Getting prescription tablets in Chiang Rai.

adv008

Hi,

I am on several different tablets prescribed by overseas doctors for a heart condition. I will be staying in Chiang Rai for quite a few months soon. I will be bringing some medication and a doctors prescription. Dose anyone know what the availability of medication is lightly to be  there. Thanks.  

Perhaps if you tell us what those medications consist of we can tell you whether they are available or not and where. Please note that many many medicines that require prescriptions in the West are widely available here, over the counter and without prescription.

If the medicine is quite specific, it may or may not be available (depends on commonality), and it may or may not, if available, be more or less expensive (most likely less). It could be worth reaching out to Kasemrad Sriburin Chiang Rai to see if they can verify availability (and price). Otherwise, bring a larger prescription. Both of what Leaf Burner and Temperamental Member have said are accurate.

As said you should advise the medication and people can advise how likely you are to find and perhaps suggest an alternative you could ask your doctor about before travel if not available here.  If you wish the below web site lists all officially available medications in Thailand - but be aware some may not be available some or most of the time and most drug stores and hospitals will only have a fraction of those listed.

http://www.mims.com/Thailand/

Archived