• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Saladin said:

Here are a few simple ideas to increase revenue from tourism -

1. Make 3 month Tourist Visas valid for 3 months (not 2) so that tourists don't drift off to spend their money in a neighboring country after 60 days rather than wasting their time and enduring the hassle of extending it for the final 30 days at Thailand's notoriously inefficient Immigration offices.

2. Extend the duration of  Tourist visas to 4 months or 6 months.

2. Standardise the rules for visas in all Thai consulates in foriegn countries to remove uncertainties instead of leaving it to the local staff to make their own rules.

3. Stop banning alcohol consumption in restaurants every time there is a religious or Royal holiday, the amount of which Thailand must hold the world record.

much as i would also like to see such changes, these would not really help actual tourism, most people want these long visa's are literally living here using tourist visa's and not actual tourists, also the amount of money genrated by making us mess about is a lot and provide jobs and work for people

1. you can extend by paying the fee, other visa's are 90 days, this would not be a hassle if doing just once, but if doing regular you are living here on tourist visa's so just be happy you can do that regardless how much messing about it takes.

2. again, how many real tourists stay here for 4-6 months without going anywhere else, i live here (non tourist) and dont stay here that long without visting somewhere else, again just be happy with the fact you are living here on tourist visa's (for now)

3. do your research and you will know what is possible at each embassy, again its all about generating money via spending at certain locations, thats why they change rules as they also want you in area spending, if you actually read up, EVERYTHING is at the decrection of the immigration officer, so they can if they want to.

4. Respect a country and its culture. not everyone is an alcoholic that needs to drink everyday. Its not like you cannot stock up ready (unless your a heavy alcholic that cannot keep alcohol without drinking it straight away), and why would you want to go out for meals on public holidays when restuarants are packed, if your a tourist its not like you need to wait for a day off.

Not only this - Kobkarn is talking to the game makers in Japan to increase the numbers of rare Pokémon as well as Pokestops and gyms used for playing the game. 

so are we going to see our pokemons get pokestopped for no helmets, and tony's pokegyms everywhere in pattaya

2 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

And just a  week ago there was talk of "Banning" Pokemon Go in Thailand.

One just wonders if these clowns in the military government ever talk to each other. Or is each of them a little Napoleon of its own?

Incompetence comes mostly in uniforms.

Lets see if I have this straight.  The MoT wants to create an environment where tourists come to this culturally and historically rich country in order to chase virtual cartoon characters using Thailand as a backdrop?

Who's just unhooked from reality? 

peoplejumpinginhole.gif~c200

Edited by connda

3 hours ago, shirtless said:

It amazes me they could have such poor politicians, fix the issues would be a good start

Don't worry Djjamie will be so proud of his Junta ministers.  You have Uncle Too, a self proclaimed funny guy and rock superstar with 2 record breaking number 1 hits, the pokemon queen and a cluster of other misfits running the country.  Things can't possibly get more hysterical.

Djjamie, stand up my friend and take a bow as we applaud you as the number 1 fan of the circus.

So all the people who could do bombs, will know the places where all the Pokemon Players ( kids) will be.

I don't think this is a good idea. Unless they will put police at the locations to try to protect.

Just now, bark said:

So all the people who could do bombs, will know the places where all the Pokemon Players ( kids) will be.

I don't think this is a good idea. Unless they will put police at the locations to try to protect.

The cops might end up playing Pokemon Go there too.

This really is hilarious.... Three weeks ago this woman said foreign tourists only come to Thailand for "our beautiful culture". 

Last week her colleagues were considering banning the game on safety reasons. 

Today this minister thinks it will attract tourists to Thailand...

So should we thus conclude that:

* Pokemon Go is another form of Thailand's rich culture? (I thought it was Japanese)

* It is safe for foreigners to play Pokemon Go, but not Thais?

* If foreigners meet accidental death or injury playing Pokemon Go, that doesn't matter, because they are not Thais?

Will there ever be any form of cohesive policy or message from this crowd of politicians appointed purely because they are friends of the unelected leader?

Can just imagine this woman at the international tourism ministers convention.

We have pokemons in Thailand, they are everywhere and people are flocking to catch them.  Yea ok lady sit down.

But I'm serious, here's a pick of 3 in my shower this morning.  Lady put that away, it's disgusting and not a pokemon it's Djjamie

I admire the Thai government at one level. For a nation

obsessed with face, they seem to lose it on an ongoing 

basis. Pokemon Go ??  Is she insane ?? Is this her version

of a fall back after she realized that with billions of dollars

being lost from the stoppage of prostitution, she had to make

up the money ??

Provided, i.e. PROVIDED this article is genuine and she really said/thought that, then I humbly appeal to the Prime Minister to consider some changes at the Tourism Ministry in the upcoming September reshuffle. 

Not knowing what kind of weed this lady is smoking she needs to be replaced and parked definitely into the Ministry of Inactive Posts - yesterday already. Give her drivers and Mercedes-Benz' but for god's sake shut her up.

My company is doing business with tourists and the going became tougher and tougher before her involvement already. The last thing we (6.6% of the GDP and certainly more % in absolute numbers of employments) need is such rubbish.
Eradicate the sleazy trade made her the laughing stock of tourism (while I agree that certain zoning and regulating of the night life incl. rights for all those workers). The night life and red light business cannot be eradicated here as most customers are locals. 

But seriously resourcing back to Pokemon - well, I rest my case and if my employees would come up with such an idea I would put them straight once and for all as it has nothing to do with "quality tourism in Thailand". 

3 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Imagine somewhere in the world people are planning a holiday and preferably they're the much vaunted quality tourists with cash to flash.

They could go to any of the world's great cities with sights,   history and the highest of high end shopping or to countries with the most pristine of beaches.

NO,  they'll come to LoS to chase Pokemon because despite having it in their own country this is Thai Pokemon so it must be special   !

Thai Pokeman special :cheesy:.

Clearly the Thai tourism minister considers herself special for coming up with the insane idea.

Thai Children are already obsessed with games as it is.

Looking @ computers only as a platform of gaming, 

and nothing more.

So to promote Pokeman, would only drive them further onto mobile phones, tablets for their gaming obsession. 

She must have children, and of course ran out of original ideas, so she asked them for advice.

As only children would look to spend time in another country, after saving their money for months, years to come, 

relax and play games.

I thought I read that people don't come to Thailand for the late night entertainment,

they come for the Temples, and to experience the culture,

which Thailand has to offer, as I believe was stated by an official.

So why would they adopt an outside source of entertainment,

while remaining stubborn in their ways;

as to refuse to even try to learn how to communicate with the tourist, 

in any sort of meaningful way,

other that YOU, YOU, YOU come here!

It's a shame Thailand is even calling what they offer as tourism, 

it certainly isn't. 

Entertaining sometimes, costly most of the time,

and unpredictable all of the time.

Pokemon Go isn't going to create substance to tourism, 

when there's so much more that's missing already.

It amazes me that the TAT doesn't go to their neighboring countries to see what all they are bring to the population, 

as they continue to try to grow, in the very least; variety of options,

while Thailand just copies the same thing over & over again,

lacking any sense of variety along the way.

To often I hear people stating they want to make business, 

and when asked what kind of business? 

It's almost always Thai Massage, Villa Rentals, 

or restaurant...and of course the restaurant won't open until 17:00 each day.

SMH, not again...