Nonthaburi school girl not abducted - caught out in a lie

webfact

Nonthaburi school girl not abducted - caught out in a lie

p1.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The seventeen year old Nonthaburi student who said she was abducted by three men on her way to school on Friday was lying.

She had in fact been picked up by a male IT teacher from her school and was being taken to the Satri Nonthaburi school.

The teacher has admitted that he was "close" to the student but they were not involved in a relationship. He said that he had been taking her to school for a year in his Mitsubishi Pajero. 

He has been moved to clerical duties at the education department while an investigation tries to get to the full truth in the matter.

The M6 (Year 12) girl, named only as "Nat" claimed on Sunday that she had been forced into a Toyota Fortuner on her way to school Friday near the pier at Nonthaburi. 

She said that she had been driven off by three men but had managed to escape the car when it did a U-Turn. She said that she had been kicked out of the vehicle after she had got her foot out of the door.

Police immediately began an investigation but found that it was all lies. At the area where there was a U-Turn they saw on CCTV that the girl got out of the car - in reality a Pajero - of her own free will.

Investigating officer Susak Prakkamakun of the Nonthaburi police, the teacher, named by the school director as Natthapong, and the director Thanasit Siriworatham appeared at a press conference yesterday. 

Police said that the girl, her parents and social services would meet soon to talk about the matter - she may face charges of malicious reporting.

Director Thanasit later told sanook.com that the teacher had told him that he had been taking the student to school for a year. They met at the agreed place most days outside the Sri Bunyanon School - not the pier. 

The teacher said that he was close to the student after helping her with computer graphics but they did not have any other relationship other than teacher and student.

The teacher told the director that when they were in the car he got annoyed because she was playing on the Line application throughout the journey. 

He scolded her that she would ruin her eyesight and she got annoyed and said that she didn't want to go to school. She tried to get out of the car and he made a grab for her. 

He then parked and she did get out - something that was shown clearly on CCTV near the U-Turn on Phibunsongkram Road where Satri Nonthaburi school is located. There was no question of her being kicked or harmed in any way.

The teacher had said that the girl's parents knew she was being picked up by a teacher on the way to school but they did not know who it was who gave her a lift, said the director.

Thanasit said that the matter was being dealt with according to regulations. The teacher will be assigned clerical duties away from the school while a full investigation is carried out.

Sources: Sanook, Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-23

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

The teacher had said that the girl's parents knew she was being picked up by a teacher on the way to school but they did not know who it was who gave her a lift, said the director.

I believe that. Most parents have no idea who their children are with, where they are or what they are doing.

still a 17 year old acting like a 9 year old, i suppose the thai pervs will read something into this as usual, the parents knew a teacher was taking her to school, and now he wil probably lose his job, all because of a lieing little kids tantrum

6 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

still a 17 year old acting like a 9 year old, i suppose the thai pervs will read something into this as usual, the parents knew a teacher was taking her to school, and now he wil probably lose his job, all because of a lieing little kids tantrum

What else is bring lied about I wonder   ?

The parents knew a teacher was taking her to school but did they actually know who he was or was   '  a teacher  '  more than enough information for them   ?

She needs a good arse kicking and grounded for 6 months, no internet (school lessons only) no weekend outings, no friends visiting. The parents also need a bit of attitude adjustment as well. 

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

She needs a good arse kicking and grounded for 6 months, no internet (school lessons only) no weekend outings, no friends visiting. The parents also need a bit of attitude adjustment as well. 

You are such a softie.

Better still have her work with the people that clean the streets for 100 hours, work in an organization that assists the elderly and the poor.  Teach her that there is more to the world than what she wants.

12 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

You are such a softie.

Better still have her work with the people that clean the streets for 100 hours, work in an organization that assists the elderly and the poor.  Teach her that there is more to the world than what she wants.

It's not being a softie. Like all of us you have to understand the long standing cultural differences between Thailand and the west since the evolution of the intenet, Facebook, Line and soaps. 

Much better if her parents instructed her to take up some form of exercise and then perhaps she might be able to walk to school and not put teachers jobs at risk for just helping her,that is if that is the real reason she was getting a lift in the first place.Its so easy to surmise when it comes to a situation like this and then perhaps the parents realise how little they know of the childrens activaties.I can only relate to my own school days,it would be unheard of anyone of us accepting a lift from anyone, teacher or other,no way.It would only happen one time thats a dead cert.

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

so why did she say she had been abducted?

According to the teacher she was annoyed with him for ticking  her off using Line too much. She had already had 2 parents, maybe she didn't want a third or maybe he was becoming too forward which put her off him.

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Why was he taking her to school? Why did the parents not know who he was?

It seems to be ok to lie in Thailand as long as you can avoid confessing to any wrongdoing my wife says as a child she was never scolded for telling a lie, if I was caught lying by my parents I got a right hot arse and grounded and to this day I still never tell lies if I am asked a question I will tell the truth, have learned over the years tell a lie and you then have to tell a bigger lie and eventually you will get caught out being a liar and only bring shame and humiliation on yourself. Unless of course you are a politician then its only classified as an untruth, not a lie.       

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

You are such a softie.

"Better still have her work with the people that clean the streets for 100 hours, work in an organization that assists the elderly and the poor. "

My god man, give your head a shake.   ;) That sort of cruel and unusual punishment is the type of sentence that young ladies driving Hondas and killing 9 people have to consider accepting.

This lass merely annoyed her chauffeur or school guardian.

For his sake, I hope he gets reinstated at his job and an apology is given by the female student and her parents for causing him so much embarrassment.

Edited by ratcatcher