Life here is tough...what are your complaints for the week

JJGreen

My moan for this week, how about some cooling! I am not living in some remote village i am in the centre of touristy Chiang Mai. Thais must know that their country is pretty hot, they must know tourists are not used to the heat, they must know that sometimes tourists and Westerners like to take some exercise and walk a bit, they must want customers in their coffee shops and restaurants.

i went to try a new coffee shop today and meet some friends there, it is a hot day in CM. I get on my bicycle and travel 4km to try the place. Place looks nice but is empty, there is no breeze and just one small solitary fan in what is quite a large area. I am obviously hot and sweaty after the cycle ride and i order coffee. Only one member of the 4 staff is working and guess where the fan is trained, obviously on the 3 motionless staff only exercise moving fingers up and down on smartphone !  I never stopped sweating but i was happy the staff were cool.

I really feel for those workers... a hot hot day and only one fan between four of them

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loud music...

Difficult to avoid here.

Last week I went to an area with a cluster of a thai style pubs...really shipping containers with chairs and tables
Every place had music blasting...battling with its neighbour for max decibels.

We kept walking...and away from the pack were a few bars, one that had its Thai music volume turned down low and looked okay for a chat and drink.
Drinks ordered and first sip taken and looking forward to catching up with my friend..being able to hear the conversation between the two of us.

I hoped for too much...the bar steward, eager to please, changed to an English grunge rock CD (.Nirvana...pearl jam) and cranked the volume up loud...so loud we Had to change tables

This weeks complaint is against the type of Western guy who after 1 or 2 encounters takes a bar girl as his own treasured girlfriend. To get to and from my Apartment i have to bypass the red light area and i am known (not necessarily intimately) by many of the girls who will normally wave, call out my name or even jump on me as i walk past. Then on occasions i will see the same girls with a guy giving you that knowing look, (don't look at me, don't talk to me and definitely don't hug me). Yep they know that particular guy, sat with his hand on their knee, wants to fight anyone who dares even show recognition for his new found bar girl 'girlfriend'. How ridiculous but is happens a lot.

Edited by rogeroc

• 1 month later...

Here's a new one.

Where are all the complaints?

Get with program, mateys ...

You've been SLACKING and it's just not right. 

Anyway, this may be more of a Pattaya type thing, but it steams my nuts when I'm just innocently walking down the road  (with purpose, no dilly dallying for me) and bar / massage shop girls (always the girls:post-4641-1156694606:) aggressively approach me and tweak my nipples. (Through my shirt of course.)

What's up with that? 

It's no fun being treated like just another piece of meat. I've got FEELINGS.

Edited by Jingthing

too many worries and concerns that keep me awake every night:

- will the pigeon have occupied my balcony again when I wake up

- will the coffee for breakfast be strong enough

- will the rain start again before the clothes get dry on my balcony

- will the Gecko fall from the ceiling onto my bed at night and scare me to death

- will my Swiss neighbor refuse to close his door again when starting to listen to his Yodeling music at 7 am

- will will will......

yes you see it is pure hardship for me and most of us

how we managed to survive under these circumstances is beyond me  -_-

On 8/8/2016 at 1:56 AM, fiddlehead said:

I got a bit mad today as my son and I went to Sapan Hin in Phuket town to play some badminton at the building there with 10 badminton courts (which I've never seen full)
When we arrived, the cleaning lady and a man outside, said: "Closed" come back at 4 PM (this was around 10 AM)

We asked why but they wouldn't tell us, just said it was closed. 
We left for 30 minutes to get some food and came back. 
Now the man who said we couldn't go in was inside, playing badminton with 3 others (doubles)
Why would they close the place to kids on weekends? 
What is the building for?  

Who makes these rules? 

This is Thailand.

On 8/8/2016 at 0:28 PM, JJGreen said:

Could they try some pork maybe?

How do you know Trans does not live in the south of Thailand?

On 8/8/2016 at 0:25 PM, transam said:

A barbecue stall thingy has opened up on the pavement next to my weight training gym, fills the place with squid flavoured smoke....Not a happy bunny............:(

On 8/8/2016 at 0:25 PM, transam said:

A barbecue stall thingy has opened up on the pavement next to my weight training gym, fills the place with squid flavoured smoke....Not a happy bunny............:(

Why did you not go out and start singing Trans? That would soon sort the problem out.:guitar::cheesy:

I always feel I'm getting shortchanged on the yoghurt tubs, they only half, well maybe 60% fill them. You peel off that foil top and say, what the hell! It doesn't matter what brand, they all seem to do it.

Edited by giddyup

11 hours ago, giddyup said:

, they only half, well maybe 60% fill them. You peel off that foil top and say, what the hell! It doesn't matter what brand, they all seem to do it.

This is not America where everything is big 555.

You order a lunch here and you'll get maybe 30% of the food on a normal plate in the US size XXL .

Got internet put on, neighbours asked if they could share, I said no.  MIL decided she is allergic to wifi so great!  Move to a new house and leave her behind.

First thing the new neighbour does is come over and ask if she can share our wifi.. 

I always feel I'm getting shortchanged on the yoghurt tubs, they only half, well maybe 60% fill them. You peel off that foil top and say, what the hell! It doesn't matter what brand, they all seem to do it.

Sold by weight. Oversize container looks bigger to buy.

My complaint of the week is finding the cost of flying BKK/CNX has increased from 1,600 to 3,990, just because the flight was busy! A bummer to learn about after stepping off an 11 hour long haul and just wanting to get home.

I called into a brand new Service Station,space age looking place,I cold buy Burgers ,Chicken,Sugary Drinks ,but E85 Petrol ?.Nah ,we got some old Hi Octane we never sell,said the Young Man,you must be the50th person who asked this morning Rather makes one wonder about Bosses here when the Pump Guy has more brains

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect