24 hr clock

evadgib

Several recent posts since the upgrade show the time they were posted followed by PM whereas they were seen/known to have been online earlier in the day ie AM. Would it not be less confusing if TV instead used the 24hr clock?

I believe the times given in all posts should be simply the date and the time.

I seem to recall that that is how it was before the upgrade. I'm sure it was different from what it is now.

I don't like "posted 2 hours ago", or "posted yesterday", or "posted Thursday".

Let's just have a consistent style: "Posted 2nd August 2016 at 15:37"

Edit:

And: "Posted just now" ?? Jesus wept.

Edited by JetsetBkk

^ 5555555

But then the Americans will start complaining that they want it to be "Posted August 2nd 2016 at 3:37pm" :D

Edit: Just thinking about it, it would be best of it's depended on the PC Settings of the user (if that's not already the case), but I entirely agree with the "non-sense" of Just now and etc etc.

Edited by MJCM

14 minutes ago, MJCM said:

^ 5555555

But then the Americans will start complaining that they want it to be "Posted August 2nd 2016 at 3:37pm" :D

Edit: Just thinking about it, it would be best of it's depended on the PC Settings of the user (if that's not already the case), but I entirely agree with the "non-sense" of Just now and etc etc.

I really couldn't care less (or, if you are American, "I could care less" default_rolleyes.gif) about which way round the day/month/year is, but I hate the "Thursday" "Yesterday" nonsense.

I note that some really old posts have just "July 6" - no time, no year. I presume you have to assume that it was this year. Further investigation proves this to be the case - last year's posts have the year.

But it's the inconsistency I dislike. My fault for being an ex-software engineer. default_sad.png