Donald Trump never wanted to win: Michael Moore

webfact

5 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I find Michael Moore entertaining. He exposes the belly of the beast. If your a right wing nut job I guess you dislike him. Each to their own. 

5 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I find Michael Moore entertaining. He exposes the belly of the beast. If your a right wing nut job I guess you dislike him. Each to their own. 

Historically most successful societies have been predominantly conservative. When the left takes over, societies ultimately crumble. Being right wing does not  make one a 'nut job', it means you simply have a different ideology. The left always use insults when referring to anyone that doesn't agree with their particular ideology. Michael Moore's films are always agenda driven and he edits interviews to make people look stupid. With the proper equipment anyone can do that. He is a capitalist that makes a fortune on movies criticizing capitalism. At best he's just a very large hypocrite.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, TimTang said:

The left always use insults when referring to anyone that doesn't agree with their particular ideology.

That's a pretty funny statement coming in a year when the Republican party and its right-wingers chose the king of trash talking and personal insults/childish name calling as their presidential candidate.

Moore says Trump found the attention his campaign attracted intoxicating.

“Trump fell in love with himself all over again, and he soon forgot his mission to get a good deal for a TV show,” Moore writes. “He was no longer king of the deal-makers — he was King of the World!”

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's a pretty funny statement coming in a year when the Republican party and its right-wingers chose the king of trash talking and personal insults/childish name calling as their presidential candidate.

I'm not a big Trump fan but during a presidential election that type of rhetoric comes with the territory.  Have you seen any election where the two opponents speak highly of each other? Clinton has a lot of baggage so Trump has a lot of material to work with. Having a serial rapist and pedophile for a husband doesn't help her much either.

11 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Moore says Trump found the attention his campaign attracted intoxicating.

“Trump fell in love with himself all over again, and he soon forgot his mission to get a good deal for a TV show,” Moore writes. “He was no longer king of the deal-makers — he was King of the World!”

If they do a remake of Titanic Trump will be a shoe-in.

I'm trying to remember the last U.S. presidential campaign where one of the candidates publicly, directly and repeatedly referred to other candidates as "rotten", "crooked" "lying," "little," etc through the use of insulting nicknames???

And those Trump-isms weren't all directed at HRC, as anyone following the news would know. Some of them were directed by Trump as his fellow Republican presidential candidates.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

If it was Trumps plan to always lose the election then that implies that he deliberately set out to scupper the republican party.  Because even as dumb as he is he would know that his poisonous rhetoric would destroy what little credibility the republican party had left.  By doing so he would make himself an even more hated figure and with his ego would he really want to encourage that?  This is the most bizarre election and a true embarrassment to all decent American people.  I know it is highly entertaining for us non Americans but this is not funny anymore for the citizens of the USA.

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm trying to remember the last U.S. presidential campaign where one of the candidates publicly, directly and repeatedly referred to other candidates as "rotten", "crooked" "lying," "little," etc through the use of insulting nicknames???

And those Trump-isms weren't all directed at HRC, as anyone following the news would know. Some of them were directed by Trump as his fellow Republican presidential candidates.

I never heard "rotten" or "little" but maybe I haven't been paying attention. But..."crooked"...Hillary was using the Clinton Foundation to fill her and Bills bank account with a "Pay for Play" scheme. That is "crooked". As for "lying"; I don't even have to elaborate on that one.

Democrats must beware of the L word…..not landslide, silly……the word is LULLED

Mr Trump is in it to win it…he has taken some risky and unpopular (but necessary) positions in the interests of security and economic prosperity….and he is being beaten up for it by those he has exposed as incompetent and corrupt jerks.

There is no evidence to suggest that if he loses the election, he will profit in business….in fact, his opinions and the things he said could hurt his business….but he is fighting on despite that.

"I never heard "rotten" or "little" but maybe I haven't been paying attention. But..."crooked"...Hillary was using the Clinton Foundation to fill her and Bills bank account with a "Pay for Play" scheme. That is "crooked". As for "lying"; I don't even have to elaborate on that one."

TimTang, you REALLY haven't been following Trump or the news very closely then. Actually knowing what you're posting about before posting is a handy habit.

"Little Marco" was Trump's dismissive term for Marco Rubio.

Rotten was Trump's play on Clinton's maiden name Rodham.

Lying, BTW, wasn't directed at Clinton, but rather at Ted Cruz.

The point wasn't whether candidates lie or are crooked or whatever. The point was, and your original post was, complaining about supposedly the left throwing insults at groups with different ideologies. And as I pointed out, this season, no one's beating the Republican Trump in the insult throwing game.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

There is no evidence to suggest that if he loses the election, he will profit in business….in fact, his opinions and the things he said could hurt his business….but he is fighting on despite that.

I really believe that Trump thinks he is helping his brand.  Just like he believes that big turnouts at his rallies means he should be ahead in the polls.  Trump has too many people telling him how wonderful he is.  He just doesn't realize that the majority of Americans find him unacceptable as President...and a human being.  His Trump brand will definitely take a hit.  But if he intends to start a far right media empire, there may just be an audience for him to make some decent bucks on that.   

1 hour ago, TimTang said:

I'm not a big Trump fan but during a presidential election that type of rhetoric comes with the territory.  Have you seen any election where the two opponents speak highly of each other? Clinton has a lot of baggage so Trump has a lot of material to work with. Having a serial rapist and pedophile for a husband doesn't help her much either.

No, but neither have I seen an election where one of the candidates intimates that political assassination is an option, or spends his time coming up with puerile nicknames for his opponents,  or who talks about his penis size at rallies,  or...

Oh what's the point, it just goes in one ear and out of the other, doesn't it?

Some people think it's both normal and appropriate for a presidential candidate to act like a mental patient.

5 hours ago, PTC said:

We do understand the difficulties that the revolting old reactionaries, pardon me, the old reactionaries in revolt who claimed a tidal wave of political change with their flawed and hollow idol Trump and now see the progress of this political 'movement' descending into something less than a joke and an embarrassment to any thinking person. But don't take it out on Michael Moore. So you don't like his opinion. The guy is a documentarian. His life is about social comment. What's wrong with that? He went around Washington DC asking Representatives if they read th Patriot Act before voting to pass it. Most had not. He exposes the corruption and selfishness of ideological neoconservatism that we see shoved in people's faces by a small group of fringe, lunatic posters on TVF.

Health care [in Cuba] is a human right rather than a product for economic profit. Therefore, all Cubans have equal access to health services, and all services are free. http://www.radford.edu/~junnever/law/cuba.htm

It takes a special kind of reactionary nut to argue against something like this. Something particularly inhuman about such sentiments. So typical of the selfish cultural chauvinists of the teabag fringe. Go 2A.

Are you flying there for special treatment better take a look first.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=cuban+hospitals&espv=2&biw=1517&bih=714&tbm=isch&imgil=VXxsrjcSnGGToM%3A%3Byh0mEIehVLM-HM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fopencuba.blogspot.com%252F2012%252F03%252Fcimeq-and-myths-of-cubas-health-care.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=VXxsrjcSnGGToM%3A%2Cyh0mEIehVLM-HM%2C_&usg=__ZIjHeKhzmSmUVzm1bT08MKRemq8%3D&dpr=0.9&ved=0ahUKEwixoeWw2MrOAhXMMY8KHSWzAV8QyjcIJQ&ei=F4W1V_G5PMzjvASl5ob4BQ#imgrc=HBunhJvpTtJvpM%3A

2 hours ago, TimTang said:

Historically most successful societies have been predominantly conservative. When the left takes over, societies ultimately crumble. Being right wing does not  make one a 'nut job', it means you simply have a different ideology. The left always use insults when referring to anyone that doesn't agree with their particular ideology. Michael Moore's films are always agenda driven and he edits interviews to make people look stupid. With the proper equipment anyone can do that. He is a capitalist that makes a fortune on movies criticizing capitalism. At best he's just a very large hypocrite.

Almost all big time imperial powers collapse from military spending whether they are left or right in social policy.  Rome had legions in Gaul when they could no longer defend their capital.  England had an empire all over the world but couldn't recover from WWII and serious problems at home like food shortages went on for more than a decade.  Russia lost 100K men in Afghanistan but could no longer make its economy work.  I would bring up Nazi germany were they 'right enough' for you?  And you can look up what happened.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I really believe that Trump thinks he is helping his brand.  Just like he believes that big turnouts at his rallies means he should be ahead in the polls.  Trump has too many people telling him how wonderful he is.  He just doesn't realize that the majority of Americans find him unacceptable as President...and a human being.  His Trump brand will definitely take a hit.  But if he intends to start a far right media empire, there may just be an audience for him to make some decent bucks on that.   

I'm not sure his brand will take a hit. Aren't bookings up at his properties? Also if he starts a media empire to promote his ideology which may attract 30 percent core support that might be huge. He may even be able to make trump steaks great again.

3 hours ago, TimTang said:

I never heard "rotten" or "little" but maybe I haven't been paying attention. But..."crooked"...Hillary was using the Clinton Foundation to fill her and Bills bank account with a "Pay for Play" scheme. That is "crooked". As for "lying"; I don't even have to elaborate on that one.

Trump filled his pocket with taxpayers money is that better.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not sure his brand will take a hit. Aren't bookings up at his properties? Also if he starts a media empire to promote his ideology which may attract 30 percent core support that might be huge. He may even be able to make trump steaks great again.

My understanding is that bookings are down at Trump properties.  Previous agreements, particularly with Hispanic and Muslim partners, are being cancelled.  The PGA has moved golf tournaments from Trump properties.  He's somewhat of a pariah with mainstream businesses, like NBC.  But yes, his core (i.e., Fox News audience) will be a prime customer base if he pursues a media empire.  Trump will come out of this alright. 

Trump suggested that some gun lover might just have to assassinate his opponent, then managed to push that controversy aside with an accusation that President Obama literally founded ISIS, then said he was only being sarcastic, then said not that sarcastic, then declared himself the victim of a media conspiracy.

3 hours ago, Chicog said:

No, but neither have I seen an election where one of the candidates intimates that political assassination is an option, or spends his time coming up with puerile nicknames for his opponents,  or who talks about his penis size at rallies,  or...

Oh what's the point, it just goes in one ear and out of the other, doesn't it?

Some people think it's both normal and appropriate for a presidential candidate to act like a mental patient.

Puerile nicknames for politicians is a favorite pass time on Thaivisa, so everyone here should love Trump

7 hours ago, TimTang said:

Sorry, who are you calling a serial rapist and a pedophile? Can you elaborate please.

4 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

So where is the allegations of being a pedophile?

From your link

"Broaddrick had once signed a deposition stating that no sexual contact had occurred with Bill Clinton", then for something in the 70's she brings it out in 2016, election year. A bit suspicious maybe? jilted lover maybe?