Tourism authority asks Niantic to release rare Pokémons at tourist attractions

snoop1130

Tourism authority asks Niantic to release rare Pokémons at tourist attractions

By Coconuts Bangkok

pokemon_water_0.jpg

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has requested that Niantic, the developer of Pokémon Go, release rare Pokémons at tourist attractions in 24 provinces in order to boost tourism in the country.

After suffering a drop in tourism related to the bombings and arson attacks earlier this month, the TAT proposed the idea of luring people to travel inside the country by asking the gaming company to release rare pokémons in the 24 less-traveled provinces, Morning News reported.

Siripakorn Chiewsamut, Director of Office of Information Technology, said they are still waiting for Niantic to get back to them.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/29/tourism-authority-asks-niantic-release-rare-pokemons-tourist-attractions

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-29

6 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Ridiculous, pathetic, absurd, childish - no, infantile - choose any adjective you wish. Is there no limit to their utterly pathetic, one-brain-cell idiocy?

21 minutes ago, Rob8891 said:

....", said they are still waiting for Niantic to get back to them."

They're all :cheesy: at the stupidity of this.

Me too.

actually, it is an interesting evolution of "enhanced reality".

click baiting and advertising is common on the internet, where every page competes for clicks, visitors and likes.

enhanced reality webs digital content into physical geography, meaning one has to physically move to access that content, so digital content as a reward is now an incentive to attract actual people to places where they will eat, drink and maybe buy something, or... look at physical advertising again.

if it gets people out of their houses, it is a good thing anyway, as long as they don't play & drive or walk on roads or anywhere else hazardous.

19 minutes ago, Rob8891 said:

Me too.

I thought already first time I heard about Pokemon Go that this would be happening soon worldwide. Understand the potential to make loads of money for the company by placing their beasts at commercial locations  and ask for a lot of money to do so, shopping malls, restaurants, hotels, promoted tourist areas, endless really. 

Am I really the only one to see that huge potential?:blink:

So- visit a tourist attraction and walk around with one's head buried in a phone- classic. This woman must be on a different planet (or substance) to the rest of us to constantly come out with complete Bull Puckey.

Wait, didn't Khun Korbkarn just yesterday say that the tourism situation has returned to normal, as tourists are confident in the security measures employed by Thai authorities??

10 hours ago, Rob8891 said:

Me too.

In all seriousness, Niantic are probably wondering how much revenue they can extract from these imbeciles.

It could be a pretty nice earner from them.

10 hours ago, manarak said:

actually, it is an interesting evolution of "enhanced reality".

click baiting and advertising is common on the internet, where every page competes for clicks, visitors and likes.

enhanced reality webs digital content into physical geography, meaning one has to physically move to access that content, so digital content as a reward is now an incentive to attract actual people to places where they will eat, drink and maybe buy something, or... look at physical advertising again.

if it gets people out of their houses, it is a good thing anyway, as long as they don't play & drive or walk on roads or anywhere else hazardous.

With regard to your last sentence I'm sure they will.

I have no idea how this works , but can I ask Pokemon Go to put them anywhere ?

it might be fun to send everyone down a dark alley  and play Zombie Killer to scare them , 

or send them to someones house you are mad at  :cheesy:

I hope this lasts until Halloween !

Edited by BKKdreaming

The Islamic ( yet uncaught ) Bombers thinking of what to target next must be eternally thankful to such grand concepts.

Excluding gatherings of five Thais ...we might see 25 westerners at midnight chasing a virtual creature into an area that a bomber might find perfect for crippling and killing.

Hey Niantic, how about compromising your integrity and promoting our crony tourism ventures...and by the way, we want you to do it for free, Okay? Next they will ask Google to only show Thai enterprises.

Imagine folks running helter skelter through all the temples on the tourism lists, e.g., the Emerald Buddha. Brings to mind the advice to be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.