Honda PCX

Franky Bear

I bought a pair of new Michelin City Grips for mine a few months back online for just over 3000 bt (including postage), had them within a week.  (sorry, can't find the address or link).  The rear tyre always more a bit more expensive than the front.

Thanks gents. Reason i ask is i don't want to be ripped off. I'm the only farang around here and sadly the dual pricing is acute here. As soon as i buy anything from normal mom and pop shops the price goes up the next day. They don't even hide the fact. I'm running out of shops to buy stuff from now as i always like to give private owned outlets money instead of chains.

So most of my purchases come from 7/11  and other chain stores.

Thinking of buying a PCX125 in Portugal (can ride on a car licence) and wondered what spec the up-rated rear shocks were. May even take a pair with me from here.

What do they do to the ride comfort?

Edited by AllanB

On 18 August 2016 at 1:09 PM, Franky Bear said:

Thanks gents. Reason i ask is i don't want to be ripped off. I'm the only farang around here and sadly the dual pricing is acute here. As soon as i buy anything from normal mom and pop shops the price goes up the next day. They don't even hide the fact. I'm running out of shops to buy stuff from now as i always like to give private owned outlets money instead of chains.

So most of my purchases come from 7/11  and other chain stores.

Price will depend on what sort of tyre it is obviously..... a bit of a shame nobody has mentioned what brand/size etc they purchased. 

Could be a bit hard to avoid being ripped off as it's hard to change your own tyre.....but the only alternative may be to order one from a BKK shop online and just have the locals install it....but still going to cause grief by the sound of it.

What part of LOS are you in? Or are you actually in Honkers?

9 hours ago, denkiblue555 said:

Price will depend on what sort of tyre it is obviously..... a bit of a shame nobody has mentioned what brand/size etc they purchased. 

Could be a bit hard to avoid being ripped off as it's hard to change your own tyre.....but the only alternative may be to order one from a BKK shop online and just have the locals install it....but still going to cause grief by the sound of it.

What part of LOS are you in? Or are you actually in Honkers?

i'm still in Thailand down in rayong right at the boarder with Chantanburi. We are about 200 meters back from SR. That's the third puncture in a week now. The tyre has done 25,000KM so we are getting one tomorrow. What ever iot costs i'll pay as i need it.