British Embassy Personnel Visit Pattaya

webfact

British Embassy Personnel Visit Pattaya

by Pattaya One Team

uk.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Ms Margaret Tang, British Charge D’Affaires, arrived in Pattaya today with British Embassy Personnel to discuss and review security measures for British visitors and residents of Pattaya.

Mr Chananpong Sriwises, Assistant District Chief Officer, welcomed the group at the Pattaya Provincial Court.

During the meeting Ms Tang asked about the safety measures provided for British nationals and was given a review of the CCTV installations around the city.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/230378/british-embassy-personnel-visit-pattaya/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-19

"The purpose of this visit is not immediately clear."

The last line in the article explains all.

I have no doubt the entourage also had a stimulating incident free ride on a couple of jetski followed by a very fresh, good value seafood meal on Walking St, visited a couple of inexpensive karaoke bars, had pleasant converstions with security staff and walked home along  Beach road at 03:00 (whilst admiring each others recently purchased 5 baht gold chains) without incident.

Meanwhile in the real world.......

I am sure they are aware of the many safety issues in Pattaya without stepping out of the Embassy.

• Beatings up by bar doormen.
  • Continued muggings by LadyBoy gangs.
  • Boat collisions and sinking.
  • The Jetski scam.
  • Baht Bus and Taxis over charging.
  • all the other robberies, beatings up and murders, etc...

Even the mistreatment of prisoners down at Soi 9.

They have never done anything in the past other than put warnings on the Embassy website so what will make this trip any different???

Yes a wast of money that will come from inflated consulate fees and the British tax payers pockets. 

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

I am sure they are aware of the many safety issues in Pattaya without stepping out of the Embassy.

• Beatings up by bar doormen.
  • Continued muggings by LadyBoy gangs.
  • Boat collisions and sinking.
  • The Jetski scam.
  • Baht Bus and Taxis over charging.
  • all the other robberies, beatings up and murders, etc...

Even the mistreatment of prisoners down at Soi 9.

They have never done anything in the past other than put warnings on the Embassy website so what will make this trip any different???

Yes a wast of money that will come from inflated consulate fees and the British tax payers pockets. 

Yes but they enjoyed a rather lovely slap up lunch and had a jolly good old sing song on the way back with plenty of refreshments. All paid for by those great unclean taxpayer types who always moan on about crap Embassy and Consular services.

And they can tick the box for visits now. Back home to the club and some good old freebies.

So they did not actually meet any local expats just the local court officials. Nasty job but somebody has to find out about all these cameras and lifeguards, neither of which seem to work very well,  I wonder if they actually asked any questions or just took notes about what they were told. 

Another box ticked for the OBE I guess