Yingluck pleads for moral support when she appears in court on Friday

webfact

Yingluck pleads for moral support when she appears in court on Friday

737_Yingluck-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has pleaded for moral support from members of the public and her fans as she is due to appear before the court on Friday to defend herself against charge that she failed to stop the rice pledging scheme, resulting in massive damage to the state coffers.

Writing in her Facebook page, she said she would like to share her feelings about the court appearance on Friday which she described as a difficult period of her life.

“Sometimes, it made me feel tired, feel discouraged. But I keep telling myself that I cannot fall sick, feel discouraged, feel disheartened because there are still many people out there who give me moral support. Their expressions everytime I meet with them, either in the provinces or in front of the court house. Even if it rained, they waited for me until I left. Every pair of eyes that looks at me has a lot of meaning for me,” wrote Yingluck in her message.

She added that she had to be strong to prove herself “because there is something which cannot be explained in one day, hence I have to be patient and I believe that everything will be overcome.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-pleads-moral-support-appears-court-friday/

-- Thai PBS 2016-08-03

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Every pair of eyes that looks at me has a lot of meaning for me

She needs to look into the eyes of the families who lost a member to suicide due to the rice scam. I wonder what kind of meaning they would have?

This has always been a witchhunt and there is no sincere legal process or justice in Thailand. The fascists who fill Bangkok don't care about justice or human rights. They talk about violence while their system jails people weekly for their ideas and puts fear into the people to speak the truth. Thailand is the same as ever as the system that enables abuse and corruption is still there with its thug enforcers.

22 minutes ago, SpoliaOpima said:

I have little sympathy for Yingluck in this case. But at least she has the guts to stand trial, unlike her older brother.

True, but the Olympics are about to begin in Rio, traditionally a time for Shins to make a break for it.

7 minutes ago, Alive said:

This has always been a witchhunt and there is no sincere legal process or justice in Thailand. The fascists who fill Bangkok don't care about justice or human rights. They talk about violence while their system jails people weekly for their ideas and puts fear into the people to speak the truth. Thailand is the same as ever as the system that enables abuse and corruption is still there with its thug enforcers.

Many of your points could also be aimed at the family you claim in now under a witchhunt.

Yes scorecard. Corruption comes from the very very top indeed. When the day comes which ends privileges and the truth isn't illegal to talk about there's a chance for change. The most powerful who own the courts are not the shins. Sorry if that bothers some here but it's totally true. The shins are the lesser of evils here. The real slime here is unbeaten and above the law and governments. If you want the truth, that's what we are really talking about.

52 minutes ago, SpoliaOpima said:

I have little sympathy for Yingluck in this case. But at least she has the guts to stand trial, unlike her older brother.

She has no other choice. It's not a case of having courage nor guts, It's a case of not being allowed to flee the country.

Throw the book at her and all her cronies, lackies, stooges and puppets.

what a joke, where was her morality when she was allowing the rice scam to rip of billions of dollars, where was her sympathy when farmers were killing themselves over it because she never paid them nor set up the funds to do so. She is only sorry because she is now being held responsible for her total lack of leadership, never attending any of the meetings when she appointed herself as the one in charge, denying that the rice scam was losing money, refusing to do anything about it, hopefully she will get to spend time locked up where she belongs and have the family fortune lose several billion to repay all the crap she has caused along with her brother. Maybe if she had of actually done what she appointed herself to do she wouldnt be in the sh*t now but then that wasnt what her brother wanted, she is reaping what she sowed

2 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Hopefully she is getting moral-support from her brother in Dubai, whose advice got her into this mess, in the first place ? ;)

She could try  '  only obeying orders  ' as a defence.

12 hours ago, seajae said:

what a joke, where was her morality when she was allowing the rice scam to rip of billions of dollars, where was her sympathy when farmers were killing themselves over it because she never paid them nor set up the funds to do so. She is only sorry because she is now being held responsible for her total lack of leadership, never attending any of the meetings when she appointed herself as the one in charge, denying that the rice scam was losing money, refusing to do anything about it, hopefully she will get to spend time locked up where she belongs and have the family fortune lose several billion to repay all the crap she has caused along with her brother. Maybe if she had of actually done what she appointed herself to do she wouldnt be in the sh*t now but then that wasnt what her brother wanted, she is reaping what she sowed

"Morality"? You are ridiculous. There was not moral choice involved in this. This is a program that failed badly. The losses come from market issues not crime. The cases where there might be crime are small and are being dealt with. This is about a bad choice, bad luck and world markets. Most farmers got their money, don't you know? The people protesting weren't farmers, don't you know? The farmers still support Yingluck, don,t you know?

Here's a flashback to those who hate Yingluck. Hmm, are these folks the farmers?  They also think corruption is okay.

Edited by Alive

Note to future Thai PMs, In Thailand, like many other 3rd world countries, one day you're a PM. powerful and smug with many friends, and one day, a storm clouds is gathering and you're in jail accused of a whole host of crimes from theft to genocide and all your friends are gone.....

Edited by ezzra

1 hour ago, Alive said:

"Morality"? You are ridiculous. There was not moral choice involved in this. This is a program that failed badly. The losses come from market issues not crime. The cases where there might be crime are small and are being dealt with. This is about a bad choice, bad luck and world markets. Most farmers got their money, don't you know? The people protesting weren't farmers, don't you know? The farmers still support Yingluck, don,t you know?

Here's a flashback to those who hate Yingluck. Hmm, are these folks the farmers?  They also think corruption is okay.

OMG!!!... Your joking right???? 

Yes, of course. But this man is a true example of the type of people who went after Yingluck. He does seem to think corruption is okay and that is a hard one to understand why someone protesting against corruption would say that. It shows the truth about these folks and their regime in power. I know many of these people because I work with them. You can't use logic and suggest hypocrisy to them. It really comes down to their own greed and ignorance which rules them. This is PDRC, before them there was PAD. PAD caused the first coup but it was unable to crush Thaksin the way the hearts of its hate-filled leaders wanted to. They'll be back again with a new name protecting their corruption. Since they have the unelected regime in power again and total control over the courts as always they are quiet. The witchhunt going on now is totally them through their partners in the military. Same old story of revenge and hate. Hypocrisy rules as usual in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Alive said:

"This is about a bad choice, bad luck and world markets."

I disagree, this was about one bad idea (there were several) of her brother's, it worked in that got her & his nominee-party elected, but there were ample warnings all along the way that it was unsound, which she ignored. Why was that ?

A PM (and I do include the current one in this) is expected to act in the best interests of the country, it's a higher priority than family-loyalty, and she was rumoured to have to be pressed to ever accept the nomination, she should have trusted her own instincts & steered well clear !

I would agree that most farmers eventually got paid, although rarely at the levels they had been promised, however a lot got into debt through trusting the repeated statements that the cash was on-the-way, when it wasn't because the rice-stocks simply weren't selling at inflated-prices. They had to resort to other sources of finance, merely to survive.

There were indeed farmers protesting, among others, they were threatened for doing so !

It's good that the out-and-out criminal-acts are being pursued, some of Yingluck's own party among them, allegedly faking export-deals to buy at-a-discount but then reportedly never exporting the rice they now owned.

Lastly the claim that the farmers still support her, well we'll see if & when she ever stands for election again, but in my area they're less 'red' than they were, having learned a valuable lesson from the affair.

16 hours ago, SpoliaOpima said:

not much choice really   besides would only make a small dent   in a very large family bank account  if one could track that down

the word is scape goat, coming from the Greek pharmakos, which

\is the root of the word pharmacy, another dubious

industry treating symptoms not causes, it is hard

to understand for a Westerner how a seemingly

illegal government, formed by coup, the

most odious type, and the nineteenth or so in Thailand,

can judge someone legally elected and expect any

credibility coming their way from foreign opinion,

but the world had never been rational in politics

and it will be awhile before that changes

well i believe she is guilty based on what i have seen and i have been here longer than the rice scheme has been running. the scheme was just a bad idea that was poorly managed and left to run for far too long.  if found guilty it would be good to see her detained until the money was returned. wonder if everything will be concluded before the next elections. my prediction is the reds will win the next election and she will be pardoned. process will then start again. hope i am wrong.

18 hours ago, SpoliaOpima said:

What you mean is she was too stupid to escape when she had the chance!!

35 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

well i believe she is guilty based on what i have seen and i have been here longer than the rice scheme has been running. the scheme was just a bad idea that was poorly managed and left to run for far too long.  if found guilty it would be good to see her detained until the money was returned. wonder if everything will be concluded before the next elections. my prediction is the reds will win the next election and she will be pardoned. process will then start again. hope i am wrong.

In modern societies, being guilty of running a bad government policy does not bring criminal and civil actions from your opposition, who took over the government in a coup, and then gave themselves amnesty. Policies are implemented by the government as a unit not individual politician. How much did the fake bomb detectors costs, is that being recovered. How much did the coup cost in lost revenue, is that being collected. This is a transparent attempt to target the current regimes political enemies. For a country supposedly so concerned about "face" this makes Thailand look like a third-world nation without judicial checks and balances - oh wait....

Edited by VN4now
typo

2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

there were ample warnings all along the way that it was unsound, which she ignored. Why was that ?

There were indeed farmers protesting, among others, they were threatened for doing so !

Lastly the claim that the farmers still support her, well we'll see if & when she ever stands for election again, but in my area they're less 'red' than they were, having learned a valuable lesson from the affair.

Here are three of your comments. So Ricardo, looking at them you will agree that the regime in power is ignoring the ample warnings from the world and so deserves to face the music after it leaves. Glad to see you are against it and its abuse.

As for the' threats' to farmers you suggested please post a link. Everyone here has connections to farmers. Please let us hear the threats they faced. I remember when the regime took over it sent soldiers with weapons drawn onto the pro-government stage forcing Yingluck's governments supporters, mostly who were farmers, to flee. There are videos of that. And after that soldiers went through rural farming villages across the northeast looking for those who would resist. The people in those villages weren't waving flags cheering. They were in fear. My brother in law thought they were taking people away killing them in the forests as they did in the past.

You can talk about farmers changing their opinions but there is any truth to that you certainly have to consider that this regime has threatened the people who resist it and its propaganda publicly with detentions and jailings. There is no freedom to speak in support of the past government in Thailand now.