Student/Education Visa

Can anyone help me with this please?

My daughter is here in Thailand currently on a Tourist Visa.  She wants to learn Thai and has applied to a school in Bangkok.  I am advised by Thai Immigration that she will have to leave the country and apply for  a student visa from outside Thailand when/if she is approved as a student and gets a contract.

1. Where is the best Thai immigration office to apply from outside Thailand if she is travelling from Bangkok (Hopefully she will be able to complete everything in 1 or 2 days)?

2.  What documentation will she require?

Thank you.

Hypothetically you can do this at any Thai embassy, but I suggest doing your research first. Laos is probably the most hassle free place in the area. If it's a good school, they should provide her with all the needed documents or inform her of what she needs to acquire.

There are no Thai immigration offices outside of the country.

She will will be applying for a single entry non-ed visa at a nearby Thai embassy or consulate. She will will need paperwork supplied by the school.

Penang Malaysia, Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos are good locations for her to apply.

Thank you.

I researched a useful website to try to find the best way and the best place.  it advised against Laos and favoured Penang Malaysia as the best option, travelling by the night sleeper train from Bangkok.  That seems to be the least expensive, least hassle, cheapest and fun way to travel.