BREAKING: Hua Hin rocked by TWO MORE bomb explosions

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

The mind boggles with possibilities.  The Big Pumpkin has only just used the words ''There will only be an election in 2017 if Thailand stays peaceful ''.   So who's interest is it in if it doesn't stay peaceful ?   I think we know the answer.

I think it is just as big of stretch to blame it on the military as it is to blame "the reds"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartbreaking this happening at all, but right now (today) and where it is. One would hope there is a resolution and it doesn't turn out to be ongoing and nationwide, but with the way things are going politically, that's probably wishful thinking. Be safe folks.

And to those trolling and making light of this, please go and play somewhere else!

7 minutes ago, Nicolas32 said:

Thailand terror attack: Series of blast hit Bangkok, hours after 2 explosions; 4 dead, over 20 injured

The role of regional extremist outfit Pattani Islamic Mujahideen Movement, is suspected behind the attack.

http://www.india.com/news/world/thailand-terror-attack-series-of-blast-hit-bangkok-hours-after-2-explosions-4-dead-over-20-injured-1402186/

Well....I kind of expected you did have sources and links.  

Some members don't do their homework..but you did.

Prepare for more enforcement of Martial Law.

Tourists will see shorter hours of operation for nightclubs and such....and more armed soldiers in green trucks.

I would expect some travel warnings as well.

No links....just logic.

Edited by slipperylobster

20 minutes ago, Nicolas32 said:

Meanwhile Pattani Islamic Mujahideen Movement, is suspected behind the attacks.

Suspected by whom?  One can rest assured that should any Islamic organisation have been behind these explosions it would have been far, far worse.  This is very much an amateur event and most likely one aimed at disrupting a prime source of revenue for the administration, tourism.  

24 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

As a long-term resident, and to the best of my knowledge, the "Deep-South"-related violence has thusfar always been confined to the four southernmost "restive" provinces.

Also, is Hua Hin what would really be termed as the South?

I think this is more likely to be colour-coded.

They have never confirmed that any other incidents outside of the three disputed provinces were carried out by the separatists, as I doubt these latest incidents will ever be, but there have been several which certainly could be said to point to those groups, such as the 2006 bombings of Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket and the bombing of the mall on Koh Samui.  Of course the tourist industry is dependent upon these incidents not being labled as Islamic terrorism and they so far have all been played down and all theories connected the, to the south have been dismissed despite them being trademark attacks of those groups using techniques and technology they are known to use and have.

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

They have never confirmed that any other incidents outside of the three disputed provinces were carried out by the separatists, as I doubt these latest incidents will ever be, but there have been several which certainly could be said to point to those groups, such as the 2006 bombings of Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket and the bombing of the mall on Koh Samui.  Of course the tourist industry is dependent upon these incidents not being labled as Islamic terrorism and they so far have all been played down and all theories connected the, to the south have been dismissed despite them being trademark attacks of those groups using techniques and technology they are known to use and have.

Good points.

It's so difficult to know what to believe here, even from the "official sources".

6 minutes ago, xineohp said:

Suspected by whom?  One can rest assured that should any Islamic organisation have been behind these explosions it would have been far, far worse.  This is very much an amateur event and most likely one aimed at disrupting a prime source of revenue for the administration, tourism.  

Rebels want govt to make solving unrest in South a national priority

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Rebels-want-govt-to-make-solving-unrest-in-South-a-30267629.html

1 hour ago, tx22cb said:

All these bombs are taking place in the South for some reason .....

Unlikely to be due to personal conflict.

Authorities have no clue and are not able to prevent repeats.

I would avoid Hua Hin for now.  And be careful wherever you are in Thailand - it could spread.

This is the test run for Bangkok

33 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

Its very much the stronghold of the Democrat Party and Hua Hin too.

Could it be politics? Absolute possible 

1 hour ago, hEaDy said:

It's simply an observation that it seems as though not everyone is happy with the current situation...

I think more likely that it is the other lot who are not happy with their current situation, those in the south who want their historic sultanate back.  The army have just publicly withdrawn troops from the south and declared a large reduction in violence, I guess they just got shown up.

27 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

I think more likely that it is the other lot who are not happy with their current situation, those in the south who want their historic sultanate back.  The army have just publicly withdrawn troops from the south and declared a large reduction in violence, I guess they just got shown up.

Stronghold of the democrats? Where did you get this idea?

Edited by keskeseksa
spelling mistakes

4 minutes ago, keskeseksa said:

Yeah sure they masterminded this behind bars

I guess you haven't been following Thai politics for long? or maybe believe everything you read in the newspapers.

BTW, I didn't say those convicted of the crime.

Edited by Johnniey

7 minutes ago, keskeseksa said:

Easy to figure out.  Who benefits from the bombings, 5 days after the referendum, and on HM the Queen's birthday?

Several groups, both main political parties spoke against the constitution as well as all the separatist groups in the south.  There actually is more going on than the referendum, the army just pulled out the vast majority of their troops from the south, practically declaring a victory.

6 minutes ago, keskeseksa said:

Easy to figure out.  Who benefits from the bombings, 5 days after the referendum, and on HM the Queen's birthday?

Well, so far I have Saudi, southerners, the reds, disgruntled military faction(s), the government itself, mafia syndicates...

Look, we simply don't know. It's frustrating but there we have it.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Horrible and distressing news.

Get ready trolls,    sharpen your claws and crawl out from under the bridge because I have to say let's have a professional approach to this starting with no stupid remarks about protecting tourism and the country's image and let's see those really responsible brought to justice  not just the situation used to suit needs.

You post on this forum is hilarious :lol:

9 minutes ago, saminoz said:
2 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Several groups, both main political parties spoke against the constitution as well as all the separatist groups in the south.  There actually is more going on than the referendum, the army just pulled out the vast majority of their troops from the south, practically declaring a victory.

And some of   separatist groups  are not happy with the talks right now and totally disagree and could be one of the other groups in the   separatist groups .. 

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Sounds like a good day to stay at home and play with dogs and watch Mrs Poohy gardening and let whoever it is get it out of their system

Same for me - except in my case Mrs Pooey.