Swimming Pools in Surin City ?

allane

1. Are there any public swimming pools ?

2. Any hotel swimming pools which permit non-guests to swim ?

(In this category, I am only interested in places suitable for fitness swimming; i.e. a length of at least 20 m, excluding kiddy pools or other portions unsuitable for fitness swimming.)

Please provide as much information as possible re admission fees,hours of operation, and good directions. I know Surin only a little.

Fitness Swimming:

I would recommend the Olympic sized (50M) public pool near the Elephant stadium (on the same site), 80 baht if i remember rightly. Its pretty empty during the day. Hours of Op: 10:00 - 21:00 ?

Kritsanai and Booniwanrak have 20M ish pools suitable for lengths but they will get pretty full nearing the end of the day, with Kids doing lessons and Adults swimming widths (Thais love swimming widths for some reason).

Those pools can often stink of piss too, stick with the Olympic pool.

Edited by lukey1979

There are more pools than you can mention. In addition to the ones mentioned above:

The Majestic Hotel (near the bus station) usually quiet and guests allowed.

Saran water park (on the 226 leading out of town towards Buriram) fun for all the family too.

Typically prices are around 100 to 150 baht/session.  Check opening times but I would guess from 1400 to 2100 during the week, and all day Saturday and Sunday.

If you Google 'Surin map' I am sure you will find one to show you around town.

There is a small pool in the Phetchasem Hotel that you can use as long as you are ordering something to eat/drink. It isn't huge. and it is quite old. I like it as my Son can swim, and I can sit by the pool eating lunch and drinking a couple of beers. The food is pretty good actually, and decent service too.