Stolen school milk delivery truck found but with explosive inside

webfact

Stolen school milk delivery truck found but with explosive inside

961_EOD-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PATTANI: -- The stolen school milk delivery truck was discovered this morning abandoned on the roadside in Saiburi town of Pattani province.

Initial examination of the abandoned truck showed a gas tank was inside.

Security officials said the gas tank might contain explosive.

They have called in explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) team to examine late today.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/stolen-school-milk-delivery-truck-found-explosive-inside/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-02

well then , according to this news article every house in Thailand has a bomb planted in side it, I have even seen one of  the culprits that delivers these bombs to all the houses/businesses on his bike. Somehow I think that it would be great for these reporters/editors get enough of an education to be able to distinguish between the facts when printing this crap. Unfortunately too many of the so called reporters in Thailand have no idea of what their work is supposed to entail, they simply think making up "exciting" stories is what they are supposed to do, pathetic.

LEFT NEAR PATTANI POLICE STATION

Bomb squad check stolen ice-cream truck

The Nation 

30294352-04_big.jpg

Milk delivery truck robbed by gunmen is found in Narathiwat Friday.

NARATHIWAT: -- The milk-delivery Isuzu pickup truck, which was hijacked by six armed men at a school in Pattani's Sai Buri district on Tuesday and feared to be used as a car bomb, was found near the Narathiwat's Waeng Police Station on Friday.

A milk-delivery truck that authorities feared would be used as a car bomb, after it was hijacked by six armed men at a school in Pattani’s Sai Buri district on Tuesday, was found abandoned near Narathiwat’s Waeng Police Station on Friday.

Officers sealed off the area and a bomb squad inspected the vehicle, an Isuzu pickup, which had been parked outside police living quarters near the station. 

The discovery of the truck - whose appearance had been modified - came after authorities successfully disposed of a small bomb planted in a flower pot in front of a restaurant near Waeng Police Station on Friday morning.

Sai Buri district chief Om Chualaem had announced a Bt100,000 reward for anyone providing information leading to the retrieval of the milk truck, which was stolen from in front of Ban Chamao Samton School.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Bomb-defused-in-Narathiwat-stolen-truck-found-30294352.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-02

Insurgents steal school's milk delivery truck, convert into car bomb

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

S__3899611.jpgPolice officers remove explosives and gasoline Friday from a stolen vehicle in Narathiwat province.

NARATHIWAT — A pick-up truck stolen earlier from a school in Pattani resurfaced today in the neighboring province of Narathiwat where it was used as a car bomb.

Police said an EOD team managed to defuse the explosives before they were detonated next to a place station. The truck had been commandeered Tuesday by a group of armed gunmen as it left the school where it was used to deliver milk for schoolchildren.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/09/02/insurgents-steal-schools-milk-delivery-truck-convert-car-bomb/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-02

Robot detonates car bomb

970_Wang-wpcf_728x409.jpg

NARATHIWAT: -- EOD has used a robot to collect a bomb placed inside the stolen school milk delivery truck and detonate it.

Before sending in the robot, EOD and security officials sealed the road to traffic for safety reason.

The milk delivery truck hijacked by four men in two motorcycles three days ago in Saiburi was abandoned on the roadside in Wang district of Narathiwat province.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/robot-detonates-carbomb/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-02

Who got the 100,000 THB reward?

Its just a pickup,when I first seen the

report,saying milk delivery truck,I am

thinking small milk tanker,which would

have made sense to turn into a truck bomb,

there must be quite a few pickups stolen

everyday,why a 100,000 THB reward for this

one.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, seajae said:

well then , according to this news article every house in Thailand has a bomb planted in side it, I have even seen one of  the culprits that delivers these bombs to all the houses/businesses on his bike. Somehow I think that it would be great for these reporters/editors get enough of an education to be able to distinguish between the facts when printing this crap. Unfortunately too many of the so called reporters in Thailand have no idea of what their work is supposed to entail, they simply think making up "exciting" stories is what they are supposed to do, pathetic.

Lol@education... 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Nation 

30294352-04_big.jpg

NARATHIWAT: -- The milk-delivery Isuzu pickup truck, which was hijacked by six armed men at a school in Pattani's Sai Buri district on Tuesday and feared to be used as a car bomb, was found near the Narathiwat's Waeng Police Station on Friday.

A milk-delivery truck that authorities feared would be used as a car bomb, after it was hijacked by six armed men at a school in Pattani’s Sai Buri district on Tuesday, was found abandoned near Narathiwat’s Waeng Police Station on Friday.

Officers sealed off the area and a bomb squad inspected the vehicle, an Isuzu pickup, which had been parked outside police living quarters near the station. 

The discovery of the truck - whose appearance had been modified - came after authorities successfully disposed of a small bomb planted in a flower pot in front of a restaurant near Waeng Police Station on Friday morning.

Sai Buri district chief Om Chualaem had announced a Bt100,000 reward for anyone providing information leading to the retrieval of the milk truck, which was stolen from in front of Ban Chamao Samton School.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Bomb-defused-in-Narathiwat-stolen-truck-found-30294352.html

thenation_logo.jpg

That doesn't look like milk to me.

This article is nothing but BS...pictures of a pick up not a milk truck..plastic bottles with old sugare cane which can be explosive? or was it oil or liquid explosive...if so why so many police etc are standing very close by ? Stolen...robbery...100k for retrieval? ????

I wonder if he orchestrated the entire "play", it is a very poor theatrical play in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

This article is nothing but BS...pictures of a pick up not a milk truck..plastic bottles with old sugare cane which can be explosive? or was it oil or liquid explosive...if so why so many police etc are standing very close by ? Stolen...robbery...100k for retrieval? ????

I wonder if he orchestrated the entire "play", it is a very poor theatrical play in my opinion.

Nowhere in the reports is the pickup described as a milk truck.  Every report said it was a milk delivery truck, i.e. a truck (that's a pickup) that's used to deliver milk.  But what difference does it make anyway unless you have nothing better to do than to try (unsuccessfully) to pick holes in the report?

Police are standing near because the bomb had already been defused.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Insurgents steal school's milk delivery truck, convert into car bomb

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

S__3899611.jpgPolice officers remove explosives and gasoline Friday from a stolen vehicle in Narathiwat province.

NARATHIWAT — A pick-up truck stolen earlier from a school in Pattani resurfaced today in the neighboring province of Narathiwat where it was used as a car bomb.

Police said an EOD team managed to defuse the explosives before they were detonated next to a place station. The truck had been commandeered Tuesday by a group of armed gunmen as it left the school where it was used to deliver milk for schoolchildren.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/09/02/insurgents-steal-schools-milk-delivery-truck-convert-car-bomb/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-02

What kind of explosive technician works in a jump suit and no protection?  Not even the Thai bomb squad is that dumb,  as previous photos have shown they deal with bombs very carefully and with proper safety gear. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

"Play" Station might have been a better translation for Police!!!

I used to steal milk in 6th grade we would wait for the lunch ladies and janitor to clean up and noticed at end of day they always left a side door open so before track practice we would go in and take a bunch of that shit... They never caught on... Well that's until they smelled a stench a rotten smell just stupidity.  They search lockers to identify what was going on.. 6th grade track runners were hoarding milk and forgetting it in their lockers; I remember one kid got caught with a knife a bunch of other people were in trouble for chewing tobacco found in their lockers... I never recommend stealing milk only bad things can happen as a result.  Take it from me I know. 

Security officials said the gas tank might contain explosive.

They have called in explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) team to examine late today.

Brother in law had a lucky escape a few years ago when teaching at a school down there.

While sliding his hand under the school kitchen gas cylinder one morning he felt something unusual.

Overnight insurgents had placed a pressure activated device under the cylinder. He was lucky it didn't activate.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Nation 

30294352-04_big.jpg

thenation_logo.jpg

Is the brown stuff in the bottles milk?

Seems like a setup job to me. Milk truck stolen and exactly what was inside gas cans? After all this work and coincidentally a 100,000 reward for said truck it was abandoned close to a police station. Why go to all that work and inserting "explosives?" inside and then abandon it? Does not make any sense at all. Would work out great for a category in Jeopardy. When is a stolen milk truck a bomb or a bonus? Answer is.................... 

the intent seems to be a passive use for the truck, if at all.  if the intent was to use the truck for active purpose they would not have abandoned it.

the theories about the hijack being for the purpose of selling the truck are not borne out.

6 hours ago, seajae said:

Possibly the biggest effort needed would be to cover a Prayut press stop , you'd be hard pressed to think up anything exciting there.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Who got the 100,000 THB reward?

Its just a pickup,when I first seen the

report,saying milk delivery truck,I am

thinking small milk tanker,which would

have made sense to turn into a truck bomb,

there must be quite a few pickups stolen

everyday,why a 100,000 THB reward for this

one.

regards worgeordie

The milk is delivered to schools by a pickup with an insulated aluminum box on the back, some have a chiller unit above the cab.

Seems like they just removed the box off the back.