Honours student suspected murdered on the Golden Mount

rooster59

Honours student suspected murdered on the Golden Mount

honours.PNG

Image: Daily News

An honours graduate from Bangkok University has been found in a pool of blood on the Golden Mount in the center of the city.

Narawut Phuangkasen,26, from Samut Prakarn was found alive by monks near a rest area on the walkway up the famous downtown monument. But he died later in hospital from trauma to the head and lungs.

The body was found face up in a shirt and shorts but there were no shoes on the victim.

A CCTV wire had been cut and a camera was pointing to the sky in the area where he died.

Samranrat police and the man's relatives think that he was murdered in the attack that occurred last weekend.

Reporters caught up with the victim's mother Amphai Janhorm, 54, who said that her son had graduated with a BA with honours in business from Bangkok University just two months ago. 

He had been helping out at the family restaurant in the meantime but last Saturday he asked to borrow 500 baht and went out at 10pmwithout his phone.

He was found at the temple at 6.30 am by monks. A nun had heard the sound of a temple bell in the middle of the night and blood was found around the bell.

The victim was seen walking up the Golden mount alone on CCTV but when he got to the rest area there was no camera coverage.

Relatives said they were told that a CCTV camera was found pointing skywards and the wires were cut.

Due to the nature of the internal injuries of the victim found at the subsequent autopsy it is thought that he could not have taken his own life and was in fact murdered.

The report gave no indication as to why the news was coming out almost a week after the man was found dead.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-27

Terrible loss for the family.

I never hear of young adults not carrying their phone with them these days.

I wonder if he left house in a hurry and was ambushed? 

<<<< Trolling comments removed >>>>

Edited by metisdead

18 minutes ago, sahibji said:

if the CCTV camera was cut and the camera was facing the sky, it is possible that the whole episode was planned.

it is sad to a bright young adult being wasted leaving his family totally devastated.

Yep, this is definitely one death that has left many unanswered questions up til now.

(I suspect the Thai papers may now have more details). 

Am I reading it correctly that the death was unannounced for a week or that he remained in hospital for a week until succumbing to injuries? 

Edited by ClutchClark

last Saturday he asked to borrow 500 baht and went out at 10pmwithout his phone.   He was found at the temple at 6.30 am by monks.

Really bizarre to say the least. What was he doing up there in the middle of the night? The Golden Mount closes at sunset.

4 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....would like to hear the whole story....

Why?? Is your life that boring you need to know the ins and out of some poor bugger that has been murdered? Comments like this amaze me. Same as "We need to know more". If you were in the position that needed to know more then you would be told. Until then try and find a life for yourself. Go outside and smell the roses.

8 hours ago, sahibji said:

if the CCTV camera was cut and the camera was facing the sky, it is possible that the whole episode was planned.

it is sad to a bright young adult being wasted leaving his family totally devastated.

Possible? 

That is the part that jumps out the most to me as amateurs wouldn't think to do that.  Whoever is responsible obviously thought this through beforehand.  It wasn't some sort of deal gone bad or crime of passion.  

14 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Terrible loss for the family.

I never hear of young adults not carrying their phone with them these days.

I wonder if he left house in a hurry and was ambushed? 

<<<< Trolling comments removed >>>>

All people ... including young adults ... sometimes forget their phones when going out. Haven't you at least once?

38 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

All people ... including young adults ... sometimes forget their phones when going out. Haven't you at least once?

I choose to very seldom carry a phone. I like my freedom. 

On the other hand, young people almost never forget their phones. 

This young fella borrowed 500-baht and forgot his phone.

He was also found unshod. Does this suggest he had been running?

Does that suggest he left in a hurry ? It could. 

Edited by ClutchClark

47 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I choose to very seldom carry a phone. I like my freedom. 

On the other hand, young people almost never forget their phones. 

This young fella borrowed 500-baht and forgot his phone.

He was also found unshod. Does this suggest he had been running?

Does that suggest he left in a hurry ? It could. 

It all sounds like a setup to discuss something important with someone who had a reason to kill him and the place of meeting was decided to be private but for different reasons to the ones they gave him. Very sad, and YES, there are too many of these type of killings.  The fact that he had to borrow 500b probably means he was skint and that may have been the motive.  I wonder what sort financial trouble our business honours student had involved himself in.  Tragic for him and family & friends but I am sure he knew he was in trouble but that he was not expecting this solution to be implemented on this occasion.  There are some ruthless people out there.

9 minutes ago, Cockwomble said:

Super Sleuth ClutchClark is on the case, minus his phone :rolleyes:

My wife laughs at me and says these kinds of mysterious murders happen all the time in Thsiland and the gossip will eventually spread through the country as to the motives. She says I am just not exposed to it because TVF usually just prints farang killings. 

image.jpg

7 hours ago, callaway said:

Why?? Is your life that boring you need to know the ins and out of some poor bugger that has been murdered? Comments like this amaze me. Same as "We need to know more". If you were in the position that needed to know more then you would be told. Until then try and find a life for yourself. Go outside and smell the roses.

Why? Because people generally don't read the news hoping to only get half a story... Comments like this amaze me!

21 hours ago, callaway said:

OK

16 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Why? Because people generally don't read the news hoping to only get half a story... Comments like this amaze me!

It is still being investigated. Do you think they have to have all in the paper before they even locate the culprits? Once again "if you needed to know" they would have told you. Once the investigation is finished then you will be given more info by the news outlets. All complain the police talk too much when they open their mouths before the investigation is complete. Now complain they are not getting enough information. That amazes me !!!!

5 hours ago, callaway said:

It is still being investigated. Do you think they have to have all in the paper before they even locate the culprits? Once again "if you needed to know" they would have told you. Once the investigation is finished then you will be given more info by the news outlets. All complain the police talk too much when they open their mouths before the investigation is complete. Now complain they are not getting enough information. That amazes me !!!!

In case you hadn't noticed, this is a discussion forum. Discussion forums are a form of social media where people engage in discussions of all sorts of topics and subjects. A discussion is an activity in which people talk about something and tell each other their ideas or opinions.

If people discussing a story posted on an online discussion forum amazes you so much that you need to comment on it, then you must live in a state of perpetual bewilderment. People who admonish other people for discussing a subject on a discussion forum amazes me!

On 8/28/2016 at 0:34 AM, digibum said:

Possible? 

That is the part that jumps out the most to me as amateurs wouldn't think to do that.  Whoever is responsible obviously thought this through beforehand.  It wasn't some sort of deal gone bad or crime of passion.  

Could have done the camera bit to not see a drug transaction or sex and then one of those two gone bad. Where is his 500 baht he borrowed?

There is a constant assumption that the camera was disconnected as a direct result of this murder.

Yet there is no evidence that is true.

This camera could have been disconnected for 6 months. 

We don't know when it was disconnected and the only way to know this information is to review the last image it captured. Why does anyone assume that this CCTV was working correctly? This is Thailand.