Bangkok homeless man who returns lost wallet rewarded with job and new home

webfact

Homeless man who returns lost wallet rewarded with job and new home

By Coconuts Bangkok 

homeless_1.jpg

Photo:Tarika Patty/ Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Ready to restore your faith in humanity? The story of a Bangkok homeless man who returned a lost wallet with THB20,000 cash inside it went viral this week as the honest man was simply rewarded with a new life, job and home.

Facebook user Tarika Patty said the homeless man, whose name was not mentioned, had returned her boyfriend’s wallet on Monday although the man barely had money and had been living on the street for over a year.

Tarika said her boyfriend dropped his wallet without his knowledge. The homeless man did see the incident and tried to give the wallet back, but unfortunately, he couldn’t catch up with Tarika’s boyfriend in time.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/18/homeless-man-who-returns-lost-wallet-rewarded-job-and-new-home

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-18

Restore faith in humanity, a  nice gesture and well done , however the restoration fund is running low ,across town the head master is shooting his sister,  the bouncers are now in jail and poor old DPM  Pawtwit is arresting fifty percent of Thailand, interesting days indeed...............................................:coffee1:.  

14 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Restore faith in humanity, a  nice gesture and well done , however the restoration fund is running low ,across town the head master is shooting his sister,  the bouncers are now in jail and poor old DPM  Pawtwit is arresting fifty percent of Thailand, interesting days indeed...............................................:coffee1:.  

Nah the bouncers jail sentence was suspended.

Well done, BUT why do these stories get so much publicity and are pasted allover the local press??? I know many people in many countries, that do fantastic good deeds and never would go public or even like to go public. Here every taxi driver, who does not drive off with a forgotten bag, gets celebrated like a hero. Weird.....MS>

9 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Well done, BUT why do these stories get so much publicity and are pasted allover the local press??? I know many people in many countries, that do fantastic good deeds and never would go public or even like to go public. Here every taxi driver, who does not drive off with a forgotten bag, gets celebrated like a hero. Weird.....MS>

This seems to be the way they like to do things here. No problem, if you like it, feel good. If you are bored by it, move on to the next page.

18 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

BUT why do these stories get so much publicity and are pasted allover the local press???

Because this is a buddhist country . Returning a valuable item is looked upon as a good deed. 

2 hours ago, moonseeker said:

that kind of story should get even more publicity !

Do you really want to focus on the bad and evil things only?

If you do, you will in time forget the good things and you will get a very biased view of life.

Did you watch that in reality it's the stories of crime and accidents and injustice that are pasted all over the press? Relation probably 99 : 1. Do you really believe life is 99 % crime and accidents and injustice and unhappiness and 1% happiness only?

Your post makes me suspect you are in this regretable state already

Edited by sweatalot

4 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Plenty of similar stories in the west get plastered over the local press. Google ''taxi driver returns money'' or ''homeless man reward'' :coffee1:

Main difference that I spot is that these lowly Thais gave the guy a job, in the west the "good samaritan" usually starts a crowd funding thing as they're too cheap to part with their own cash:whistling:

7 hours ago, SABloke said:

Plenty of similar stories in the west get plastered over the local press. Google ''taxi driver returns money'' or ''homeless man reward'' :coffee1:

Main difference that I spot is that these lowly Thais gave the guy a job, in the west the "good samaritan" usually starts a crowd funding thing as they're too cheap to part with their own cash:whistling:

The Thais are not lowly. Maybe some are less well off.

If he wanted a job and house he wouldn't be homeless......not long until he is indebted and out on the streets again....sorry to say but reality sucks....always a reason why someone is out on the streets...

Edited by AlQaholic

It is nice to hear good news. I honestly hope this guy appreciates the new job that he has and takes this opportunity to better his life.

Many homeless people in Thailand are homeless because of substance abuse and I hope if that is the case here that this guy can put all of that behind him and live up to the opportunity given to him.

12 hours ago, sweatalot said:

that kind of story should get even more publicity !

Do you really want to focus on the bad and evil things only?

If you do, you will in time forget the good things and you will get a very biased view of life.

Did you watch that in reality it's the stories of crime and accidents and injustice that are pasted all over the press? Relation probably 99 : 1. Do you really believe life is 99 % crime and accidents and injustice and unhappiness and 1% happiness only?

Your post makes me suspect you are in this regretable state already

I agree, its not like we read these stories everyday. Instead we get multiple crime stories daily...its not as if crime stories make the society any happier.

Plus in the West, espeically in the US, there are stories like this everyday...so its no different than in Thailand

15 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Funny isn't it. Thais do something wrong and people are all over them on TV with such negative posts. Now comes along a happier story and some absolute morons still find a way to turn it around to sound like a publicity stunt. I say well fella and I hope you get laished with whatever you need. To the negativity freaks I hope you get all you DESERVE

19 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

It is a nice story. Many people in his situation and many in better circumstances wouldn't have returned the wallet, and I'm not just talking about Thais.

I agree

However, you would never find a solitary dishonest TV member. Given that, having read their posts over many a year, realise these are such fine upstanding people. The salt of the earth. The pillar of society that have never tread off the path of honesty. I made this synopsis whilst analysing if I had the right to follow in their contemporary footsteps. Corporatised, sanitised men that rarely has one the occasion to question his identity. 

Anyway, good morning to all :coffee1:

16 hours ago, invogue said:

Does anyone know where money can be sent to him?

I want to send him some baht too.

I don't but you should capture your feeling and go out, right this moment, find a homeless person and create another good story. 

17 hours ago, invogue said:

Does anyone know where money can be sent to him?

I want to send him some baht too.

well done. i think if community can involve to help out in such cases, there will be one lesser destitute on the road.

just goes to show that all is not lost with humanity. there are some people who make others' day even at a loss to themselves. but rewards have many different ways as proven in this case. he has been rewarded with a lease to a new life.