New York Muslims accuse Trump for stoking Islamophobia over imam’s death

webfact

New York Muslims accuse Trump for stoking Islamophobia over imam’s death

606x341_341261.jpg

NEW YORK: -- Residents of Queens in New York gathered at the mosque where just hours earlier an imam and his assistant were shot dead.

Members of the American-Muslim community are calling for a ‘hate crime’ investigation with some blaming prominent politicians for stoking Islamophobia.

“For those in leadership like Mr. Trump and Mr. Giuliani and other members of institutions that project Islam and Muslims as the enemy this is the end result of their wickedness,” said one man at the gathering outside the mosque in Ozone Park.

“You need not be a Muslim, you need not be a person of any faith, you just need to be a person of conscience. Imagine your father gunned down for no reason, then let that feeling, that motivate you, to come out of your silence and I especially say this to those with influence within the community and beyond. Every single one of us has a responsibility,” said Afaf Nasher, Executive Director of the Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) New York.

Police say so far there is no evidence the pair were targeted because of their faith.

Crimes against Muslims saw a sharp spike following terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernadino late 2015, while Trump called for Muslims to be banned from entering the US.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-15

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Familyaffairs said:

Yes, imagine that....it must come as a shock when it finally happens to one of them....

And seen the general mood about followers of the "religion of peace, their murdering antics and the silence within their own circles, I am afraid there is more to follow, worldwide.

yes the islamophobia has got nothing to do with the countless beheadings, bombings, gun attacks and general mass murder committed by Muslims almost everyday. Apparently dying a gruesome death doesn't scare people, but Trump does scare people! 

Stupid thinking like this is proving why Bangladesh is one of the most f'd up places on the planet and why they will always be dirt. Pathetic losers. Why import more of these intolerant 3rd world people into America when it already has enough?

my guess is he was killed by another muslim

Edited by Time Traveller

Yet there is nothing, nada, zilch regarding Obama pandering to and stoking grievances for Blacklivesmatter resulting in the murder of several police officers.

p.s There is a very good chance of this storm in a teacup backfiring should it turn out an Islamist extremist murdered the Imam for some reason.

Well the Islamists have been doing this for years. Islamophobia arises from people seeing what atrocities Muslims are doing in the world. Then if a public person passes comment they come out and scream Islamophobia, the PC mobs then get behind that.

However to be honest the Islamists have just copied the Jews techniques of screaming Anti-Semite if anyone dares to criticize. These days free speech is disappearing as any critique is attacked as some form as racism. Admittedly there can be a fine line but...

12 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

Yet there is nothing, nada, zilch regarding Obama pandering to and stoking grievances for Blacklivesmatter resulting in the murder of several police officers.

p.s There is a very good chance of this storm in a teacup backfiring should it turn out an Islamist extremist murdered the Imam for some reason.

This happened in Glasgow recently. The chap that was killed was a lovely guy too, very well liked by everyone in the local community. he posted on facebook something along the lines of, "I wish all my Christian friends a very Happy Christmas" A muslim extremist drove up from Birmingham (i think) and murdered him for posting that.

45 minutes ago, Franky Bear said:

This happened in Glasgow recently. The chap that was killed was a lovely guy too, very well liked by everyone in the local community. he posted on facebook something along the lines of, "I wish all my Christian friends a very Happy Christmas" A muslim extremist drove up from Birmingham (i think) and murdered him for posting that.

Interesting that the murderer has been arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment already. Some Justice Systems work expediently when required.

The only aggressive hostile religion I encountered in and around the English Midlands - West and East was Islam. Many immigrants, first, and second generation Muslims from Pakistan and Bangladesh origin seem to be the most aggressive in insisting they can do as the see fit in accordance with Islam; can impose Sharia law in areas where they dominate; create an unpleasant and threatening attitude to non Muslims around Mosques, especially on Fridays; and treat non Muslim females with contempt and whores.

They will bring there own rivalries and factions with them and expect to resolve them as their relations do back home. 

The UK fails to police Muslim areas correctly, adopting a policy of tolerance and PC "see the big picture" mentality. You cannot have a two or multi tiered police system where some are treated specially because of their religion. Policing must be uniform to all. I hope the US doesn't make the same mistake. 

Interesting that they come out and start voicing concerns now!   Its a shame they they can't do it when a Kafir gets killed or maimed.  If they did they might get more respect

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

What the……..

Blaming trump already….?!!!!

What a crock!

The Orlando killer is currently standing trial for the murder of 48 people, he is citing Islamic scripture to justify murdering homosexuals, yet the press and even (double face palm) some gays tried to blame it on the Republicans.

They're jumping the gun blaming trump and/or Islamophobia for this incident.

As far as Orlando, that terrorist was killed on the night of the incident. So he's not on trial. The FBI conclusion about that is it was motivated by a somewhat odd MIXTURE of Jihadist inspired terrorism and probably internalized homophobia (influenced by his harsh ultra religious father). The FBI reports NO EVIDENCE that he was sexually active with men (contrary to popular belief). 

Gays don't blame republicans for that terror event but many gay activists do blame right wing mostly republican people for anti-gay rhetoric that is  sometimes almost as bad as some Islamic anti-gay rhetoric. Not for the specific Orlando incident of course.

There is of course a long history of violence against gay people in the USA and the USA being a mostly at least culturally Christian nation, when the violence motivation has been influenced by religion, the religion of influence is naturally Christian. 

Edited by Jingthing

11 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

The Orlando killer is currently standing trial for the murder of 48 people, he is citing Islamic scripture to justify murdering homosexuals, yet the press and even (double face palm) some gays tried to blame it on the Republicans.

A real challenge to stand trail when you're dead! Out of curiosity where did you dig up this bit of nonsense?

There is nothing to indicate that this killing was anything but a murder at this point. Nothing to indicate motivation. Blaming Trump is ridiculous.

The seeming satisfaction with the murder is pretty disgusting.

4 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

why they will always be dirt. Pathetic losers.

I'm somewhat surprised your comment has not been removed under Rule 11. However, I'm curious if you include a Bangladeshi Congresswoman and other prominent and successful Bangladeshis in the US in your all inclusive highly bigoted comments. Also you're obviously unaware of some world renowned Bangladeshis contribution to literature and music.

Bangladeshis are increasingly being murdered in their home country for speaking out against Islamists, brave people worthy of respect, the very opposite of your spiteful anonymous post.

While part of what they say is true, the real issue lies with the perception that the moderate Muslims are doing little to combat the extremists. They do not appear to be volunteering to go fight the hooligans, they do not appear to be taking to the streets to denounce the extremists murderers, they do not appear to be speaking out in any meaningful manner. That is what the average moderate, hard working, non-racist, middle of the road American, European, Aussie, Kiwi, etc., is seeing. More needs to be done. Of course there is anger out there. If they do not step up their campaign against those amongst them who are attempting to hijack their faith, this will only be the beginning. Eventually, there is a possibility that it could extend to all Muslims, everywhere. We are at a tipping point. They just to not acknowledge, nor do they see that. 

Every single one of us has a responsibility,” said Afaf Nasher, Executive Director of the Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) New York. Yes, but what this ignorant nitwit does not seem to comprehend, is that their real responsibility is to denounce their own extremists, and make it be known they do not sympathize, support, or condone what is being done in the name of their faith. They are quick to take to the streets to denounce this murder. I think this cowardly act of killing the Imam was bad news. But, alot more of it is going to start happening if they do not take some responsibility for the worldwide terror. 

Where are they when women and children are killed by powerful bombs and attacks all over the world committed by members of their own faith? That is the question we all want to hear answered. 

Edited by spidermike007

Islamophobia eh? Just this week, two wealthy muslims were deported from the US (Texas) for keeping slaves. Their defence 'Islamophobia' - 'The prophet kept slaves, therefore slavekeeping is part of Islam and you are Islamophobic'. They were ordered to pay $60,000 to their slaves in compensation before they were thankfully sent home.

46 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

While part of what they say is true, the real issue lies with the perception that the moderate Muslims are doing little to combat the extremists. They do not appear to be volunteering to go fight the hooligans, they do not appear to be taking to the streets to denounce the extremists murderers, they do not appear to be speaking out in any meaningful manner. That is what the average moderate, hard working, non-racist, middle of the road American, European, Aussie, Kiwi, etc., is seeing. More needs to be done. Of course there is anger out there. If they do not step up their campaign against those amongst them who are attempting to hijack their faith, this will only be the beginning. Eventually, there is a possibility that it could extend to all Muslims, everywhere. We are at a tipping point. They just to not acknowledge, nor do they see that. 

Every single one of us has a responsibility,” said Afaf Nasher, Executive Director of the Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) New York. Yes, but what this ignorant nitwit does not seem to comprehend, is that their real responsibility is to denounce their own extremists, and make it be known they do not sympathize, support, or condone what is being done in the name of their faith. They are quick to take to the streets to denounce this murder. I think this cowardly act of killing the Imam was bad news. But, alot more of it is going to start happening if they do not take some responsibility for the worldwide terror. 

Where are they when women and children are killed by powerful bombs and attacks all over the world committed by members of their own faith? That is the question we all want to hear answered. 

I don't agree with your POV at all.

Innocent Muslims are NOT responsible for Islamist terrorists.

It's their choice or not to get involved in being active against extremism.

You do realize by doing so they take personal risks themselves, right?

43 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

Islamophobia eh? Just this week, two wealthy muslims were deported from the US (Texas) for keeping slaves. Their defence 'Islamophobia' - 'The prophet kept slaves, therefore slavekeeping is part of Islam and you are Islamophobic'. They were ordered to pay $60,000 to their slaves in compensation before they were thankfully sent home.

These were individuals who did criminal acts. To blame all  Muslims for that is just wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree with your POV at all.

Innocent Muslims are NOT responsible for Islamist terrorists.

It's their choice or not to get involved in being active against extremism.

You do realize by doing so they take personal risks themselves, right?

Of course I realize that. But, sometimes you do something because it is the right thing to do, and taking a stand is within your moral nature. If these people do not start speaking out, the same terror that is being rained upon innocent women and children all over the world, by the nut job members of their faith, may start raining down upon them. I am hoping this does not happen. But anger around the world toward Muslims, is building at a level I have never witnessed in this lifetime. Unless the moderate Muslim can convince the world they have no sympathy toward the freaks, some will consider them complicit, in the same way common German people were considered sympathetic towards the Nazis in the early 1930's. 

Again, I think that's B.S.

Suppose you're just an everyday Joe Blow Muslim dude living your life, struggling with mundane problems like everyone else.

You're supposed to do what?

Wear a t-shirt saying you hate terrorists?
Come on now.

Put yourself in the shoes of a person like that.

2 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

Well, that was very poor justice. You are living in the US, you should be subject to it's laws. Harboring slaves usually results in a life sentence. Unfortunately, even in the US, money speaks. If you are wealthy enough, you can buy your way out of nearly any crime. I consider $2 million in legal fees enough to buy your way out of most murder charges. Just look at O.J. 

13 hours ago, Familyaffairs said:

Yes, imagine that....it must come as a shock when it finally happens to one of them....

"finally happens to one of them" You're joking, right?

This is a vid a Dutch friend of mine sent me. These are the number of deaths because of terrorist attacks in 2016. Though I dont understand what is being said, the numbers are actually all one needs to look at. You think the 7000 or so people slaughtered in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan and Yemen were all Christians? Or might it be that it "finally happened (year to date) to 7000 of them"  to stick to your highly intellectual rhetoric....