Naked "Gik" ejected from Bangkok condo goes after wife for filming her distress

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw this story a few days ago from my gf.  That girl 'A' is one of the girls that you can see on WeChat "promoting her massage services" except she is quality.  A solid 9 in my opinion, worth taking a look.

Ahh, sorry this one is blurred out.  Worth finding the original if you can.

Edited by diddygq

We seem to have fallen into nit picking over terms and definitions and Thai laws and the difference etc. etc. The list of names for people who supply sex for money is endless and generally gets covers by the general term prostitute.  The oldest profession in the world (or so they say) and as far as I can see totally acceptable if all parties are in agreement. 

It then depends on whether going with someone purely for sex is seen as being unfaithful to your wife/husband/girlfriend or boyfriend.  Or at least from their point of view.  Certainly in some cultures it would be seen that way where as in other cultures it would be more acceptable.  When I first lived with my Thai wife (then just my girlfriend) she found what she thought was lipstick in my suitcase after I returned from a business trip.  It was in fact lip balm that came with the complimentary wash bag from the airline.  After ranting and raving for a while she said that she understood that men needed to have a Gik and that she would accept it.  After time she realised that the lip balm was just that and I didn't have a Gik hidden away.  As the years have gone by she has become far too westernised and these days if she thought I had a Gik she would cut my balls off.

4 hours ago, digibum said:

Why?  Because she lost face?  Boo hoo.  

I think a not insignificant number of people who caught their significant other in bed with someone else would kick them to the curb same as this girl did.  

Now, we can debate all day long as to whether or not she should have been mad at her husband but she's well within her rights to kick a half-naked prostitute out the door.  

But because in Thailand face means more than common sense, we're supposed to feel bad the wife allowed the video to be posted?  

For me, this 'gik' or whatever she may be called is still innocent and can claim damages in term of legal precedence once she could establish that she was legally invited by the supposedly owner or occupant of that condo on a mutual grounds. Without prejudice, the woman can get compensation from this family...no matter what the TV Chief justices here may think.

Since prostitutes can have the right to sue their pimps for emotional, physical and psychological damages in civil court, like in the states of Florida (1993), Minnesota (1994) and Hawaii (1999), as well as the federal government.

1 hour ago, digibum said:

Actually it's a word with a dictionary definition.  If Thailand wants to create a new crime that involves causing embarrassment then use a new word.  

And I think you have it wrong.  I don't think it's right to punish a prostitute.  I think it's normal for people to blow a fuse when they catch a spouse cheating on them.  People still get killed for that kind of stuff.  But posting a video of you tossing a prostitute out of your home?   Come on. Utter Thai BS.  Oh, she lost face.  You think the wife didn't lose face?   

Then in counter suit, the wife should sue the husband. She may prove the right to film her husband committing adultery, but lacks merit to nail only the prostitute in the media. Besides, this gik may not have been paid for her services yet. 

3 hours ago, MikeTexas said:

Couldn't help but notice that the wife wasn't so upset that she forgot to video everything.

Almost like the wife knew what was up. Perhaps the wife suspected the husband was a sideline user. On the other hand, what did the wife tell the husband that would make him think 3AM was a good time to call over a computer friend?

2 hours ago, Timebandit said:

Defamation is the statement of false things about a person. I think the video eliminates that.

I didn't see any money exchange hands on that video, no used condoms, lipstick stains. Looked like a poor little girl being banged around by a bully female.

6 hours ago, digibum said:

Well, first off, the Thai legal system should learn the definition of the word "defame" which is damage the good reputation of (someone); slander or libel.

The girl is a prostitute.  Nobody damaged her good name.  She got caught being a prostitute.  

This is why this country is so backwards.  Only in Thailand can you get video of someone doing something wrong or illegal and have them sue you for defamation.  

How many politicians, police, etc pull this stunt whenever they got caught red handed and called out for their actions.  It is less of a crime to be a corrupt politician than it is to cause a corrupt politician to lose face.  Oh, the horror.  

I think you way off with this comment my friend. Firstly it doesn't say she was a prostitute but even if she is she has every right to protect herself from her naked body being publicly displayed on social media network. This is very humiliating and I can imagine every women would be deeply upset by this.

What she was doing there and the circumstances around that may be contributing factor for the posting of this video but they are different considerations. When the wife circulated this to her friend and then it was posted online all bets are off. She may have been wronged but what she has done is illegal.

It is a sad state of affairs, the wife is probably very hurt by all of this and wanted some revenge but now she is not only going to have to deal with the pain of her cheating husband she will also have to deal with the legal implications of her actions.

No winners here, everyone loses, hope they agree something to resolve it quickly.

2 hours ago, digibum said:

Actually it's a word with a dictionary definition.  If Thailand wants to create a new crime that involves causing embarrassment then use a new word.  

And I think you have it wrong.  I don't think it's right to punish a prostitute.  I think it's normal for people to blow a fuse when they catch a spouse cheating on them.  People still get killed for that kind of stuff.  But posting a video of you tossing a prostitute out of your home?   Come on. Utter Thai BS.  Oh, she lost face.  You think the wife didn't lose face?   

Actually they did use a new word, <deleted>, it just gets translated most frequently into English as defamation but also as denigration, both being a crime in Thailand.

yes, it is normal for people to be very angry in these situations, but publicly humiliating someone is not actually acceptable, regardless of the fact that the same situation may turn other's into murderers, and obviously the wife's friend posting the video on social media is not excused at all by the wife's rage, in my opinion it is her who is more guilty than the wife, not that filming her naked is not also a serious matter.  obviously all of her anger should of been directed at her cheating husband and none at all at the woman he paid who may of not even been aware that the man was married, she reacted badly, which can be partly excused by rage, but to carry that on later, pass on the film and for that to find its way into the Internet is inexcusable, rage only lasts minutes, after that we start to reason, and she was unreasonable.

Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is the English language part of the forum, if you wish to post using Thai language, you can do so in the Thai language forum.

While the wife certainly has a right to be upset- she takes it  step too far- when she allows the clip to be sent to someone else who then posts it for the World to see. The sideline girl has a case but I would guess the police will 'settle; the case for an amount of  money to make everyone happy except the wife.  She should have told the girl to get dressed and then leave- no pictures and settled the issue with her husband. Indeed, he called the girl to the condo and offered to pay her for her time. She'll be getting a larger fee then she expected.

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

That condo will probably belong to the gik in a very short amount of time.  Defamation is a huge deal here.

Being a condo, which could be owned by a fallang, one has to wonder, could the wife be in on it with the gik, e.g. gik sues for damages, just a thought

7 hours ago, digibum said:

Explain how she was defamed.  

She got caught banging some other woman's husband and the video of her being thrown out is posted online.  

Defamation, which is what she's claimed, in most sane countries, requires the accuser to demonstrate that the alleged defamatory words, photos, video, etc be untrue.  

Could her reputation be damaged?  Perhaps but in most countries that's not a crime.  That's like saying that if I have a CCTV in my business and I catch you stealing from my business, posting that video would make you the victim because your reputation was damaged.  You did it.  You have no defamation case because it's true.  But in Thailand you can claim that you lost face and suddenly you become a victim.  

Believe me, the only reason the law works this way in Thailand is to protect corrupt politicians, cops, and government officials.  

Posting a video like that without consent of the girl would be punishable in most European countries no matter what her line of work or previous reputation is. 

Even posting a cctv video of someone stealing from your shop is against the law if it is possible to identify the person in the clip. Any such things can only be published by the police if they think it's necessary in order to catch someone. 

What you personally think is right or wrong don't have anything to do with what is the law. 

Maybe educate yourself before you make a comment? 

8 hours ago, digibum said:

Well, first off, the Thai legal system should learn the definition of the word "defame" which is damage the good reputation of (someone); slander or libel.

The girl is a prostitute.  Nobody damaged her good name.  She got caught being a prostitute.  

This is why this country is so backwards.  Only in Thailand can you get video of someone doing something wrong or illegal and have them sue you for defamation.  

How many politicians, police, etc pull this stunt whenever they got caught red handed and called out for their actions.  It is less of a crime to be a corrupt politician than it is to cause a corrupt politician to lose face.  Oh, the horror.  

Only in Thailand...are you kidding mate. This sort of legal action happens daily in the US and elsewhere.  She obviously wasn't a Prostitute...where did she put the money???

6 hours ago, MikeTexas said:

Couldn't help but notice that the wife wasn't so upset that she forgot to video everything.

You mean she forgot to throw hubby out with his one night sex toy, poor thing was just trying to make a crust and probably had no idea he was married ?

4 hours ago, RisingSun said:

For me, this 'gik' or whatever she may be called is still innocent and can claim damages in term of legal precedence once she could establish that she was legally invited by the supposedly owner or occupant of that condo on a mutual grounds. Without prejudice, the woman can get compensation from this family...no matter what the TV Chief justices here may think.

Since prostitutes can have the right to sue their pimps for emotional, physical and psychological damages in civil court, like in the states of Florida (1993), Minnesota (1994) and Hawaii (1999), as well as the federal government.

Look who is trying to act like a TV Chief Justice.  Such fancy words. . . without prejudice.  LOL

1)  She this did not happen in the US to US case law has zero meaning

2)  Nobody is her pimp in this story so the cases you cite are nothing more than you wasted electrons that have nothing to do with the topic being discussed   

3)  It seems pretty well established that the condo belonged to the wife/gf (despite the guy seeming to have purchased it on her behalf).  I highly doubt she was invited in by the wife/gf.

4)  Whether the girl was invited by the guy or not, the owner or primary resident of the property would have full right to demand that someone leave the property.  If you invite a friend over and they become drunk and destructive, you have every right to demand that they leave and they would be guilty of trespassing if they did not leave.  

1 hour ago, sanukma said:

Posting a video like that without consent of the girl would be punishable in most European countries no matter what her line of work or previous reputation is. 

Even posting a cctv video of someone stealing from your shop is against the law if it is possible to identify the person in the clip. Any such things can only be published by the police if they think it's necessary in order to catch someone. 

What you personally think is right or wrong don't have anything to do with what is the law. 

Maybe educate yourself before you make a comment? 

Actually the laws are applied very differently across various EU countries mainly centering around whether or not your privacy has been invaded.  Some countries draw the line at identification.  So, if I photograph you but don't list your name or any other information about you, some courts would rule that your privacy has not been invaded.  Other EU countries would rule the other way.  Not cut and dry, I'm afraid.  

It appears the 'wife' knows well how the game is played and she let her temper get the best of her. The 'husband' appears to have enough money to buy condos and take care of his wife and also order up a playmate. When you play -you always pay.  Get out the checkbook dude or be prepared for a bigger headache than you got now. Sideline gitls don't stay  on the dideline when owed money and treated badly.

4 hours ago, RisingSun said:

Then in counter suit, the wife should sue the husband. She may prove the right to film her husband committing adultery, but lacks merit to nail only the prostitute in the media. Besides, this gik may not have been paid for her services yet. 

'Not being paid is his problem, not the wife's.  

10 hours ago, Chapelroad said:

'Suffered loss of face and reputation'

She is a <deleted> prostitute for God's sake !

So what.  You think you or your wife or your sister would be so hesitant to sell themselves if financially strapped and seeing few other options.  Get off your <deleted> high horse you arrogant prig. And the same to the others who like the post.  I have a far higher regard for most prostitutes I've met in Thailand than for most of the western foreigners I've met who live in-country over the last 35 years.

It is not "She is a <deleted> prostitute for God's sake" but rather "There but for the grace of God, go thee".