Donut wars! Aggressive staff who confronted customers under investigation! 

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First the manager of the Donut shop need an adjustment course.

But a child crying next to the scene and cause such a bad temper from the donut shop needs surely a re training.

Its  a customer for once and not a selfish manager to come out that way...shame on them

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Customer service here is very different to the West. Big companies are usually okay, but it's usually the small shops where you'd find problems. I hope Dunkin' Donuts do the right thing here. You can't confront your customers. Doesn't matter what they say. Let them complain and walk away as is their right. 

When I receive bad service, I usually copy the Thai style of saying nothing and walking out. It really isn't worth the hassle and I can vote with my feet. But more and more Thais are realising that the customer is supposed to be number 1 and complaining more. I've become more Thai when dealing with complaining and my missus has become more Western. 

"I hope Dunkin' Donuts do the right thing here. "

I am sure they will capitalize on Mister Donut's misfortune in this incident going viral.:coffee1:

A fine example of why these people and their society will never progress.

I don't think that they will ever be able to use constructive criticism to improve themselves. Instead they will always just get angry, indignant, possibly violent.

Not as far from the jungle as they believe. 

The standard of service and basic politeness really seems to have dropped in LOS. It's becoming increasingly rare to hear 'khup'/'kha'. In some restaurants I'm faced with staff who don't speak a single word. I've been here for over 20 yrs, so can't talk about how things are elsewhere. I wonder if it's too much social media making ppl envious of what they're missing out on, this could be the case since so many are on their phones while at work. Jobs are so easy to find, ppl don't care about the sack, making employers scared to correct behaviour.

I was in a KFC (yes I know) in Hang Dong a couple of months back and ordered some chicken. 'No hab' was the answer. What, you do not have chicken? 'No, no hab'. So, let me get you right- you are a KF CHICKEN and you have no chicken. "Yes, no hab 30 minute' (and this was at 1300). Customer service has a long way to go.

Further to this in the bank today to order some travellers checks- 'No, cannot'. Err, but KBank website clearly states TCs can be purchased from ALL branches. 'No, no hab, cannot'. OK where can I buy TC- 'no cannot, K Bank not buy sell TCs at the moment'.  This was after one of them had told me I could get at a main branch, what a crock.

Your right about that Mixed. Gone are the days when everyone seemed to be happy and polite. My gf,the almost happiest girl in Thailand keeps mentioning how people are so much more dower and sullen. Quicker for confrontation.  Sad.

11 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Your right about that Mixed. Gone are the days when everyone seemed to be happy and polite. My gf,the almost happiest girl in Thailand keeps mentioning how people are so much more dower and sullen. Quicker for confrontation.  Sad.

I've said it before, and I'll likely say it again, their society and culture hasn't adjusted to the modern World. 

Hundreds of years in the jungle or rice field, now all of a sudden in one generation the modern World has come. And done so far, far to quickly for their jungle/paddy field culture to adjust to. 

The more the World develops, the more frustrated, incapable, and angry they get.

Edited by Happy Grumpy

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

If I go anywhere and decide that the service is that poor, I vote with my feet. It's very easy to simply walk away and not cause a fuss.

So do Thais, which may explain the high rate of business failures. I think it's about time they were brave enough to complain openly, then they also need to be mature enough to reflect how they can improve the service. I've been to NN, it's small, sometimes there's only one shop for certain things and they really exploit this with bad treatment. This is the same in many smaller towns here. It's common for ppl to dread dealing with ppl in some shops.

I get much better service for cheaper prices in places like HH and Pattaya. Simple things like ensuring beer is cold and repeating customers orders to prevent problems.

5 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Good comment Les.

Everywhere you go, you see them with their faces fixed on their phone screens. Cook and Zuckerberg must be laughing their boxes off at the rise of 'social media', by which is meant addictive tools to help social inadequates feel good about themselves by connecting with the hive-mind so they don't feel alone. There's always been social inadequates on the internet of course, 20 years ago it was Usenet and IRC, now its Fateboo and Linkedin, Line and half a dozen others.

These 'services' are directly marketed to the dim and inept. That's why Thailand has a user-per-population percentage higher than most other countries - the thicker the better for Marki and Timmi etc. It's also why Fateboo Thailand is happy to give the government user details on request.

Sad really, I've noticed a huge rise in numbers of people who I believe are narcissistic at best and quite possibly borderline sociopathic as well in the last 10 or 15 years... and I met a couple more this very day. It's a bit like meeting someone who appears to have just  snorted cocaine but who's actually just grown up like that and doesn't need chemical help to act obnoxiously. I fear for all of our futures.

It's all a bit of a worry really...

Winnie

What I don't understand is how 6 people on a usually adult forum can like such a racist post as this. Disgraceful. AND in your previous post you said, "there's something seriously wrong with THESE people"

My God man, I hope you haven't made friends with any Thai people let alone any relatives.

41 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

A fine example of why these people and their society will never progress.

I don't think that they will ever be able to use constructive criticism to improve themselves. Instead they will always just get angry, indignant, possibly violent.

Not as far from the jungle as they believe. 

What country are you from?

44 minutes ago, pogal said:

https://www.facebook.com/DunkinDonutsThai/?fref=ts

Express yourself at DD facebook page :) 

How would you express yourself on Dunkin Donuts facebook page when the story is about poor service at Mister Donut? 

Perhaps praise them for the non-fattening holes they sell with their doughnuts?:coffee1:

7 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Kazakhstan.

Admit it you're a yank. Some real class in a developed country here. Spitting too!

Not as bad as another one in a developed country - guns involved here. What is wrong with these people?

And you have the utter audacity to say the Thai clip is bad :cheesy:

Edited by Johnniey

7 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Admit it you're a yank.

Errrr, what? :blink:

Thankfully I've only spent 6 weeks of my life in America. A largely ghastly society that isn't far from rivaling Thailand's. Yet quite unamusing to observe, which is where Thai society seriously excels. :)

Just now, Happy Grumpy said:

Errrr, what? :blink:

Thankfully I've only spent 6 weeks of my life in America. A largely ghastly society that isn't far from rivaling Thailand's. Yet quite unamusing to observe, which is where Thai society seriously excels. :)

Why are you embarrassed to say where you come from? Why the hatred for Thais? You have countless inane topics criticizing Thais. Are you made live here?

I've often noticed in the shopping malls, a number of staff are sitting behind a counter, chattering away, while I search the shelves for what I want.

As a last resort, I've gone over to the staff huddle and and just waited.  I know language is a big problem, but when no one offers to help, I feel as if I'm disturbing their chat time.

At one stage, I was seriously considering buying a motor bike.  I wandered around the showroom, and waited for some help.  Not a person was interested, so I walked out of the Y.......A rooms and went to S...I who were most helpful.

In the end I decided that a tuk-tuk was safer!

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

What I don't understand is how 6 people on a usually adult forum can like such a racist post as this. Disgraceful. AND in your previous post you said, "there's something seriously wrong with THESE people"

My God man, I hope you haven't made friends with any Thai people let alone any relatives.

You need to grow some skin and get a life.