Where to live on Thon Buri side?

Requiem

Hi!

I'm moving for 6-7 months to Bangkok in the end of September.

Want to rent a condo close to BTS on Thonburi side and need advice.

Is anyone living in that area? I'm thinking about condos near BTS Thon Buri or BTS Wongwian Yai, but don't know which one is better in terms of food and location. My budget is about 16,000 thb for rent.

How is that location in terms of noise? I used to live near BTS Phra Kanong last year on Sukhumvit and the noise from Sukhumvit main road was a bit too much. Maybe there's less traffic on Thon Buri road?

Any information about that area would be appreciated.

Regards,

Req

Krung Thon Buri is a business area....pretty dead for street food or market action.

Wongwian Yai is up and coming. Talat Phlu is pretty good with many brand new buildings just going up very near the BTS station. I live in Talat Phlu and find it pretty good, you have the Mall, easy access to BTS and bus lines and a decent street market right across from the Mall.

Krung Thonburi is a good place to live. I did for more than a year. BTS Krungthonburi has lots of great food at the bottom of the steps and soi 6 has lots of isan food and a big fresh and cooked food market at the end. Opposite on soi1 etc there are loads of small restaurants.

There is an Ideo, Hive, Q House and several other condos near to the BTS.