United Airlines stay away from Scotch: Two drunk pilots now drink water in jail

webfact

United Airlines stay away from Scotch: Two drunk pilots now drink water in jail

GLASGOW: -- Scottish Whiskey tastings is not something United Airlines pilots should do when staying overnight in Glasgow, Scotland. Chances are they have to substitute this now with water in jail and file for unemployment when getting home to the United States.

Two United Airlines pilots ready to fly 141 airline passengers from Glasgow, Scotland to the United States will appear in a Scottish court Monday. It will be a sober wake up call.

The Police Service of Scotland said it arrested both pilots Saturday at Glasgow Airport and both men, aged 45 and 35, would be arraigned at a court in Paisley, a Glasgow suburb, to face charges connected to Britain's transport safety laws.

Full storyhttp://www.eturbonews.com/74104/united-airlines-stay-away-scotch-two-drunk-pilots-now-drink-wate

-- eTN 2016-08-29

reminds me years ago in CUBA drinking with these two guys in the airport "lounge"( loose term) (read shed), walked out to get into our turbo prop aircraft, to fly us back to the mainland and who should be walking in front of us ? yep our two drinking buddies,

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

That would be drinking Jack Daniels in a Glasgow bar then?

One of my old Edinburgh friends who I saw in Bangkok recently, insists that from what he can tell, the most common spirit of choice in Scotland now is vodka.

1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:

One of my old Edinburgh friends who I saw in Bangkok recently, insists that from what he can tell, the most common spirit of choice in Scotland now is vodka.

I was being a little facetious because the artcle spoke of whiskey rather than whisky, however growing up in the highlands, only one of my mates would drink whisky but we never let him because that invariably resulted in him fighting.

If he stuck to beer or vodka, as the rest of us tended to do, he would be fine but as soon as he started on the cratur we knew we were in for a bumpy night.

A pilot's life today can be lonely, and stressful.

Many are underpaid and fear losing their retirement pension.

Being away from home so much creates many marital problems.

I can understand why some become addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Their career fall is a big one!

Very sad story that seems to be repeating itself more and more.