Five senior policemen sent to inactive posts after nightclub raid

webfact

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ok, I don't get this inactive post thingy, and why any police office will stop

doing the wrong things that they do if all they're going to reprimanded

and punished with, is to do some clerical work and than back to normal?

has this fact eluded the top brass? the fact that there's no deterrent what so ever

for any policeman to do his job diligently and honestly?

Put to an inactive post is the automatic thing that happens in all businesses.

There is a process and investigation that must be carried out before a person can be fired, punished or worse.

It is either leave them in the position that they are and let them interfere or take them out of the way put them in a dead end job until after the investigation.

An example of this is if you look at the police in any country US, UK, Canada et al if a policeman shoots or discharges their gun they immediately have to go in front of a review board.  This means that they lose their weapon and must be taken out of the field.  Once a decision has been made to whether it was a good shooting or whether they broke the law that is the next step.

Just look at the cops in the US with all the shooting and issues.  You can't fire them but you have to do something until the investigation is over.  Remember you have to still pay them.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Put to an inactive post is the automatic thing that happens in all businesses.

There is a process and investigation that must be carried out before a person can be fired, punished or worse.

It is either leave them in the position that they are and let them interfere or take them out of the way put them in a dead end job until after the investigation.

An example of this is if you look at the police in any country US, UK, Canada et al if a policeman shoots or discharges their gun they immediately have to go in front of a review board.  This means that they lose their weapon and must be taken out of the field.  Once a decision has been made to whether it was a good shooting or whether they broke the law that is the next step.

Just look at the cops in the US with all the shooting and issues.  You can't fire them but you have to do something until the investigation is over.  Remember you have to still pay them.

Hope this helps.

At last...someone talking some sense. In ALL western countries it is the equivalent of "suspended on full pay" whilst an investigation goes on because, well you know, there is a thing called innocent until proven guilty. It is especially important in places like the police where intimidation and evidence tampering can happen if the suspect is still in the same police station. 

You armchair judges with your "string em high" mentality might want to keep that in mind before you go dissing a perfectly reasonable system that is pretty much the same throughout the world. 

P.S. I do think more information should be published about what happens to these people though. I think some of the issue is that all you hear is the "moved to inactive post" with nothing thereafter. 

45 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

"...ordered to inactive posts after a raid at a local nightclub uncovered evidence of human trafficking."

Did I miss something here? Can someone tell me what they did wrong (well, other than raiding a place that could be owned or at least paying off higher ups in police chow line)? Is this the new crackdown on human trafficking? "We will make them pay double protection!"

Seems that you missed quite a lot. The point is they didn't raid the clubs, army personnel and other authorities made the raid.  If they had raided those clubs they wouldn't be in inactive posts now.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

has this fact eluded the top brass? the fact that there's no deterrent what so ever

Totally agree! Instead of the Inactive Post where they get paid for nothing, just sack the lot of them.

Also, after weeks of ongoing updates to the TV site, why is it that in order to get the " QUOTE" button to work, I have to open the page in Internet Explorer, a now outdated browser, as the " QUOTE" button does absolutely NOTHING in EDGE.

3 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

Also, after weeks of ongoing updates to the TV site, why is it that in order to get the " QUOTE" button to work, I have to open the page in Internet Explorer, a now outdated browser, as the " QUOTE" button does absolutely NOTHING in EDGE.

My quote button works perfectly and I don't go anywhere near IE.  Try Mozilla.

2 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

No corrupt Thai will find against another corrupt Thai for being corrupt. It's the same as no Thai soldier finding another Thai soldier corrupt.

Oh. Sorry. I forgot the investigation into Corruption Par in Hua Hin. So you probably knew about that already...

Winnie

Yes it's the house of cards, it's a very unstable fragile situation and it only stands up if they all stick together.

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Have no idea what country you come from, but before you start about the number of generals in the Thai army, it might be interesting to find out the number of generals in your own country's army.

Or any other country's.

And what they are all doing besides the claimed function.....

Last time I checked, about 4 years ago, the entire Thai military personnel was about equal to the total of U.S. Marines, our smallest military body.   Yet, Thailand has OVER 10 TIMES  the total number of U.S. military generals, for all combines forces.  So, before you berate him about "information", you might try getting some yourself. 

1 hour ago, Minnehaha said:

as a manager, I can guess what the inactive post might be about.

I have fired employees for all kinds of things. 

But lets say you have an employee who has worked for 8 or 9 years. If you terminate them there are consequences. Internal politics aside, if the person has broken rules or laws or not you can expect you will be called into labor court. The severance for an employee working this long is about 1 month salary for each year = 30,000 Baht becomes 300,000 payout. 

If you have to get rid of someone, one way is to make life very embarrassing or annoying for them. Make them sign in and out at a desk in front of junior staff. Give them a lateral move... new title... and then give them nothing to do but paper folding or something. They are forced to sit at their desk and do nothing. This will force most people to look for another job and leave the firm on their own. Maybe that is what the police are doing ? 

That is what I've been told.

Apparently not even paper to fold. Just an empty desk and a chair, and nobody talks to them for fear of being associated.

Not sure how many could handle that for months on end.

That is what I've been told.

Apparently not even paper to fold. Just an empty desk and a chair, and nobody talks to them for fear of being associated.

Not sure how many could handle that for months on end.

I have been handling something like this for 4 years and you are right. Its mentally torturing but also mentally toughening. So i have decided to whistle blow next month and send management to jail. :)

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Maybe the payoff money did not have a trickle up effect??

3 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I wish I could get a inactive post in my company.

Seems very normal here, also the no's of generals in the armed forced is staggering, many don't do anything but are busy conducting own business interests.

Its not the number of generals thats staggering its the number of fluffers, groomers and BuBys they are entitled to. The higher the rank the more gofers. Must be hard for the general to move at times. They all want their turn to. Its a cultural thing.

They should be fired but they won't be because connections to special people make crime unpunishable! Civil servants are free to be corrupt forever! It's Thainess, the Thai way approved by the chosen ones.  Military men murder people under them and they even get promotions. One of the many reasons Thailand needs a social enema as seen in other nations.

1 hour ago, Alive said:

They should be fired but they won't be because connections to special people make crime unpunishable! Civil servants are free to be corrupt forever! It's Thainess, the Thai way approved by the chosen ones.  Military men murder people under them and they even get promotions. One of the many reasons Thailand needs a social enema as seen in other nations.

And a sec retary of State can have her own personal server not worry about the country, be proven incompetent as far as security goes.  Involved in numerous shady practices that have had legal issues, Lie to the people adn still get elected.

SORRY FOLKS BUT BEFORE YOU START SLAMMING THAIALDN

people need to look at their own countries.

Corruption is inn every country.

Just little more finessed in others.

Would love to see the look on your face when some random cop comes to your job, knowing little about it, starts handing out punishments for various transgressions and fixing your procedures. Typical. No wonder things....oh never mind. Continue.

Assignment to an inactive post is something equivalent to suspension.   There are time honored traditions and principles in the west called 'due process' and 'innocent until proven guilty'.   There is nothing wrong with the inactive post assignment.... it is par for the course in many nations, including western ones.   It is the ultimate prosecution and finding of guilt that is the problem here.   Just my two cents.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

3 hours ago, animatic said:

Actually very simple.

They are removed from the upstream Tea Money disbursement chain. Their share goes to immediate superior,  if he's not removed, or their acting replacement.

Debts will grow, image grows no more. Mia noi gets retired.

They are put where they can be closely monitored, phones tapped, and kept from trying to cash in on the chaos, or plant evidence making them look innocent.

Lastly, it may seem minor to us, but to a Thai with 'increasing official standing' it is a major loss of face. And a signal that the upward moves at best are slowed, at worst end or go downward.

A soul scourging reversal of fortune and face gained over years.

Probably true, but it's hardly the equivalent of going to prison.

Thais do not like firing Thais because they may at some point be in a position to hurt them; or they have friends who can. It really is that simple, not complicated at all.

Winnie

44 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

And a sec retary of State can have her own personal server not worry about the country, be proven incompetent as far as security goes.  Involved in numerous shady practices that have had legal issues, Lie to the people adn still get elected.

SORRY FOLKS BUT BEFORE YOU START SLAMMING THAIALDN

people need to look at their own countries.

Corruption is inn every country.

Just little more finessed in others.

But we are not talking about another country. The board is called THAI visa for a reason.