Briton accused of stealing Thai tourist's bag from temple

snoop1130

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police in Europe would simply not be interested in this case. If you leave your bag unattended then its your own fault if someone walks off with it.

Anyway, before bashing this guy think about the thousands upon thousands of Thai thieves wandering around stealing 24/7. This guy got caught, so, but remember he would never have stolen it if the owner had not left it unattended.

4 hours ago, Rob13 said:

No word on how they knew who he was? Facial recognition software seems a little advanced for LOS, I don't see another way though., unless there was a sign-in book and he was stupid enough to use his real name.

Don't you think that the Thai Immigration isn't using facial recognition software? Just saying.....

1 minute ago, ray richards said:

This scunbag is not making life easy for us foreigners in Thailand.

Do you know how many foreign criminals are "working" in Thailand?  There are gangs here from South America stealing from cars, houses etc,  there are the Russian, Ukraine and similar types skimming and robbing ATMs, then there are the "boiler room" gangs, the foreign drug gangs, all kinds of other shady misfits etc. So this guy doesn't affect idiots like you. 

7 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

+ 1, what an incredible and dumb statement. Must be one of these "quality tourists."...:whistling:

I am guessing you are directing that at my post. Here is a clue... it was posted in jest because there are some hang 'em high types that would say stuff this dumb. It was designed to invoke irony that castrating him wouldn't be a deterrent to thievery. 

Anybody with any level of cognizant thinking or reading ability would have figured this out.  This is why TV can pull off the most outlandish April fools jokes. Some people just love to swallow it whole, hook, line and sinker. 

Thank you for the lulz those two posts brought me though. 

Edited by anotheruser

42 minutes ago, ray richards said:

This scunbag is not making life easy for us foreigners in Thailand.

My wife just told me that many other Thais really start to dislike foreigners in general and it's sad that it happened. 

If Thai people can't be safe when visiting a temple, which is pretty common for a Buddhist, then good night. 

"<<<< Thai language edited out.  This is the English language part of the forum >>>>"? 

Edited by metisdead

Thailand does attract many criminals of one type or another, often career criminals, of all sizes and sexes probably because they can always buy their way out of trouble. There are also thousands of Thai opportunist thieves of all sexes and backgrounds.  Everyone is fair game for them.  But a tourist stealing from someone's bag in a temple somehow raises the hackles.

10 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Do you know how many foreign criminals are "working" in Thailand?  There are gangs here from South America stealing from cars, houses etc,  there are the Russian, Ukraine and similar types skimming and robbing ATMs, then there are the "boiler room" gangs, the foreign drug gangs, all kinds of other shady misfits etc. So this guy doesn't affect idiots like you. 

I can only assume that you are in 1 of those gangs????

2 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I am guessing you are directing that at my post. Here is a clue... it was posted in jest because there are some hang 'em high types that would say stuff this dumb. It was designed to invoke irony that castrated him wouldn't be a deterrent to thievery. 

Anybody with any level of cognizant thinking or reading ability would have figured this out.  This is why TV can pull off the most ooutlandish April fools jokes. Some people just love to swallow it whole, hook, line and sinker. 

Thank you for the lulz those two posts brought me though. 

Yep, I'm guessing some of these quality posters have a problem to cope with the Thais with an IQ of 70 and below, mentioned in a thread a while ago.I wish people would make such statements as too early April fools' jokes, but I doubt it. 

I am surprised no one has brought up the following point... a link to Stickboys site was given. The pic shows him as having a beard. In the video he is clean shaven. Could he grow a beard so profusely in 2 days?

Or did they look for an overweight male who would be close to the description?

Edited by BangkokTony
omitted word

1 hour ago, lostinisaan said:

My wife just told me that many other Thais really start to dislike foreigners in general and it's sad that it happened. 

If Thai people can't be safe when visiting a temple, which is pretty common for a Buddhist, then good night. 

"<<<< Thai language edited out.  This is the English language part of the forum >>>>"? 

Seriously, where do you come up with this crap?

How can people come to live in a country with the “WE AND THEM” mentality?

I have more in common with many Thais than I have with you, a foreigner I suppose.

My wife said…. Many…. What does many means? 2 out of 4 at her work. 35% of the Thai population? And how many people do your wife know? 50? Have all of those 50 told her they don’t like foreigners? Or only 5 of them?

I understand that the word “many” and “many Thais don’t like foreigners” is a way of trying to put some weight to your post which I personally think is pure BS

A lot of people here criticise Thai’s ability of critical thinking and now I run in to this post written by what I suppose is a foreigner with excellent ability for critical thinking

I have never heard any Thai saying that they don’t like foreigners. Quite the opposite if I may add. But I have heard a lot of Thais saying that they don’t like thieves, foreigners or Thai.

I think the post says more about you and your wife than the general believe of what Thais think about foreigners.

4 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Seriously, where do you come up with this crap?

How can people come to live in a country with the “WE AND THEM” mentality?

I have more in common with many Thais than I have with you, a foreigner I suppose.

My wife said…. Many…. What does many means? 2 out of 4 at her work. 35% of the Thai population? And how many people do your wife know? 50? Have all of those 50 told her they don’t like foreigners? Or only 5 of them?

I understand that the word “many” and “many Thais don’t like foreigners” is a way of trying to put some weight to your post which I personally think is pure BS

A lot of people here criticise Thai’s ability of critical thinking and now I run in to this post written by what I suppose is a foreigner with excellent ability for critical thinking

I have never heard any Thai saying that they don’t like foreigners. Quite the opposite if I may add. But I have heard a lot of Thais saying that they don’t like thieves, foreigners or Thai.

I think the post says more about you and your wife than the general believe of what Thais think about foreigners.

It tells me that my wife and his wife think same same.

6 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I have never heard any Thai saying that they don’t like foreigners.

Completely understandable, as you are a foreigner, Thais tend to tell you what they think you want to hear, and Thais are never that confrontational to your face, until the mass kicking starts.

9 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

A couple means 2, a few means 3, many is more than 3.

See, that was easy, now you can tell your wife what many means ....... more than 3.

3 out of 4 is many

3 out of 60 million is not many

Edited by Aladdin

It would be interesting to know exactly how he was identified. There was something on the radio when I was driving home the other day about immigration setting up a new hi-tech centre with lots of new hi-tech wizardry that wasn't just for use in the airports. Wonder if that was a result from there.

3 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Don't you think that the Thai Immigration isn't using facial recognition software? Just saying.....

I don't know, I've never heard of anyone in the US being caught like this, not petty criminals anyway. Just seems like a lot of co-ordination between different govt offices  for it to work. I don't know how else they could have caught him though.

On 9/2/2016 at 6:08 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The Video appears to leave little doubt...  

What charges would a Thai receive ? He should receive the same. 

The video certainly does leave little doubt, guilty as charged.  Theft is theft, regardless of who does the stealing, or what the reasons are and he's been caught bang to rights. Idiot. Lock him up for a few days, then send him home and don't allow him to return.