PM asks media to stop pestering him with questions about bomb attacks

snoop1130

PM asks media to stop pestering him with questions about bomb attacks

831_PM-wpcf_728x409.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha on Wednesday told the media to stop pestering him with questions about last week’s bomb attacks in southern provinces and progress of investigation into the violence.

He said that if the media asked one issue from one source at a time and then reported about it, it would cause public confusion and, hence, he would like the media to stop asking questions about bombing incidents and to wait until the agencies concerned come out with their statements.

The prime minister insisted that he was not angry with the reporters who asked him questions about the bomb attacks but he admitted that he felt the pressure because he had no answers to their questions.

He assured that the government did not cover up some information as the incidents are still under investigation. He said he would like the media to help in creating better understanding and to allow officials concerned the chance to do their job properly.

Asked by a reporter whether the violence last week was related with the referendum, the prime minister hit back, saying that officials concerned had never mentioned that they were connected but only said that they didn’t rule out any possible issue.

The prime minister however discovered that the mobile phones which were used in setting off the bombs and found by officials had been sent to Malaysia for examination as they were bought from Malaysia.

He said he was in Kuala Lumpur on August 16 to attend the International Conference on Blue Ocean Strategy but the bombing issue was not raised with his Malaysian counterpart, Najib Razak.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/176539-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-17

36 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

he would like the media to stop asking questions about bombing incidents and to wait until the agencies concerned come out with their statements

fair enough request i reckon. much better than dozens of various officials giving their theories, which as he pointed out only adds to the confusion.

39 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

fair enough request i reckon. much better than dozens of various officials giving their theories, which as he pointed out only adds to the confusion.

In particular if they don't fit with the theory he gave himself in the media

"The prime minister insisted that he was not angry with the reporters who asked him questions about the bomb attacks but he admitted that he felt the pressure because he had no answers to their questions."

Finally a straight answer about the bombings.

And amazing how hard it is just to say "We don't know at this point in time. The investigation is on going."

44 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"The prime minister insisted that he was not angry with the reporters who asked him questions about the bomb attacks but he admitted that he felt the pressure because he had no answers to their questions."

Finally a straight answer about the bombings.

And amazing how hard it is just to say "We don't know at this point in time. The investigation is on going."

You are so right about the difficulty in saying they don't know at that time as it seems to be an admission of failure and everyone wants to be seen as being on top of everything.

Saying something like   '  it's an ongoing investigation etc,   more when we know more  '   is believable and far more acceptable than everyone feeling obliged to put their tuppence worth in and talking at cross purposes.

Instead of playing the PM and exercising constraints of self appointed office and ruler of all.

He should revert to his instincts and say ""oh a wise guy eh? "" like the Moe character in Three Stooges ...and be down with protocol.

The reporters should leave him alone .

For good .

Prayut ready to continue as PM if other options not available

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday suggested he would continue as the next prime minister if there were no other options.

"He [the prime minister] can be whoever. I think there are several prominent figures in Thailand who are better than me. But if you can't find any good persons, then you turn to me," said PM Prayut at the weekly press briefing.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-ready-to-continue-as-PM-if-other-options-no-30293208.html

What a sharp contrast from the early days of the bombing and arson incidents when all the NCPO leaders and some minor cronies were shooting of their hips with straightforward accusations directed of political involvement and at the Red Shirts. Now all quiet and Prayut on the defensive. It will grind to nothing just like the previous bombs at Siam BTS or magistrate court. They will hope all will be forgotten in due course until the next incident. Just simply incompetency.

I hate the news and media reporters. Its not about truth or the facts, its about sensationalizing it to make money and to be the first one to report it. Sad state of affairs in all countries in the world. Worse yet, some how people are all drawn to it as if they enjoy that others got harmed and happy it wasn't them. The US is the worst for this kind of behavior. 

I applaud the PM's comment, I would have said "FO, you will know when we know now go find some other dirt on something else":D

13 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Already got them two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago would be August 4th, ... you are probably right... :whistling:

So far there is a number, could have been pulled out of thin air or elsewhere. The EC has yet to release district and provincial results... It can't be that hard to make them up... 

Astounding he did not mention it in Malaysia, at least on the sidelines.    It's a pretty big deal with bombs killing your people and tourists.

I mean the reason he was there looked like a joke.  Bombs are no joke