PM Prayut has no intention of staying in office

webfact

PM has no intention of staying in office

pm2.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 August 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on all sectors of society to work towards reform, adopt change and be united, while reiterating that the present government has no intention of staying in office. 

The prime minister said the military would not manipulate the situation to allow anyone including himself to stay in power. The country is going through a transition to achieve reform which is crucial he said, adding that every sector of society must lend a helping hand to make the nation thrive and prosper. 

As for the Constitution Drafting Commission’s interpretation of the referendum’s secondary question, the prime minister said the final decision belongs to the drafting team and the Constitutional Court while calling on everyone to refrain from passing judgment on the charter. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-29

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prayuth had no intention of being P.M and had every intention of holding democratic election in 2014.  Every time this despot opens his mouth the manure flows uncontrolled.   He has rewritten the constitution making it impossible for him to be removed and to allow him to stack the Senate with his mates

Funny, because Yesterday he says this in another newspaper :gigglem:

Wants to stay in power via democratic means and 'democracy is only way to go'

PRIME Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha offered yesterday to continue serving as government leader after the next election, even though he will not be paid for doing so

To  understand what is really meant and intended, just reverse the public statements, so that we get:

1) The military will manipulate the situation to allow him to stay on in power

2) The country is not going through any transition to achieve any genuine reform

3) Every sector of society must lend a hand to ensure that a tiny portion of the nation will thrive and prosper.

I am told that followers of black magic and satanism like to do and speak in reverse. Now - why on earth did such a silly thought leap into my mind?! ...

The script changes everyday, always an if or a but or a when. The constitution makes it almost impossible to remove him by normal means. He is there til he does the honorable thing, and he very seldom does any of those if my memory serves me right....

Please stay at the sideline mr Prayuth, we don't want BKK to become a warzone again. That's not good for tourism, business and the relation among people in the whole country.

I also fear the corruption to come back. 

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

To  understand what is really meant and intended, just reverse the public statements, so that we get:

1) The military will manipulate the situation to allow him to stay on in power

2) The country is not going through any transition to achieve any genuine reform

3) Every sector of society must lend a hand to ensure that a tiny portion of the nation will thrive and prosper.

I am told that followers of black magic and satanism like to do and speak in reverse. Now - why on earth did such a silly thought leap into my mind?! ...

Exactly

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

Please stay at the sideline mr Prayuth, we don't want BKK to become a warzone again. That's not good for tourism, business and the relation among people in the whole country.

Corruption to come back, when did it ever leave?

If he wanted to help Thailand he could have done his job when mobs were overrunning govt buildings or stopping people voting....Instead he & the police chose to sit it out to make the government

of that time look out of control.

Truth is it was their treason that was out of control...No elected government can stand when they do not have the loyalty of their own Police nor their own Military Forces

They purposely let the elected offices collapse..So they could install themselves...They chose to not do their duty to their country by idly standing by  watching government buildings get overrun by mobs...

This is the same as letting their country be overrun...They sat idly by watching voters being denied their rights....They claim they then had to step in as a last resort & then need to take control of the whole country when instead all they needed do was their sworn duty at the time it was needed.

No government can stand without the loyalty of its police & military forces...Not even this non-elected Junta..

Edited by mania

PM has no intention of staying in office

Only one thing to do then, mucker. ;)

I will not say what I really think on a public forum (some of you guys are either brave or stupid),  but I'll just say this, democracy is basically a non-starter in Asia and is millions of miles away in this neck of the woods.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister said the military would not manipulate the situation to allow anyone including himself to stay in power.

a big difference from this statement to the misleading headline. He is saying he will stay in power if asked. As the House of Reps and Senate are already preloaded with allies then guess what will happen!

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Corruption come back? It never left and is doing very nicely in all quarters thank you.

"PM has no intention of staying in office"

I maintain that this is indeed the case. In my opinion, Prayut wants nothing less than the Presidency of the Privy Council!

• He gets an influential job for life;
  • he's still free to meddle in Thai politics;
  • he gets to mix with the "right" people; and,
  • he doesn't have to deal with the Hoi polloi!

Given the current ages of some of the existing Privy Councillors, Prayut's chances of getting a call-up in the near future look pretty promising indeed:

Name

Current Age

His Excellency General Prem Tinsulanonda 

His Excellency Mr. Tanin Kraivixien 

His Excellency General Surayud Chulanont

His Excellency Dr. Chaovana Nasylvanta

His Excellency Air Chief Marshal Kamthon Sindhvananda 

His Excellency General Pichitr Kullavanijaya

His Excellency Mr. Ampol Senanarong

His Excellency Admiral Mom Luang Usni Pramoj

His Excellency Mom Rajawongse Thepkamol Devakula

His Excellency Mr. Kasem Watanachai

His Excellency Mr. Palakorn Suwanrath

His Excellency Admiral Chumpol Pachusanon

His Excellency Mr. Atthaniti Disatha-Amnarj

His Excellency Mr. Supachai Poo-ngam

His Excellency Mr. Chanchai Likhitjitta

His Excellency Air Chief Marshal Chalit Pukbhasuk

4 hours ago, Reigntax said:

He should prove it, remove himself and appologise to all Thai people for the damage he has caused and setting the country back 50 years.

So it was better when the Yellow shirts were camped out on Asoke, Sukhumvit, destroying peoples businesses ?

Hotels were at 20-30 % occupancy, Thais who needed tourist were starving for business, Seafood factories, laying off staff,

Restaurants were closing, Thais losing jobs. It goes on and on.

When people were dying in these demonstrations ?

I guess in your line of work, You do not need tourists or customers to come to Thailand to make deals ? It does not matter

to your business, if Thailand is on a watch list for slave labor ?

I agree this is not real democracy; but it doesn't matter. There have been 20 coups in Thailand over the last 60 years.

There will be another one. They happen every 5 years. Red , Yellow, Red, Yellow...........

We are all guests in this country; all we should want is a stable country. This is what we have now. Do business and make money. If you are retired; then enjoy yourself. The Thais don"t care, why should you ?

2 hours ago, Thian said:

the  corruption never  left