Gang rape leaves student dead, 4 men arrested in Bangkok

webfact

Gang rape leaves student dead, 4 men arrested

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

14703633761470363392l.jpg

Bangkok police chief Sanit Mahatavorn on Thursday talks to four men accused of fatally raping a 19-year-old college student in Bangkok. Photo supplied by police investigators.

BANGKOK — Four men were arrested on Thursday and charged with sexually assaulting and killing a 19-year-old student at a hotel in Phayathai district.

Police said the four suspects have confessed to sexually assaulting the victim Wednesday night while she was unconscious. She died of heart failure during the assault, according to police.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/08/05/gang-rape-leaves-student-dead-4-men-arrested/

-- Khaosod English 2016-08-05

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rape has little to do with sex its about power and control over women.

Sadly here it seems that it fits in well with the male mindset

Edited by poohy

Can't fully comment as most of it would be deleted. One can only hope karma seeks them out. As an aside, the obligatory bad treatment of women on Thai television has a lot to answer for. Kids grow up with it and likely think it is normal. I hope they realise soon and replace 90% of the trash that is put out there.

10 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Can't fully comment as most of it would be deleted. One can only hope karma seeks them out. As an aside, the obligatory bad treatment of women on Thai television has a lot to answer for. Kids grow up with it and likely think it is normal. I hope they realise soon and replace 90% of the trash that is put out there.

"...the obligatory bad treatment of women on Thai television has a lot to answer for. Kids grow up with it and likely think it is normal. I hope they realise soon and replace 90% of the trash that is put out there."

Couldn't agree more.

In fact my Thai adult son banned all of these programs in our house several years ago.

He had some initial resistance from his M-I-L who insisted it was a good story. Son told her strongly; 'banned in my house, if you don't like it don't come here.' She fell in line.

His sister in law got caught watching one of these programs in our living room with 4 young girls in the room (my son's two daughters 11 and 6, plus S-I-L own girls same ages). S-I-L tried to insist 'you can't tell me what to do', son threw her out and she's never been back. 

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

An attempted rapist in Phuket has gone free after paying b5k to his victim. Men here seem to think its OK to regard women as objects not people and treat them accordingly- its a disgrace.

Unfortunately it's not just here.

21 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Unfortunately it's not just here.

Never a truer word written, this anti social behaviour whether rape , assault, murder , one punch , knifings , robberies , is happening everywhere , question is why, maybe to much Ice and alcohol.

Its not all about adult women, just a week ago i red about raping a baby of 1.5 years, coz the man wanted sex.

First time ever i ve heard about that and angry about it , however not surprised.

We as "humans" make a strange world and way of living

"While unconscious", "appeared intoxicated", "died of heart failure."    They could all add up to a date rape drug being administered by the rapers/murderers, and a very strong dose at that, if it was what killed her.  Poor unfortunate girl.  Poor grieving family!

"While unconscious", "appeared intoxicated", "died of heart failure."    They could all add up to a date rape drug being administered by the rapers/murderers, and a very strong dose at that, if it was what killed her.  Poor unfortunate girl.  Poor grieving family!

Combining MDMA with Rohypnol can lead to heart failure, coma, and death. Even in healthy young individuals, combined use of these drugs has caused coma and death.
Spiked her drink. Watch yourself when you go out female or male, it could be you next.

Date Rape Drugs: XTC, Rohypnol, Ketamine
Most students forget that alcohol is the number one date rape drug on college campuses. Approximately 97,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault or date rape (Hingson et al., 2005). Although it is important to protect yourself against other date rape drugs, alcohol is by far the most widely used.
[/Quote]
http://mcwell.nd.edu/your-well-being/physical-well-being/drugs/rohypnol-flunitrazepam/

older readers here will remember when cola and soft drinks only came in glass bottles.

Back in the 70's they had a riot in one of the prisons in Kingston.  Stoolies and perverts were each given the same treatment.  Coke bottle up the ass followed by and iron bar.  Then they were taken to a cell to be together in peace.

Seems appropriate here 

I hope the police do drug test of victim's blood to see if she was given date rape drug. In normal countries, if someone commits crime and someone dies incidentally, death is treated as murder. I wonder if that applies here, or will it be "coincidence"?

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

The headline is wrong. She didn't die of being gang raped, she was murdered, pure and simple. They raped her first.

As a murder it will be a 'capital' crime.

But if they have "connections" 

it will be soon glossed over 

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

"...the obligatory bad treatment of women on Thai television has a lot to answer for. Kids grow up with it and likely think it is normal. I hope they realise soon and replace 90% of the trash that is put out there."

Couldn't agree more.

In fact my Thai adult son banned all of these programs in our house several years ago.

He had some initial resistance from his M-I-L who insisted it was a good story. Son told her strongly; 'banned in my house, if you don't like it don't come here.' She fell in line.

His sister in law got caught watching one of these programs in our living room with 4 young girls in the room (my son's two daughters 11 and 6, plus S-I-L own girls same ages). S-I-L tried to insist 'you can't tell me what to do', son threw her out and she's never been back. 

A young Thai man with strong convictions I like that. 

Rapists should be sent for immediate  castration with the letter R firmly printed on forehead, life behind bars making sure that other prisoners know his crime.

No, they should get the same treatment they dished out. Man rapes women, then the women can strapon a cactus and nail the guy back. Justice served!

They have said they were guilty of rape and the girl is dead

Now let a judge give the death penalty to the 4 and carry out the executions

This stops these 4 from committing any more crimes and saves the government money feeding them