Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

I see the sour grapes club are still in full melt down.

I wonder how it feels knowing that the man they despise is going to be president and sod all can do about it?

Probably the way I'd feel if she had won.

The difference is I wouldn't be coming on here every day to post irrelevant mutterings in the vain hope that it would change the facts. It's not like anyone other than us anti Clintonites or Trump supporters are here to read it, and we aren't changing our minds before he has had the opportunity to do anything.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see the sour grapes club are still in full melt down.

I wonder how it feels knowing that the man they despise is going to be president and sod all can do about it?

Probably the way I'd feel if she had won.

The difference is I wouldn't be coming on here every day to post irrelevant mutterings in the vain hope that it would change the facts. It's not like anyone other than us anti Clintonites or Trump supporters are here to read it, and we aren't changing our minds before he has had the opportunity to do anything.

And yet you bothered to post the above. That's without getting into your pretty constant stream of other posts on these topics

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, I'm still hyped that she didn't win. I enjoy pointing that out.

The difference is I wouldn't be coming on here every day to post irrelevant mutterings ....

:coffee1:

Gloating and baiting are great pastimes, it seems.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

:coffee1:

Gloating and baiting are great pastimes, it seems.

As are pointless accusations against a president elect, it seems.

Surely those baiting are the ones posting vile misinformation about someone that won an election by a resounding EC majority? Just pointing out a fact is hardly baiting, even if accompanied by a good deal of satisfaction.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As are pointless accusations against a president elect, it seems.

Surely those baiting are the ones posting vile misinformation about someone that won an election by a resounding EC majority? Just pointing out a fact is hardly baiting, even if accompanied by a good deal of satisfaction.

This is an open forum, people are free to air their opinions. You have issues with that, you're free to avoid them.

Never posted anything denying Trump's victory, supposed lack of mandate, or even much on the popular vote - most of my posts deal with things actually said and done by Trump. I don't feel these are pointless, vile or involve misinformation. But as you're bound to lump all criticism of Trump into one nonsense label or the other, guess it would fall on deaf ears. Now go on and enjoy your baiting.

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Whinging on about petty things like Trump adding some fencing to his wall or not prosecuting Hillary because she has already lost and had her dream destroyed seems pointless to me. So what if Trump has wisely altered a few positions?

Lets see how wise it is when the social security rednecks who voted for him in droves and were all at the rally's screaming 'build a wall' and 'lock her up' turn on him when they realise that yet again Trump was just another Liar, who is not draining the swamp but making it even worse, and who would have thought that possible.

58 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Lets see how wise it is when the social security rednecks who voted for him in droves and were all at the rally's screaming 'build a wall' and 'lock her up' turn on him when they realise that yet again Trump was just another Liar, who is not draining the swamp but making it even worse, and who would have thought that possible.

Once again, a bunch of wild, unknowable "predictions". Pretty typical of the left.

Unit? For sure.

Look at most of his cabinet and adviser picks. Absurd.

But now we're STUCK with the "Trump Show" for four years or more.

God help us!

The Year That Culture Disappeared

Donald Trump drowned out nearly every cultural event in 2016. And it’s only going to get worse.

Ironically, Trump himself, like some freak genetic mutation, will probably serve as a catalyst for all kinds of new art forms that are better adapted to our time. Whatever those turn out to be, they will have to engage us in ways that cut through the incessant blare of a Trump administration. After all, you can leave a movie theater. You can put down a book. But you can’t switch off Donald Trump.

https://newrepublic.com/article/139129/year-culture-disappeared

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Unit? For sure.

Look at most of his cabinet and adviser picks. Absurd.

But now we're STUCK with the "Trump Show" for four years or more.

God help us!

https://newrepublic.com/article/139129/year-culture-disappeared

I didn't see anything meaningful or substantial in their list. I can hardly wait for some Supreme Court appointees.

Edited by beechguy

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

They will be realistic, they know, considering the alternatives, they made the correct choice.

17 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Whinging on about petty things like Trump adding some fencing to his wall or not prosecuting Hillary because she has already lost and had her dream destroyed seems pointless to me. So what if Trump has wisely altered a few positions?

Day in day out, the same intentional obtuse misrepresentation of the point made.

The criticisms deal with Trump's constant flip-flopping statements, and the difference between his conduct and the image often asserted by his supporters (ie - "not a politician", "says it like it is", "new sheriff in town"). While the criticism is based things Trump actually stated, the interpretations suggested by supporters is often imaginative projection. I do get it that some see it as pointless pointing out flaws relating to the next POTUS, but there isn't a very compelling argument (discounting "Trump won!") as to why he should be given a free pass.

This man is an utter disgrace.

Trump says when President of China comes on a State Visit he will just give him a Big Mac, he also mocks Chinese/Japanese Businessmen with a "we just want deal" comment. As one journo tweeted Trump would have been as well putting on a bamboo hat and pulling his eyes back.

This man is going to be the US President. It is 1000 steps back for the USA. Disgusting!

From the South China Morning Post, quite quite shameful. A narcissist in action.

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/1852785/we-want-deal-trump-fakes-asian-accent-mock-chinese-japanese-businessmen

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

So politicians should be criticized and come under scrutiny only during election time? 

Perhaps wait until they are actually in office before starting with the non-stop, fanatical political spin.

Edited by Ulysses G.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Perhaps wait until they are actually in office before starting with the fanatical political spin.

Perhaps that would have been relevant if Trump had not already taken certain actions prior to assuming office. I'm not quite sure why some imagine politicians should be given a free pass at any time, when it comes to their statements, conduct and the gap between them. Fanaticism would be one way to describe rejecting any criticism of Trump whatsoever, and without any proper reason as to why this ought to be.

wait until he is in office?

he already is.  he's making appointments, and taking phone calls.  that's pretty much all a president does other than pardoning a turkey that he doesn't even really pick himself anyways... and lighting the Christmas Tree... next year. 

if you believe the Super Hero nonsense... you're in for a big disappointment. Super Heroes and Super Boogeyman are all total nonsense. example, Reagan was in office when 80,000,000 boomers, of both sexes, were just beginning their prime working years. Nothing that Donald Trump does or doesn't do will change the fact that most of those 80,000,000 boomers are now quite overweight and no longer in their prime years by a long stretch. just one example, but a "big" one (really big).

Edited by maewang99

17 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

You mean like simply accepting a phone call from a long time ally? A tempest in a teapot, but apparently nothing is too petty for the losers of the election to attack.

Back to intentionally obtuse mode? :coffee1:

My posts on that topic are rather clear. And they have nothing to do with the nonsense you posted.

You may want to bring yourself up to date with how things actually happened (that is, if you can decide between Trump's staff competing versions).

9 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am quite up to date on the matter. The new president accepted a phone call from a long time ally.  America does not take orders from China anymore.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-taiwan-call-china-20161205-story.html

I for one, hope that is true.

The conflict is going to happen eventually. I'd prefer it to happen when my side has a better chance of winning.

27 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am quite up to date on the matter. The new president accepted a phone call from a long time ally.  America does not take orders from China anymore.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-taiwan-call-china-20161205-story.html

Try again, according to Trump's staff account (well, one of the accounts) this was arranged well in advance.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The conflict is going to happen eventually. I'd prefer it to happen when my side has a better chance of winning.

If there is going to be a conflict, perhaps better that the new side's leader will actually be in charge, and not commit the current side's leader to a situation without advance notice.

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Here we go, from rednecks touting automatic weapons to people actually advocating an all out war with the worlds next super power! You are off your bloody rocker!!!!

On 12/1/2016 at 7:33 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

He's not even president and has saved jobs. However I believe the sour grapes club will do everything they can to disparage it. Nothing shall be allowed to obscure the wailing and crying, even the good news for a thousand workers.

And you make it all sound so simple.

Are you aware of any of the details why Carrier wanted to move some work offshore? I don't know but just maybe the reality is simply business survival and/or provide an acceptable return to shareholders (after all the good old USA is the bastion of unabated go go go capitalism).

So just wait a while and no doubt Carrier will find another way to reduce costs, quite possibly by generating greater business inefficiencies and downsizing some jobs.

No doubt hero donald trump will then step in again and order them not to downsize and lose jobs. The irony of course being that in the good old USA it's unwritten law (and gop philosophy) that making big dollars and with little respect for workers comes first.

The second irony is donald trumps' own long and substantial record of not paying his bills, so how can he ask other companies to have morals and take care of employees?  

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

The new President Elect did not 'accept' a phone call. As has been accurately reported the phone call was planned and talking points had been established. This WAS NOT a spontaneous call as your messiah would have you believe it was PLANNED and that is from the mouths of Trump transition team. It was irresponsible, but from people who the majority of population do not even know the geography of the world outside the borders of the USA why should we expect them to understand the problem?

PLEASE build the wall - ALL THE WAY AROUND and keep you all inside.

Edited by Andaman Al

" Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump" By CHRISTOPHER SUPRUNDEC. 5, 2016 - " I am a Republican presidential elector, one of the 538 people asked to choose officially the president of the United States. Since the election, people have asked me to change my vote based on policy disagreements with Donald J. Trump. ..Hamilton also reminded us that a president cannot be a demagogue....Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/opinion/why-i-will-not-cast-my-electoral-vote-for-donald-trump.html?_r=0

Edited by Opl