Police Chief Sanit warns "Fight Club" - go ahead on Saturday and we will arrest you

webfact

Police Chief Sanit warns "Fight Club" - go ahead on Saturday and we will arrest you

a4.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Commissioner Sanit Mahathavorn has warned a street fighting club that if plans to hold a series of boxing matches under an expressway in Bangkok go ahead on Saturday they will be arrested.

Sanit was speaking at the HQ of the metropolitan police on Wednesday after videos of the activities of "Fight Club Thailand" entered the public domain on Youtube, reported Daily News

The matches are believed to have taken place within the jurisdiction of the Bang Rak police in downtown Bangkok.

Signs in the area indicate the matches were scheduled for an area under an expressway between Hualampong and Sam Sen.

Sanit said that he was happy to give his blessing to boxing if the fights were above board and legal. 

This means applying for permission to the Thai sports council to hold fights under regulations laid out in the year 2000. 

Fights must be checked for suitability of venue and equipment while the boxers must be checked medically and there must be appropriate insurance in place.

Fight Club matches feature local fighters with just thin gloves and teeth guards scrapping it out in public venues.

Sanit said that if plans for the Fight Club event goes ahead Saturday they can expect immediate arrest. Dech Jaikla of the Boxing Council of Thailand said that the street fights were not boxing as laid down by the regulations governing the sport.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-25

4 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

At least these guys want to fight one to one. Maybe later it will turn into a gang bang fisticuffs 10 on one?

Gang Bang.

1The successive rape of one person by a group of people.

1.1 A sexual orgy involving changes of partner.

2 North American An instance of violence involving members of a criminal gang.

I trust you are refering to the North American definition of this phrase.

33 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Is this so that the fight club members can fight other prisoners? I'm under the impression that jail is a mighty tough place to be especially in Bangkok.

Thai prisons are relatively free of violence and in Bangkok the prisons have proper training facilities for those who want to fight.  The prisons are "mighty tough" in terms of inmates being deprived of liberty but that's about it.

Well l go along with the commissioner on this one if there's no approved gloves no checks or insurance and someone professionally trained wants some extra dosh, could be fatal.

Surely someone could provide proper venue for wanna be fighters.    

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Well l go along with the commissioner on this one if there's no approved gloves no checks or insurance and someone professionally trained wants some extra dosh, could be fatal.

Surely someone could provide proper venue for wanna be fighters.    

think you are right. if there is a market for the game, it could be developed into a sport like boxing or mui thai

14 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I think that they have these clubs in many cities around the world, big big money changes hands.

Illegal non licensed boxing is funded by gambling. That leads to the usual allegations / instances of rigged fights etc. Lots of the traveler community in the UK and Ireland get involved. 

Fighters risk being injured with little medical, insurance etc. 

There are plenty of fighting arts clubs and competitions with reputable trainers, rules, facilities and licenses for people who enjoy such activities. Don't be used to make others, who couldn't give  a <deleted> about your well being, money would be my advise to the competitors.

I'm sure they are aware they could get hurt when they fight. As long as they're fighting each other and not hurting anyone else, I say keep the hell out of it and let them beat each other to death, if that's what they they want to do; it's their right! None of my, your or anybody els's business. But, oh! they must have permission...a licence, the correct clothing, training, certificates, insurance, medical examinations and whatever other compulsory exploits the money-making opportunists have bought into it.

It's not like there's much in them worth saving. And the bearded farrang should be beaten severely and kicked out of the country, permanently, just for being a complete ******** moron!