UDD flatly denies its involvement in bomb and arson attacks

webfact

UDD flatly denies its involvement in bomb and arson attacks

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FvAaCU3yjz7W7J0fdvGJ7nF

BANGKOK: -- The redshirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) Yesterday issued a statement strongly denounced the bomb and arson attacks in seven provinces that left four dead and over 30 injured.

At the same time it also denounced political opportunism waged by the government and politicians to guide the public into believing that the violence was the work of those who opposed to the charter referendum.

The UDD has no connection whatsoever with the violence in the 7 southern provinces, but instead is glad to cooperate and support authorities to bring all perpetrators to justice, the statement said.

It cited BBC’s report and IHS Jane’s analysis that the attacks were conducted by potential group with connection to the southern insurgency, as well as Thai authorities seeking help from Malaysia to investigate as mobile phones that were used to detonate bombs were made in Malaysia.

The statement added that the UDD resorted to peaceful means in waging its political movement and asked the state not to misguide the people that the UDD was responsible in last week’s bomb and arson attacks.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/176127-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-15

well the fact they insist they use peaceful means shoots them down in flames, after killing women and children when the army stepped in and then cheering about it when they announced it on stage  along with all the shootings they had done, peaceful is the last thing they are. They always try to deny they are involved yet it always turns out they are, maybe not in this case but by protesting so loudly they are not helping themselves. If they are involved I just hope that the leaders are arrested and locked up with no more bail, then again if they are not the leaders should still have their bail revoked for all the crap they are causing. I just hope they do find who planted these bombs quickly without any false crap, the police really need top sort this out asap

8 minutes ago, seajae said:

well the fact they insist they use peaceful means shoots them down in flames, after killing women and children when the army stepped in and then cheering about it when they announced it on stage  along with all the shootings they had done, peaceful is the last thing they are. They always try to deny they are involved yet it always turns out they are, maybe not in this case but by protesting so loudly they are not helping themselves. If they are involved I just hope that the leaders are arrested and locked up with no more bail, then again if they are not the leaders should still have their bail revoked for all the crap they are causing. I just hope they do find who planted these bombs quickly without any false crap, the police really need top sort this out asap

Remain calm my friend, Do you never wonder why so much BS reaches your eager ears?

Winnie

34 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

I feel red shirt flaming coming on.... 

Just a hunch... :coffee1:

Yup. All panting and frothing at the mouth. They'll be here directly. I can hear the gentle thunder of buffalo hooves as we speak.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

the UDD resorted to peaceful means in waging its political movement

Lol

Terrorist attack in Bangkok (2010)

Arson (2010)

Guerrilla war against the security forces (2010)

Use of human shields (2010)

Assassination of opposition (2013-2014)

Grenade attack against civilian (2013-2014)

Child murder (2014)

etc etc etc.......

"the red shirts may now be anti-monarchists no longer interested in a peaceful struggle for democracy. "

Asian Sentinel , November 2010

However, Human Rights Watch’s investigations found that the attacks did not originate with
Red Shirt Guards, but with a secretive armed element within the UDD whom protesters and
media called the “Black Shirts” or “Men in Black”—though not all were dressed in black.

HRW, Descent to Chaos 

6 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

Remain calm my friend, Do you never wonder why so much BS reaches your eager ears?

Winnie

probably because I make up my own mind on all the information etc available and dont believe any of the self serving crap that any side dishes up. I have seen first hand what the reds consider "peaceful" means, doesnt do a real lot in  making anything they say believable, suthep is a *&*^%% and I watch what s happening in the country with the current leadership, some is good and some isnt but its definitely better than what the ptp were doing

34 minutes ago, seajae said:

probably because I make up my own mind on all the information etc available and dont believe any of the self serving crap that any side dishes up. I have seen first hand what the reds consider "peaceful" means, doesnt do a real lot in  making anything they say believable, suthep is a *&*^%% and I watch what s happening in the country with the current leadership, some is good and some isnt but its definitely better than what the ptp were doing

Italicised and bolded words by me for emphasis and ease of understanding.

Well, forgive me but it really doesn't seem that way. Still, if you're happy with the way you process information and with the judgments that ensue, then that's all that's important. Personally, I wouldn't be, but it's up to you.

The BS about the Reds being violent without serious and deliberate provocation just doesn't mesh with my own personal experience, and since it's regurgitated by the likes of DJjamie, Baerboxer, the ridiculous Halloween and every other junta-phile in the cosmos, you have no-one to blame but yourself if it appears that this is the company you choose to keep.

Good luck.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

1 hour ago, than said:

Lol

Terrorist attack in Bangkok (2010)

Arson (2010)

Guerrilla war against the security forces (2010)

Use of human shields (2010)

Assassination of opposition (2013-2014)

Grenade attack against civilian (2013-2014)

Child murder (2014)

etc etc etc.......

For every person the redshirts have killed the security forces have killed 10 civilians. Just go back into the history of the country and you will see why civilians are prepared to kill for what they believe in. When you have security forces that disregard life the people follow their example. The only way in the past they could obtain more equality was through street protests and violence. That is not to say that two wrongs make a right but there is a historic context to use when evaluating peoples behaviour.

1 hour ago, Winniedapu said:

Italicised and bolded words by me for emphasis and ease of understanding.

Well, forgive me but it really doesn't seem that way. Still, if you're happy with the way you process information and with the judgments that ensue, then that's all that's important. Personally, I wouldn't be, but it's up to you.

The BS about the Reds being violent without serious and deliberate provocation just doesn't mesh with my own personal experience, and since it's regurgitated by the likes of DJjamie, Baerboxer, the ridiculous Halloween and every other junta-phile in the cosmos, you have no-one to blame but yourself if it appears that this is the company you choose to keep.

Good luck.

Winnie

This sounds a bit like a father lecturing his wayward son (or a sermon from somewhat who is totally and utterly convinced that, well, s/he is always right).

1 hour ago, does said:

This sounds a bit like a father lecturing his wayward son (or a sermon from somewhat who is totally and utterly convinced that, well, s/he is always right).

Don't worry, he/she/it is just trying to run up the number of posts

"At the same time it also denounced political opportunism waged by the government and politicians to guide the public into believing that the violence was the work of those who opposed to the charter referendum. "

I don't know if they are involved - but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

They deny their involvement and blame the other side

Isn't this their usual tactic - even when their involvement is absolutely clear?

Edited by sweatalot

We could only guess...

My favourite "wild speculation "is Operatives launched and left evidence to point to Muslim 's .

But like the Afghanistan freedom fighters in 1980 (. Who ..we're given rocket launchers ) 

The CIA not only took down the helicopter and general ....but started this action to destabilise the military before a much bigger attacker on the government."

Thaksin footed 1 billion USD towards funding some stuff.

The recent referendum was the final straw and now the free world are out to destroy the already paranoid junta.

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

"At the same time it also denounced political opportunism waged by the government and politicians to guide the public into believing that the violence was the work of those who opposed to the charter referendum. "

I don't know if they are involved - but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

They deny their involvement and blame the other side

Isn't this their usual tactic - even when their involvement is absolutely clear?

Well, you might be right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Winnie

14 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Yes, and?

Winnie

Just saying. No harm done I hope. You may be right in your opinion but it sounds a bit patronizing. You'd be more convincing/effective/emphathetic using a more benign tone.

22 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

For every person the redshirts have killed the security forces have killed 10 civilians. Just go back into the history of the country and you will see why civilians are prepared to kill for what they believe in. When you have security forces that disregard life the people follow their example. The only way in the past they could obtain more equality was through street protests and violence. That is not to say that two wrongs make a right but there is a historic context to use when evaluating peoples behaviour.

When red/black shirt used human shield to commit their crime, The world has witnessed these acts !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1278839/Thai-protesters-use-child-human-shield-country-faces-civil-war.html

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-445617

make note as to how many bombs made in the south were duds.   vs this recent bombings and a 40% fail rate. 

it looks like something from the south. 

it acts like something from the north. 

why are the southern insurgents all of a sudden really horrible bombers?  why were they on timers and not manual detonation? the south love to manual detonate and watch. that doesnt sound like southern insurgents at all.  dont they hate people from chaing mai who came down and murdered all their children a decade ago?  yet Zero targets.   why use a phone that would lead thais straight to your home country?    why have they never used out of country phones before? thailand should hire guys like me who have specialty in data retrieval.