Suggestions to stop tape from melting

watcharacters

I have trouble keeping any tape from melting and becoming worthless.   I'm talking duct tape, masking tape, electrical tape and  any other glue based tape.

I just opened a sealed roll of  blue  TOV duct tape I bought about two months ago and  it's been rendered unusable by basically  becoming  a mass of stickiness.

The  tape is kept  in a spare bedroom, not airconed, where we keep all supplies.     Do I need to figure on using whatever tape I buy as soon as i get home?

I've had Scotch 33 electrical  tape last years in a  generally moderate climate.

Any simple ideas on how to tackle this situation?

I have several different types of tape stored in my small workshop. No air cond. Never a problem.

But I'd try storing in the fridge if only a few rolls. If you have a hobby or job that requires a lot of tape might be worthwhile investing in a small bar fridge.

Just a thought.

Thanks to all for the replies.     I do have Scotch 33 but  it can't  sustain the heat in the long run as well.  

I understand the  only  way to effectively handle it is to buy a bigger refer than what we  have.     Our capacity is 20 cu. ft. between a 6 and 14.     Not enough it appears.   I knew I should have opted for the bigger is better  thing with refer buying.       Next time..

Archived