Life here is tough...what are your complaints for the week

JJGreen

My gripes for the week:

My Mocha Frappe came with sour tasting milk. I debated approaching the staff but took the practical approach and waited 2 more days before going back there. Sour milk stocks had been sold to other customers and itvwas Mocha Frappe time again

The somtum with egg I ordered came without egg and yet I was still charged the extra 10 baht. I stood up for myself and had the bill corrected.

The girl bought a pack of 3 plastic kitty kat printed wall hooks at the 29 baht shop. They didn't stick and I was forced to buy double sided tape for a further 29 baht. Then the plastic on two hooks snapped off. I bought 2 more steel hooks from the Japanese 60 baht shop and found ai had to heat the glue to stick the hook on the wall. That cost me a further 15 baht for a lighter

It can be challenging here at times but a good venting helps me through

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a bit mad today as my son and I went to Sapan Hin in Phuket town to play some badminton at the building there with 10 badminton courts (which I've never seen full)
When we arrived, the cleaning lady and a man outside, said: "Closed" come back at 4 PM (this was around 10 AM)

We asked why but they wouldn't tell us, just said it was closed. 
We left for 30 minutes to get some food and came back. 
Now the man who said we couldn't go in was inside, playing badminton with 3 others (doubles)
Why would they close the place to kids on weekends? 
What is the building for?  

Who makes these rules? 

10 hours ago, fiddlehead said:

I got a bit mad today as my son and I went to Sapan Hin in Phuket town to play some badminton at the building there with 10 badminton courts (which I've never seen full)
When we arrived, the cleaning lady and a man outside, said: "Closed" come back at 4 PM (this was around 10 AM)

Now the man who said we couldn't go in was inside, playing badminton with 3 others (doubles)

Who makes these rules? 

Not difficult owners or managers private party.

Why did you not go back at 4pm as asked.

OP you are complaining about silly little things.

You are lucky you only have small problems.

This morning i went for the first time into Banphai, on my mobility scooter.

Talk about problems, first problem 1 of the local.b.i.b. asked for my license:whistling:

It is a mobility scooter said, no motorbike he says, here we go tea money time.

At that point my Thai friends wife comes out of their shop, gets involved.

After a few word he gets on his motorbike and leaves.

Next problem, i got on the footpath to go into a shop a....ole parks his pickup behind me, blocking the ramp.

Would he move to let me out no way he refused. I had to wait about 10 minutes while he was in another shop.

So my point is, think yourself lucky you are not disabled as then you would have something to moan about.

8 minutes ago, transam said:

A barbecue stall thingy has opened up on the pavement next to my weight training gym, fills the place with squid flavoured smoke....Not a happy bunny............:(

Leave your helicopter running in the road next to it that'll do the trick. :lol:

To all things everything is relative................

my biggest problem most days is deciding what to eat, my life currently is pretty simple and I hope that I would have the strength to face life as some do in the adversity that they live

3 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Dear JJ, the only way hooks will stay on a wall is if you drill, plug and screw.

Anything with glue will just rip your paint or plaster off in the end.

Dear Abby is right on this one. Respect her advice from love to lug nuts and things in between. 

14 hours ago, fiddlehead said:

Who makes these rules? 

"Who makes these rules? " Seems pretty obvious.  the cleaning lady and a man outside.

Can I have my PI badge now please ?

OP you are complaining about silly little things.

You are lucky you only have small problems.

This morning i went for the first time into Banphai, on my mobility scooter.

Talk about problems, first problem 1 of the local.b.i.b. asked for my license:whistling:

It is a mobility scooter said, no motorbike he says, here we go tea money time.

At that point my Thai friends wife comes out of their shop, gets involved.

After a few word he gets on his motorbike and leaves.

Next problem, i got on the footpath to go into a shop a....ole parks his pickup behind me, blocking the ramp.

Would he move to let me out no way he refused. I had to wait about 10 minutes while he was in another shop.

So my point is, think yourself lucky you are not disabled as then you would have something to moan about.

He refused to move? or he was in another ship?

16 hours ago, smokie36 said:

My week was simply perfect....the scrambled eggs were just as I like them.

and how do you like them? Oh I know, scrambled.

I'm puzzled, you can have eggs, hard or soft boiled, or medium. Same fried, but scrambled????

15 hours ago, fiddlehead said:

Who makes these rules? 

This is Thailand, everyone makes their own.:blink:

Let's see, got up this morning walked the dog, nice.

went to immigration for a cert of residence, 30 mins.

the misses bought some pots for the garden.

had brunch

on to the transport department for bike and car licence 1:30 hrs.

had a laugh with the nice lady there

back home to walk the dog again.

nope no complaints from me

I was at a local restaurant last night and a group of foreign nationals started screaming at the owner in a very  loud voice and the owner screamed back. I felt my blood pressure rising as I wondered if machetes would soon follow and I would be collateral damage in the next amusing foreign crime story in the local expat press.  Happily, the angry group just walked out. 

While the  loud screaming was happening, I spied a large roach on the adjacent chair. I gingerly moved the chair away but the roach still approached towards my direction.

I rushed up to pay and there was a roach on the counter. I tapped the counter to get the roach to scoot and mentioned the place had "too many roaches" .... which was silly to mention as surely they  can see for themselves.

Which begs the question, what's the difference between roaches in a restaurant and "too many" roaches?

Also when walking from my condo a large RAT starting running directly towards me.  My instinct was to JUMP so that it didn't hit me. Then I wondered would the RAT really have hit me? It was running, sure,  but what's the rat attract of bumping into a random human in cargo shorts?  Didn't JUMPING risk quite a messy RAT incident where I may have accidentally landed on the RAT causing injury and making her very, very angry?!?

Yes, life is hard here.

I've definitely got war stories like this, like every week at least.

Congrats to the OP for a most excellent thread concept idea! 

Edited by Jingthing

I was at a local restaurant last night and a group of foreign nationals started screaming at the owner in a very  loud voice and the owner screamed back. I felt my blood pressure rising as I wondered if machetes would soon follow and I would be collateral damage in the next amusing foreign crime story in the local expat press.  Happily, the angry group just walked out. 

While the  loud screaming was happening, I spied a large roach on the adjacent chair. I gingerly moved the chair away but the roach still approached towards my direction.

I rushed up to pay and there was a roach on the counter. I tapped the counter to get the roach to scoot and mentioned the place had "too many roaches" .... which was silly to mention as surely they  can see for themselves.

Which begs the question, what's the difference between roaches in a restaurant and "too many" roaches?

Also when walking from my condo a large RAT starting running directly towards me.  My instinct was to JUMP so that it didn't hit me. Then I wondered would the RAT really have hit me? It was running, sure,  but what's the rat attract of bumping into a random human in cargo shorts?  Didn't JUMPING risk quite a messy RAT incident where I may have accidentally landed on the RAT causing injury and making her very, very angry?!?

Yes, life is hard here.

I've definitely got war stories like this, like every week at least.

Congrats to the OP for a most excellent thread concept idea! 

Most interesting.

Was the screaming roach related?

Toyota offered me 650k for my truck so I stored that info., today I saw a brilliant deal on a fully loaded Wildtrack 4x4 and asked how much for my truck, they replied 450k, I went from a 1 to a 10 and back to a 1 again over the space of three hours.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

and how do you like them? Oh I know, scrambled.

I'm puzzled, you can have eggs, hard or soft boiled, or medium. Same fried, but scrambled????

The correct way to scramble eggs is to heat them gently in a pan while stirring. No added fat.

Very hard to find a place that will do that correctly. A variation is to add a splash of milk.

Most Thai places just stir fry the eggs in a bit of oil .......... that's just nasty.

next door neighbor died on friday and i have had to endure 3 days of loud music starting at 5am daily. back to rural piece and quiet tomorrow.

just realized i have done over 1000 posts. was going to do something special for number 1000. now the moment is lost f#cking thailand.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

Problems this past week? 

Heckuva time finding a good Thai massage. Have tried HealthLand and King & I and various small shops but haven't found a decent massuese this time around since my old one has retuened to her village.

My grandson is arriving tomorrow and he is big at 2-meters and 100+ kilo. He lifts weights all the time and needs a massuese that combines Thai methods with a Western type understanding of physiology.

I wish to complain about this complaints thread. All complaints in one place, whatever next. Complaints about life ETC in Thailand

should be spread about all over the forum. Just what is the World coming to!!!

I am going to write to my MP, just as soon as I finish complaining about the forums complaints thread. :w00t:

The compliant Page about Thailand.............. how cute is that.......:wub:

Maybe we should have started a page about--- whatever made you leave your own country & come here to live, love & spend the rest of your retirement writing  letters of complaint about it........

“If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.”  Regina Brett

next door neighbor died on friday and i have had to endure 3 days of loud music starting at 5am daily. back to rural piece and quiet tomorrow.

just realized i have done over 1000 posts. was going to do something special for number 1000. now the moment is lost f#cking thailand.....Williangeorgeallen

How absolutely apathetic & unthinking of him to drop dead & ruing nearly 3 days of your peace & quite........but that is the thing about Thais.....they just have no consideration of others when these minor things happen to their husbands or fathers.......... who do they think they are ? Anyway I hope your OK now William & managed to get over it.

Edited by oxo1947