I hope it improves a lot, because this sucks.

Shot

Speed has improved. Yesterday was tough, the day before that very tough. But slowly I'm getting used to the new site. Rome wasn't built in a day. Stop hanging onto the past and embrace the present. It's improving all the time. Today I posted many times. Found out much more about the new format. The only way to improve is to bash away at the new format. Learning by doing. After a while you will grasp the basics and rhen learn the details. You can do it. Don't let new software get you down.

Edited by Wilsonandson

13 hours ago, merijn said:

New format sucks big time.

Almost nothing to find anymore from my history.

Stopped posting almost completely because can't find any history anymore..

Have a scroll through this topic :

All the stuff you need (how to find your history) is explained there.

Hint: More-Activity - My Activity Streams.

Good Luck

On 04/08/2016 at 1:00 AM, smokie36 said:

Speed sucks....format is awful and the Android App does not work at all here.

That's my feedback at this time....can't polish a ....

@smokie36

Speed "scuks" because of indexing isn't complete yet unfortunately and that takes a lot of processing power, TD is trying everything he can

Sucks is putting it mildly..... it is just about unusable  

This ‘new’ format is VERY bad, far worse then the previous version….  Every day since this ‘new’ format has been up and running it is constantly saying…

Service unavailable

OR

The www.thaivisa.com page isn’t working

www.thaivisa.com didn’t send any data.

Yes was the same loads of times on the ‘old’ format but switch on VPN to Singapore it would open 1st time, now all I get + many times a day =

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/936271-instant-water-heater-brands/

Zero Sized Reply

Our system did not receive any data for this request.  [this was 20 mins ago but happens many many times a day]

Use only option in this area TRUE 13 Mbps. OS on PC is Win 10 and 64 bit on laptop is still the old XP, same on both machines..

Now the big question will this post today ?? so far when I do get a service and post in New site Feedback get ‘Service unavailable’ ………. have tried posting many times a day since Thursday morning..

Edited by ignis

On 8/4/2016 at 1:00 AM, smokie36 said:

Speed sucks....format is awful and the Android App does not work at all here.

That's my feedback at this time....can't polish a ....

no but you can roll it in glitter

On 8/3/2016 at 0:50 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Speed has improved. Yesterday was tough, the day before that very tough. But slowly I'm getting used to the new site. Rome wasn't built in a day. Stop hanging onto the past and embrace the present. It's improving all the time. Today I posted many times. Found out much more about the new format. The only way to improve is to bash away at the new format. Learning by doing. After a while you will grasp the basics and rhen learn the details. You can do it. Don't let new software get you down.

My problem isn't with the past, it is with the present format.  

Many errors with the new format.  

7 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

My problem isn't with the past, it is with the present format.  

Many errors with the new format.  

what kind of errors are you experiencing ?

Slow for Website and App ? Yes, Because of that the Indexing isn't finished

Can't find your content ? Have a look Under More - Activity Streams - My Activity Streams or click on your User Name (top right and select "My Activity"

35 minutes ago, MJCM said:

what kind of errors are you experiencing ?

Slow for Website and App ? Yes, Because of that the Indexing isn't finished

Can't find your content ? Have a look Under More - Activity Streams - My Activity Streams or click on your User Name (top right and select "My Activity"

Well, on the "New TV Format" thread, I made one quote.  Thereafter, if I clicked the quote button for a different post in that thread or clicked the reply button at the bottom, the New TV Format repeats the first quote I made.  

In the above thread, the post I clicked "quote" the poster was writing about a yellow bar at the top, " However, going to the Yellow bar across the top of the screen, choosing the More / Activity / My Activity Streams /  Content | Posted In seems to do the trick (though that entire section was blank when I tried it earlier in the afternoon. ".    I see no yellow bar, much less any links for or about activity.  

I have been checking different forums.  About half of those open up, then suddenly jumps to the bottom of the page. 

Some of the threads have HTML coding inter spaced in the thread, making it difficult enough to read that I close the thread.  

One thread mentions that the "search box" (or function) in the upper right corner (If I remember correctly ) does not work properly.  I do not see a "search box". 

If I remember correctly, the old format had  these links at the top of the page for , Home, News, Newsletters, Tech, Rent-a-Car, Destinations, Forums, Radio, etc..  Now I have to type "thaivisa.com" into the URL field, to find those links.  

And, the strangest thing about the New TV Format.  A few years ago, (could be 2, 3, or 4) I was recieving Thai Visa news letters at my, radio1@ ....... email address.  Got it there several years.  Then it became intermittent and finally stopped.  My webmail provider pointed the finger at Thai Visa.  Thai Visa support pointed the finger at my Web mail provider.  

I had to create a new email address in gmail.com, so I could continue receiving the Thai Visa newsletters.  Now, with the start of the New TV Format, I have suddenly started to receive the newsletter at my old, radio1@...... email address and at the gmail.com email address.  Strange!!!

Some other quirks that I cannot remember at this time. 

3 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

One thread mentions that the "search box" (or function) in the upper right corner (If I remember correctly ) does not work properly.  I do not see a "search box". 

Check you have JavaScript running as many sites require this to run properly.

Check if you have an AdBlocker preventing some items from showing.

Also try deleting your ThaiVisa cookies, cached images and history. Then restart your browser.

search.PNG

5 minutes ago, kkerry said:

Check you have JavaScript running as many sites require this to run properly.

Check if you have an AdBlocker preventing some items from showing.

Also try deleting your ThaiVisa cookies, cached images and history. Then restart your browser.

search.PNG

OK, did all that.  No search box, opened this thread and the page jumped to the bottom of the page.  I had to scroll back up to see your post. 

I am reading this in chrome, because of the old issue of creating a gmail address so I could continue to receive news letters. 

Thai Visa.jpg

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

Well, on the "New TV Format" thread, I made one quote.  Thereafter, if I clicked the quote button for a different post in that thread or clicked the reply button at the bottom, the New TV Format repeats the first quote I made.  

I get this too and will add a post to the:

...(which is the correct thread to post in) informing @Tech Doctor of the problem.

In fact, all these other feedback threads ought to be closed so that @Tech Doctor need only check one thread for problems.

OK, did all that.  No search box, opened this thread and the page jumped to the bottom of the page.  I had to scroll back up to see your post. 

I am reading this in chrome, because of the old issue of creating a gmail address so I could continue to receive news letters. 

Thai Visa.jpg

What happens if you allow the popup(?) in the right hand side of your address bar?

57a59e4ab00dc_ThaiVisa.jpg.5360e43a2900904f4299f10399c78bdf.jpg