. The guy is obviously very silly, and not to be taken seriously.

If anyone thinks what this pig say's is humor, they have a serious deficit in their own humanity.

You dimiss a racist bigot as "silly"?

"Paladino confirmed to the Buffalo News that he made the original comments. “Of course I did,”

he said on Friday morning. “Tell them all to go <deleted> themselves.”

"At a political rally in 2015, he spoke about “damn Asians” and other “foreigners” attending university in Buffalo."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/23/donald-trump-carl-paladino-michelle-obama

One thing that makes Trump woefully unfit to become President is the company he keeps. Here in an utterly disgraceful interview Carl Paladino one of the Trumps senior Campaign advisors and a former Republican nominee for Governor in New York says some quite disgusting things.

Artvoice: What would you most like to happen in 2017?

Carl Paladino: Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Herford. He dies before his trial and is buried in a cow pasture next to Valerie Jarret, who died weeks prior, after being convicted of sedition and treason, when a Jihady cell mate mistook her for being a nice person and decapitated her.

Artvoice: What would you most like to see go in 2017?

Carl Paladino: Michelle Obama. I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.

Lets make America great again!

The full reprehensible details here!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/12/23/trump-friend-and-n-y-campaign-co-chair-says-he-wants-obama-dead-of-mad-cow-disease-in-2017/?utm_term=.f26b04c67ff0

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When such an irreverent candidate as Trump is POTUS- elect, it is normal that his suite comes down to the same level. Carl Paladino + Stephen Bannon etc.. reflect Trump's affinities.

But , even if you dislike Obama, to come up with such statements  becomes appalling

However, elected representatives are the image of the majority of citizens:  rude, dehumanized and superficial.

You deserve what you vote for.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately we have to take him seriously, he's the President-elect.