Ford Ranger freebies

dagling

Considering buying a Ford Ranger double cab 2.2 l hi rider Wildtrak, and in that regard I wondered what others have of freebies from Ford with the purchase?

Also, is the 2017 model coming soon?

Edited by dagling

You'll get nothing extra in the form of kit, because there is very little extra that can be fitted, and apart from a roller deck it's just the usual plastic tat that the aesthetically challenged love to put on their rides. I heard the MY2017 model will get SYNC3 and probably the horrible driver aids that the 3.2 gets (personally I'm glad not to have them).

I did get free insurance and an umbrella :)

I also got the Carryboy roller deck (26k) as opposed to the Ford one (103k).

51 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Buy a new Ford pickup, get a free Isuzu to use while your Ford is in for 1 of its many repairs.

What is the problem with Ford Ranger ? I have also looked at the new Nissan Navara, do you think that the Nissan is a better truck?

1 hour ago, dagling said:

What is the problem with Ford Ranger ? I have also looked at the new Nissan Navara, do you think that the Nissan is a better truck?

Ford are best in class in every class except for that crappy Ecosport thing, so it shouldn't be hard to work out which is better out of the Ranger or the Nissan.

All those who disagree haven't driven a current Ford model.

2 hours ago, dagling said:

Yes the Nissan is nice ...go for it ...never mind buyers remorse...

4 hours ago, transam said:

But know about LOS Ford aftercare......

Regrettably true.

The OP would need to post a thread asking about the sales and service experience at the branch he plans shopping at as experience does vary wildly. I bought both mine in Udon Thani and they have been really good. I have had subsequent services and repairs done at the Pattaya branch and they've been very good as well but I have some sort of 'elevated' status conferred on me by their head office as a 'loyal customer' (free services for as long as I own a Ford). Ford Pattaya sales rep wasn't stellar but they have a whole bunch of new faces so things could be better... or worse.