Seventh Heaven avoided at 7-11 - but granddad should really use the door!

webfact

Seventh Heaven avoided at 7-11 - but granddad should really use the door!

p4a.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- An octogenarian driver ended up in a 7-11 last night - the problem was he had driven his car straight in through the window.

Granddad claimed that the accelerator got stuck as he ploughed his Honda Civic into the convenience store at the end of Soi 14 Nak Kila Laem Thong, Bangkok, late last night, reported Thairath.

Fortunately neither he nor two employees standing just apart were hurt though considerable damage was done.

Neramit Thongsalap, 80, told Prawet police that he was out buying some eye drops for his daughter and had parked next to the store. 

After making his purchase he turned in the direction of Krung Thep Kritha but the accelerator got stuck and he went up the footpath into the 7-11 store through a side window bang into a fridge.

Police took the car in to the station to check Neramit's claim that it was faulty. They are also studying CCTV and talking to him again about the incident while an assessment of the value of damages is calculated.

Seventh heaven is the most exalted level of heaven in some religions. The Civic's number plate was 4077 if anyone fancies a punt on the lottery.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-10

if you go through accident statistics of the 75+ drivers you will find the 'stuck accelerator' as the most predominant 'cause'.

i have personally repaired at least 15 garage wall or boundary fence intrusions over the last 10 years caused by geriatrics who could not even walk un - assisted but insisted on driving their cars.

hope i won't be one of them, soon...

Tend to agree, these days vehicles are very unlikely to be the root of the problem, in the 80's I was a Motor Vehicle Examiner  with the HK police, it was my job to inspect accident vehicles then say my findings in court. It was anazing  the number of times the drivers told the courts that the throttle jammed or the brakes failed, which were not true according to my reports.

perhaps the best two defenses I heard in court was "I hit the other vehicle because the central reservation moved causing me to swerve so as not to hit it, but unfortunately another vehicle was in my path so I hit that's instead. But the gold winner was a HK Tram driver who although being innocent, being rammed by a delivery LORRY said to the court "that he swerved to try to avoid an accident " think about it !