Sole trader registration

Does anyone know the process for registering as a sole trader?  My wife swears blind she needs to be in business first so they can inspect her place of business before they register her.  This makes no sense to me, especially as some of her suppliers want to see her registration before they open a sales account.  There is little information in English on the net about this as it is restricted for foreigners.

Thanks for any help,

Westen

I do not know.  They just say "business registration".  Not incorporation as sole traders are not incorporated.  From that list the last two seem the most likely.  In Britain you register as a sole trader and get a registration number. 

Edited by Westen

Really easy. It's done at the district office. Go and ask exactly what they want as offices can differ. It's mostly:

Your wife's ID and housebook.

If the business is not going to be run from your home you will need documents from the commercial landlord such as their ID and housebook and the housebook of the business address if that is different.

Some district offices are helpful, some are really hard work. The cost is 50 baht if I remember correctly. 

It appears to be our local office.  She spoke to them again this morning and they want to see the business open first because they claim lots of people have registered as sole traders and then applying for loans and never opening.

• 1 month later...
On 29 August 2016 at 0:18 AM, blackcab said:

Really easy. It's done at the district office. Go and ask exactly what they want as offices can differ. It's mostly:

Your wife's ID and housebook.

If the business is not going to be run from your home you will need documents from the commercial landlord such as their ID and housebook and the housebook of the business address if that is different.

Some district offices are helpful, some are really hard work. The cost is 50 baht if I remember correctly. 

That's pretty much what you need for the BR.

I have hired a lawyer and just got my business registered in BKK (I'm a Thai citizen but brought up abroad, I don't speak or read Thai). However, Ministry of Commerce asked for the business website to prove the business is up and running or legit.