Surprise-New Retirement Ext. Requirement in Phuket

I went to Phuket Immigration today for my annual retirement extension. I was well prepared but wait, that morning Phuket Immigration had received a new requirement from HQ- a picture of me standing in front of my residence with, Most Important, the residence number clearly visible in the picture with me. Really, you're kidding, no. This requirement was effective immediately.

I learned long ago to keep my opinion to myself so off I went back home to take said picture. Fortunately, my residence is one of the few that actually does have its street number clearly visible. Picture taken, printed and then delivered back to Phuket Immigration. Otherwise, the process went smoothly and quickly, with my passport being available to be picked up tomorrow after 1:00 pm.

However, seriously, what benefit does this picture have for Immigration? Next I predict, they will be making visits to the designated residence like they do for marriage extensions. Good grief.

• Like 1

Well, at some point all this information that is already collected along with the new will be used in bad way.  Now somebody can tell exactly how much money you have (depending on what you put on those bank information forms), make an assessment if you are worth robbing or kidnapping or extorting, will know exactly what your apartment or condo or house looks like etc.  Just me imagineering

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

What do condo residents do?  A picture of their condo unit door with the unit number?  Do many condos have their street address number posted on the front of the building?

Maybe they only do this to people without some sort of rental contract to show them , if you own a condo a proof of ownership should be enough.  

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wpcoe said:

What do condo residents do?  A picture of their condo unit door with the unit number?  Do many condos have their street address number posted on the front of the building?

What we did and this was accepted (but please note this was for extension of stay based on Marriage) 1 picture outside of Condo door with the the unit number and one picture outside with the name of the Condo clearly visible.

• Like 2

I am on a retirement visa, have been for many years, but last year, for the first time, we were visited at home by immigration officers who wanted exactly that, a photo of my wife and I standing by the house number. I wonder if they will want the same pic again this year - I had better be prepared with one.

17 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

I am on a retirement visa, have been for many years, but last year, for the first time, we were visited at home by immigration officers who wanted exactly that, a photo of my wife and I standing by the house number. I wonder if they will want the same pic again this year - I had better be prepared with one.

What Immigration office?

17 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

Makes no sense having to have your wife in the picture, there is no requirement to be married for an extension of stay based on being over 50.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tails said:

i'm a non-b and have always been asked for a photo with the house number

i bought stick on numbers for my letterbox from home-maimee-pro

If you are on a Non-B, you would have no interaction with immigration, other than when you entered the country.

If you are on an extension of stay based on employment, then there really is no reason to have to provide a photo, unless your house is the registered address of the company that you work for.

• Like 1