Phuket police get patrol sport bike training after accidents

webfact

Phuket police get patrol sport bike training after accidents

The Phuket News

1470201789_1-org.jpg

A totoal of 500 Phuket police officers are undergoing professional training to learn how to ride their new Honda CBR 300R patrol motorbikes. Photo PR Dept

PHUKET: -- A total of 500 police officers from across Phuket are receiving professional training to learn how to safely ride their new Honda CBR 300R patrol motorbikes after several officers were involved in accidents while riding their new bikes.

Provincial Police Chief Col Teeraphol Thipjaroen yesterday (Aug 2) presided over the opening of the training project being conducted at the Honda Safety Ride Park in Srisoonthorn, Thalang.

Also present were Provincial Police Deputy Chief Col Peerayuth Karajadee, Honda Safety Ride Park Phuket Manager Thamarak Hrudamkengkit and Phuket Numsang Co Ltd Executive Somchai Chanchoowanitchkul, as well as dozens of police chiefs, deputy chiefs and officers.

“Royal Thai Police bought Honda CBR300R motorbikes and issued them to all police stations across the country for patrol officers and traffic police to use,” Col Peerayuth explained.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-get-patrol-sport-bike-training-after-accidents-58527.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-08-03

I was under the misapprehension that the sport bikes in the headline involved pedals and exertion,  oh silly me.

Ah there is the problem;

“Royal Thai Police bought Honda CBR300R motorbikes and issued them to all police stations across the country for patrol officers and traffic police to use,” Col Peerayuth explained.

They were given big bikes.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ohh look i have a big bike to use.

Ohh silly me i thought it was just a bigger version of the wave:whistling:

I only turned the throttle a bit now i am on my a..e:D

These CBR300R have 27Nm torque compared to the 11Nm or so of a Click.

Neither of them will throw you off the back by twisting the throttle.

It's pretty much the same torque as a Honda Forza scooter... not exactly performance machines :)

I see plenty of traffic police in other countries riding 1200cc bikes with 125Nm torque and not crashing them.

Fantastic idea.

Training them how to use the new equipment they've been given.

Personally, I can't recall ever really seeing Thai police riding recklessly.

I put it down to them seeing people ripped and smashed to pieces on bikes every working day of their lives.

On 8/3/2016 at 11:33 AM, eisfeld said:

These CBR300R have 27Nm torque compared to the 11Nm or so of a Click.

Neither of them will throw you off the back by twisting the throttle.

It's pretty much the same torque as a Honda Forza scooter... not exactly performance machines :)

I see plenty of traffic police in other countries riding 1200cc bikes with 125Nm torque and not crashing them.

Yeah but they have a real bike licence and are actually competent to handle and ride such machines not sum Test thats niether here nor there or a nod & a wink'' This has to be a good thing, maybe even train the BIB in real traffic safety skills so they can then actually aid in road safety for everyone, why maybe even have full and proper training for all vehicle drivers... oh hang on, I'm getting away with myself ere? I forgot its Thailand??