Ford Everest Thailand Model - No Tyre Pressure Sensor?

Yes ...but they are only flat at the bottom and the bottom of the tyre isn't always at the bottom so that is okay.

Anyway in 9 months mine haven't needed any 'top up' ...I won't mention that they contain almost 100% N2 ...

Actually tyre pressure sensors don't measure the pressure ....as the wheels rotate it is so difficult to keep the pressure gauge on.

The system works by comparing the rotational speed of each wheel ...google will explain it to you ...

There are systems that have a sender attached but the method that I have experienced is the rotational speed one

Edited by JAS21

13 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yes ...but they are only flat at the bottom and the bottom of the tyre isn't always at the bottom so that is okay.

Anyway in 9 months mine haven't needed any 'top up' ...I won't mention that they contain almost 100% N2 ...

Actually tyre pressure sensors don't measure the pressure ....as the wheels rotate it is so difficult to keep the pressure gauge on.

The system works by comparing the rotational speed of each wheel ...google will explain it to you ...

Don't wish to seem pedantic, but I have an electronic pressure/temp: gauge fitted to my Spivo the censers are an internal part of the new valve set up they have to fit.

It gives a readout on each wheel clock wise every 8/10 seconds or so moving or stationary. Makes your rotation bit a little questionable.

Also gives you an audible warning and informs you what wheel has the problem. It does that by showing all the wheels on the internal gauge with the problematic one flashing. 

That's if you have a sudden decrease in pressure or tyre has gained extra heat. The heat bit none to sure about but that's what it says on the box.

Not standard on Toyota optional extra about 5.000bt???

No doubt it can be fitted to Ford or any car come to that.

N/B is it accurate I have found it's spot on every time. Still plodding on after 7 years.

Before anyone says waste of monies I got it for free.

2 hours ago, angryfarang said:

The  Australian manual shows a tyre pressure warning system.

I've just changed the tyres on mine and there is no sensor attached to the rear of the tyre valve inside.

Well then you don't have it.

Sorry cant take a snap not taking the tyre off but it's a oblong silver metal block about 1"/1.3/4" by 1/2 "??? thick.

Please don't ask in metric.

Each valve has an outside colour code strip/toggle. Blue Red Yellow Green. 

If you change the wheels and replace in a different place then the in car gauge will tell you lies.

It will tell you in sequence what the pressure is but not in the correct place as it reads the sensors in order of how they transmit signal.

IE If you have changed the rear to the front it will tell you you have problem with the rear when in fact it'll be a front one. Whatever it will tell you if you have a problem, and what the pressure temp: is in each tyre. If they all read what they should be cold your sorted.

Answer to that is don't change wheels around. Or learn to read the colour sequence. 

I don't change as have permanent 4x4.

Edited by fredob43
Change their to they as cant spell.

34 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Well then you don't have it.

Sorry cant take a snap not taking the tyre off but it's a oblong silver metal block about 1"/1.3/4" by 1/2 "??? thick.

Please don't ask in metric.

Each valve has an outside colour code strip/toggle. Blue Red Yellow Green. 

If you change the wheels and replace in a different place then the in car gauge will tell you lies.

It will tell you in sequence what the pressure is but not in the correct place as it reads the sensors in order of how they transmit signal.

IE If you have changed the rear to the front it will tell you you have problem with the rear when in fact it'll be a front one. Whatever it will tell you if you have a problem, and what the pressure temp: is in each tyre. If they all read what they should be cold your sorted.

Answer to that is don't change wheels around. Or learn to read the colour sequence. 

I don't change as have permanent 4x4.

Have just looked up (tire pressure monitoring system Toyota) on Google. If you do likewise and scroll down to Amazon Dorman 974-033 it'll give you an idea of what the sensors look like.

Not quite the same set up as mine but you'll get the drift.

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Don't wish to seem pedantic, but I have an electronic pressure/temp: gauge fitted to my Spivo the censers are an internal part of the new valve set up they have to fit.

It gives a readout on each wheel clock wise every 8/10 seconds or so moving or stationary. Makes your rotation bit a little questionable.

Not questionable at all.  There are systems that monitor wheel speed instead of tyre pressure.  They also work fine as long as they are reset correctly when tyres are inflated.  

22 minutes ago, Jitar said:

Not questionable at all.  There are systems that monitor wheel speed instead of tyre pressure.  They also work fine as long as they are reset correctly when tyres are inflated.  

The OP was about pressure or lack of, not wheel speed.

I stand by my questionable as they have to be reset 'every time' they are inflated.

They are also not as accurate. As the system Toyota or Ford use or don't here as the case maybe.

I'll stick to checking the old way, with my tyre pressure gauge once a week. :)

I also have those coloured psi caps that turn from green to yellow to red as they tyre pressure goes under a set limit.  Very handy for a quick lookaround..   hell, even works on my wife's bike. :)

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Also gives you an audible warning and informs you what wheel has the problem. It does that by showing all the wheels on the internal gauge with the problematic one flashing. 

That's if you have a sudden decrease in pressure or tyre has gained extra heat. The heat bit none to sure about but that's what it says on the box.

Not standard on Toyota optional extra about 5.000bt???

No doubt it can be fitted to Ford or any car come to that.

N/B is it accurate I have found it's spot on every time. Still plodding on after 7 years.

Before anyone says waste of monies I got it for free.

Did the first three paragraphs look a series reply ... sorry

Edited by JAS21

11 minutes ago, angryfarang said:

I'll stick to checking the old way, with my tyre pressure gauge once a week. :)

I also have those coloured psi caps that turn from green to yellow to red as they tyre pressure goes under a set limit.  Very handy for a quick lookaround..   hell, even works on my wife's bike. :)

Agree but it wont tell you if you have a problem whilst your traveling along at 100KPH+

8 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Did the first three paragraphs look a series reply ... sorry

No it didn't but thought I would put a post in just in case some others didn't get your humour.

Your set up by the way is Indirect TPMS the one that should be fitted like Toyota and Ford is direct TPMS. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Boring I know but now others have it.

Off out for dinner now. If only I hadn't started replying in the first place could have been enjoying same as I tap.

Today I received, from Ford, a letter written in english with a copy written in thai, in a packet with a new Thai Handbook!! The letter basically said bin the old copy. Pity they didn't send an english manual.

On page 267 1st paragraph Mrs Jas tells me that it says that a warning light illuminates on the instrument panel if one tyre pressure is low. It also probably says if fitted.

I will ask my friendly Ford mechanic and let you guys know what he says...

Edited by JAS21

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JAS21 said:

No... do not have in Thailand ...same as they don't use that 'blue stuff' ...the filling point next to fuel filling point

Only a few will get that, the Diesel No Smell and Ice up  additive pump at US gas stations do you mean JAS. ?.

All I know about the stuf is that is not some go faster rubbish cleaner,and if the pump is empty Truckies have to buy it in the Shop,heaving to wait behind shoppers can any them.it does stop freezing and polution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 20/08/2016 at 6:23 PM, JAS21 said:

Today I received, from Ford, a letter written in english with a copy written in thai, in a packet with a new Thai Handbook!! The letter basically said bin the old copy. Pity they didn't send an english manual.

On page 267 1st paragraph Mrs Jas tells me that it says that a warning light illuminates on the instrument panel if one tyre pressure is low. It also probably says if fitted.

I will ask my friendly Ford mechanic and let you guys know what he says...

I got one for the Ranger too. Still waiting for the English version from Ford, so luckily I got an electronic copy and had the local print shop put it together for me (not that I've ever used it).

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Do you buy in Wife's name ?.ive buy in mine and get an English Book every time.Nissan Chevy Honda and Toyo

Yes. It took the threat of castration from the missus to get the umbrella that was promised from the salesman. She told me that she will only deal with the idiots in Chiang Mai when she has to go in for a service, otherwise she's not interested until we move back to Udon.

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Do you buy in Wife's name ?.ive buy in mine and get an English Book every time.Nissan Chevy Honda and Toyo

I'm not sure there is a printed english manual available for the Thai version. The dealer promished me a cd of an english manual...still waiting...like others I have the Aussie pdf.

I'm not sure there is a printed english manual available for the Thai version. The dealer promished me a cd of an english manual...still waiting...like others I have the Aussie pdf.

There is. It covers vehicles sold in SEA.

One of the guys on the Ford Forums Com Au can get hold of them. He told me to keep his nik off public forums so pm me if you can't find a manual on there. I think the Aussie one is already online somewhere - didn't IMHO post a link to it on here about a year ago?

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

• 2 weeks later...

I've just fitted FOBO Tire to my EV.  It's a Bluetooth TPMS.  Lockable sensors that go on the tire valve, in-car unit to join them all together and then a display on your Android or Apple device.  Works like a dream. 

Obviously useless if you haven't got a smartphone, however... Although I think it can link up with some navigators.

https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOTIRE

56 minutes ago, mangrovevens said:

I've just fitted FOBO Tire to my EV.  It's a Bluetooth TPMS.  Lockable sensors that go on the tire valve, in-car unit to join them all together and then a display on your Android or Apple device.  Works like a dream. 

Obviously useless if you haven't got a smartphone, however... Although I think it can link up with some navigators.

Nothing wrong with that system, except you have to faff about with a smart phone to get any info.

May I suggest if your going to the agro of buying a set up that works in car 24/7 you get a Toyota one (fit's any make of car) You'll then get a read out anytime the lump is switched on.

Also tells you via an audible buzzing if you have a sudden deflation whilst on the move something your smart phone doesn't.

All this is accomplished by just looking at gauge mounted at the top of the screen. See snap. It shows you what tyre is applicable by flashing, alas the snap I took doesn't as wrong time of flash, but you'll get the idea.

IMGP0010.JPG

7 hours ago, mangrovevens said:

Did you have the wheels re-balanced or is the extra weight no problem.

10 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Nothing wrong with that system, except you have to faff about with a smart phone to get any info.

May I suggest if your going to the agro of buying a set up that works in car 24/7 you get a Toyota one (fit's any make of car) You'll then get a read out anytime the lump is switched on.

Also tells you via an audible buzzing if you have a sudden deflation whilst on the move something your smart phone doesn't.

All this is accomplished by just looking at gauge mounted at the top of the screen. See snap. It shows you what tyre is applicable by flashing, alas the snap I took doesn't as wrong time of flash, but you'll get the idea.

IMGP0010.JPG

There's too much of a '90s vibe going on with the unit and display for me and there's also the issue of putting Toyota branded tech into a Ford...!? ;)

Edited by mangrovevens