Five senior policemen sent to inactive posts after nightclub raid

webfact

Five senior policemen sent to inactive posts after nightclub raid

p2.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Five senior policemen at Bangkok's Bang Seu station have been ordered to inactive posts after a raid at a local nightclub uncovered evidence of human trafficking.

The orders for the transfers came from the metropolitan police's region two commander yesterday and requires that the officers do clerical duties at HQ while an investigation into their conduct is carried out at the station, reported Sanook.

Transferred were Seksit Supha-uan, Phichit Korporakitngam, Suksan Upphrajan, Natnarit Ratanaburi and Manoon Koomuang who all held senior posts at the station. Panudech Sukhuang was brought in as chief to replace them while the investigation is carried out.

A raiding party of soldiers and human rights groups found foreign sex workers in a nightclub in Sam Sen Nai, Phayathai on Thursday. 

The nightclub is in the jurisdiction of Bang Seu police station and it is suspected that officers there knew what was going on.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-22

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..requires that the officers do clerical duties at HQ while an investigation into their conduct is carried out...

Clerical duties?   Maybe that means it gives them the free time to calculate profits made while at the Bang Sue station.

Ok, I don't get this inactive post thingy, and why any police office will stop

doing the wrong things that they do if all they're going to reprimanded

and punished with, is to do some clerical work and than back to normal?

has this fact eluded the top brass? the fact that there's no deterrent what so ever

for any policeman to do his job diligently and honestly?

14 minutes ago, ezzra said:

has this fact eluded the top brass? the fact that there's no deterrent what so ever

I don't know.  I imagine it's tough to live on a "behind the desk" salary without getting out and supplementing it in the field.

The BiB that are sent to inactive posts are hardly being punished. Nice cushy number sitting around the office all day bullshitting, playing games on their phones, checking facebook. In other words, just another regular day for them...:whistling:

No corrupt Thai will find against another corrupt Thai for being corrupt. It's the same as no Thai soldier finding another Thai soldier corrupt.

Oh. Sorry. I forgot the investigation into Corruption Par in Hua Hin. So you probably knew about that already...

Winnie

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

I don't know.  I imagine it's tough to live on a "behind the desk" salary without getting out and supplementing it in the field.

I think you imagine correctly. Being removed from the distribution lists would cause considerable hardship when they have established their lifestyle around an income from regular monthly "protection" money and a whole range of other income streams (rackets) that would be available to them. I can even visualise there could be some anxiety and friction within the family home when mummy bear has less to live and some of her creature comforts dry up.

Even worse the the policeman himself might have personal suffering as a result of losing his allocation of off-duty freebies in these pleasure houses simply because he no longer has any power over them. His replacement therapy and excitement looks like playing Pokemon in the inactive office.

22 minutes ago, merlin2002 said:

The BiB that are sent to inactive posts are hardly being punished. Nice cushy number sitting around the office all day bullshitting, playing games on their phones, checking facebook. In other words, just another regular day for them...:whistling:

But normally without the daily extra income, and once removed from the front line the little ongoing weekly / monthly supplements will also probably reduce trickle. 

We are going to meet out massive punishment, to all policemen who are found to be corrupt, and in dereliction of their duties. Does anyone remember who said this a couple of years ago? Hint. He is a very, very little man, who says ridiculous things almost every time he opens his mouth, and is constantly embarrassing his nation, and sabotaging the tourism industry with the hurtful things he says. Figured it out yet?

So, the punishment in this case, is transfer to a desk post, at full salary, and all of the benefits that come with having the badge. Because we do not think human trafficking is all that serious. Right? 

Unfortunately, until we see the first of these senior officers, if found guilty of the charges against them, going through the due process of the law and answering fully to those charges, then nothing is going to change.

This inactive post rubbish needs to be binned and the police force dragged into the 21st century.

If the stand-in PM wants to really make a name for himself, make the changes. If he cannot change the system by amending the law, then use his favourite article 44 to ensure justice is done and impress the masses at the same time.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Actually very simple.

They are removed from the upstream Tea Money disbursement chain. Their share goes to immediate superior,  if he's not removed, or their acting replacement.

Debts will grow, image grows no more. Mia noi gets retired.

They are put where they can be closely monitored, phones tapped, and kept from trying to cash in on the chaos, or plant evidence making them look innocent.

Lastly, it may seem minor to us, but to a Thai with 'increasing official standing' it is a major loss of face. And a signal that the upward moves at best are slowed, at worst end or go downward.

A soul scourging reversal of fortune and face gained over years.

Edited by animatic
Spelling

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I wish I could get a inactive post in my company.

Seems very normal here, also the no's of generals in the armed forced is staggering, many don't do anything but are busy conducting own business interests.

Have no idea what country you come from, but before you start about the number of generals in the Thai army, it might be interesting to find out the number of generals in your own country's army.

Or any other country's.

And what they are all doing besides the claimed function.....

Edited by hansnl

"...ordered to inactive posts after a raid at a local nightclub uncovered evidence of human trafficking."

Did I miss something here? Can someone tell me what they did wrong (well, other than raiding a place that could be owned or at least paying off higher ups in police chow line)? Is this the new crackdown on human trafficking? "We will make them pay double protection!"

7 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Have no idea what country you come from, but before you start about the number of generals in the Thai army, it might be interesting to find out the number of generals in your own country's army.

Or any other country's.

And what they are all doing besides the claimed function.....

Do you have some examples please?

as a manager, I can guess what the inactive post might be about.

I have fired employees for all kinds of things. 

But lets say you have an employee who has worked for 8 or 9 years. If you terminate them there are consequences. Internal politics aside, if the person has broken rules or laws or not you can expect you will be called into labor court. The severance for an employee working this long is about 1 month salary for each year = 30,000 Baht becomes 300,000 payout. 

If you have to get rid of someone, one way is to make life very embarrassing or annoying for them. Make them sign in and out at a desk in front of junior staff. Give them a lateral move... new title... and then give them nothing to do but paper folding or something. They are forced to sit at their desk and do nothing. This will force most people to look for another job and leave the firm on their own. Maybe that is what the police are doing ? 

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Perhaps it was copied from the UK and North America where that happens on a regular basis.

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I wish I could get a inactive post in my company.

Seems very normal here, also the no's of generals in the armed forced is staggering, many don't do anything but are busy conducting own business interests.

it is end of line job. sure you want it.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

An inactive position is a huge deterrent to an officer who has been in an advantageous position.

57 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We are going to meet out massive punishment, to all policemen who are found to be corrupt, and in dereliction of their duties. Does anyone remember who said this a couple of years ago? Hint. He is a very, very little man, who says ridiculous things almost every time he opens his mouth, and is constantly embarrassing his nation, and sabotaging the tourism industry with the hurtful things he says. Figured it out yet?

So, the punishment in this case, is transfer to a desk post, at full salary, and all of the benefits that come with having the badge. Because we do not think human trafficking is all that serious. Right? 

Did you deliberately ignore this part of the report?..." while an investigation into their conduct is carried out..."