Just not her week - Thai girl hit by double whammy of centipede bite and burglars

rooster59

Just not her week - Thai girl hit by double whammy of centipede bite and burglars

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxMS8yMDU1NzMwL3dkcWVkLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

It was just not her week. A Thai girl who rented a flat in Laem Chabang was unlucky on Wednesday when she was bitten on the neck by a large centipede. She was in agony and had to stay in hospital for two days and nights.

But when doctors said she could go home she returned to even worse trouble - her whole flat had been cleared out with the burglars not even leaving her the price of dinner.

The sad story did the rounds of social media on Friday with 13,000 shares of the hard luck story as netizens gave their support and encouragement to help her get over her problems.

Doctors had decided to keep her in hospital as she was bitten in a part of the body that can lead to complications. She was monitored closely but on Friday was finally allowed to go home.

She had left her room in a hurry on Wednesday in great pain leaving behind everything she owned though she did remember to lock the door.

It didn't matter. The thief or thieves had forced the door and she got back to a complete mess. Her hidden stash of money was gone along with items such as her iron, fan and picnic stove. She couldn't even buy herself dinner.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-27

Poor Thing that is rough for anyone...

As for the crooks I wish Thailand would take a stronger stance on these cretins

If they knew if caught they would lose a hand for stealing they might think twice

Same for the pedophiles except they would  lose their weapon instead of a hand

dont ya just love the "i'm all right" tossers on here, a lady friend of mine had 30,000 baht hid, about to pay her school fees and some toe rage broke into her flat and stole the lot. yep and i can see it now. some clown will come on here and say, "i bet she never had 30,000 in the first place" i was going to suggest make this site only for those who live here but they are probably the worst ones with their holier tha thou comments, now stand back. ??. any of you saddos been hit by burglars .? just hope it never happens to you OK

43 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

dont ya just love the "i'm all right" tossers on here, a lady friend of mine had 30,000 baht hid, about to pay her school fees and some toe rage broke into her flat and stole the lot. yep and i can see it now. some clown will come on here and say, "i bet she never had 30,000 in the first place" i was going to suggest make this site only for those who live here but they are probably the worst ones with their holier tha thou comments, now stand back. ??. any of you saddos been hit by burglars .? just hope it never happens to you OK

Maybe there was a good reason but why keep (probably) the equivalent of several months wages in cash in your flat. Did she not have a bank account?

5 hours ago, mania said:

If they knew if caught they would lose a hand for stealing they might think twice

happens only in saudi arabia

3 hours ago, monkey4u said:

On a bright note, I used to hide my money in the laundry basket with my dirty washing

I'm not sure about burglars but it was safe from my g/f  :lol:

generally they strike with some sort of tips or having done their homework.

5 hours ago, mania said:

nah,...punishments like this never deter somebody for doing wrong ! as they always think they are to smart to get caught !!

It's the same all over the world. the death penalty has never stopped some people from killing other people...

25 minutes ago, off road pat said:

nah,...punishments like this never deter somebody for doing wrong ! as they always think they are to smart to get caught !!

It's the same all over the world. the death penalty has never stopped some people from killing other people...

No it hasn't stopped people from killing people, but it sure puts an end to those who have already murdered some else, no chance of a repeat performance. 

I love how the article is written... post friday, post friday evening, wednesday, friday, wednesday.

But yes, thieves generally are expecting locked doors in the first place. Locked doors are merely a detrerrent to the layman at best, specially with a 0815 standard lock. Just like the laws are there to scare you off from the consequences, it isn't a guarantee it won't happen regardless.

Hope she's being taken care of by friends and family, just getting nice words from the internet isn't gonna solve the issue.

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

generally they strike with some sort of tips or having done their homework.

Is that the dreaded "pre-teenage, PG Tips death strike", or were you referring to the centipede?

I expect they would be good a simple maths, counting on toe's, etc. so no problems with their homework.

I hate those dammed things and they are said to really hurt, even by my Mrs who laughed off a bite from a big black scorpion.

She was very unlucky to be robbed, but lucky to be alive, a bite on the neck for  a child could probably prove fatal.

Hope she gets better quickly and gets her stuff back.

Oh, probably the next door kids after they have done their homework!.....just sayin.

On 8/27/2016 at 6:55 PM, louse1953 said:

Yeah,just got bitten today.My <deleted> finger.Now it is in that position for a day or two.

If that's a joke its good.

If not, I don't suppose you are laughing too much and would you be kind enough to share your treatment with us, also the size of the beasty in question. Where encountered, etc.

As soon as you feel able.

Thanks

I still hate those bastard things.

9 hours ago, monkey4u said:

On a bright note, I used to hide my money in the laundry basket with my dirty washing

I'm not sure about burglars but it was safe from my g/f  :lol:

OTOH, not a good idea if you're smart and have trained your girlfriend to do the laundry.

8 hours ago, sahibji said:

only insurance can be helpful in this kind of circumstances. unfortunately this still has not caught up with many people yet.

Never seen a policy that will include covering money, for my house I could not even by coverage for I pad and computer, reason given too many people fake it, hey this is Thailand.

1 hour ago, MiKT said:

If that's a joke its good.

If not, I don't suppose you are laughing too much and would you be kind enough to share your treatment with us, also the size of the beasty in question. Where encountered, etc.

As soon as you feel able.

Thanks

I still hate those bastard things.

Here's one from the Old Vayama Camp Refugee site in 1972, of course you won't find anything like this today, bugger must be 10 years old to get that big.

monstor Centipede - Vama Camp Sattahip Thld 1972 .jpeg