New list of ‘corrupt officials’

rooster59

3 hours ago, arthurboy said:

No mention of names, no mention of actual 'crimes', no mention of the money stolen, no mention of collusion with businesses or other authority figures, no mention of prison sentences and no mention of assets seizures.

Conclusion: No point.

3 hours ago, arthurboy said:

No mention of names, no mention of actual 'crimes', no mention of the money stolen, no mention of collusion with businesses or other authority figures, no mention of prison sentences and no mention of assets seizures.

Conclusion: No point.

I doubt anyone will have the time to read the list of 'hundreds' of corrupt officials anyway.

3 hours ago, alofthailand said:

in the UK too and Australia and the USA and Africa....etcetc.

In three of  those countries mentioned , if you are caught something is done about it , those 3 countries have a better record than Thailand, its like comparing chalk and banana's.

In three of  those countries mentioned , if you are caught something is done about it , those 3 countries have a better record than Thailand, its like comparing chalk and banana's.

Only the seventh version , I am surprised , not much substance to the allegations , more like the usual smoke and mirrors trick , seem to be doing something,  but doing bugger all , let's see the evidence and the charges laid.....................................:coffee1:

Prayhut is continually telling the public what a great job HIS Govt. is doing fighting corruption. Unless he publishes a list with all the guilty officials names, crimes then it's just lip service to the gullible Thais.. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil..

One of the first "announcements" this "government" made when they came into "power" was they would NOT be making any attempt to stop corruption in the Police! says it all.....................................

I was asked the other day if I wanted a speeding ticket or not?  Of course behind my car out of reach of my dash cam.  The masked officer said a ticket was 400 baht but I could pay 200 baht now.  I was quickly on my way.  If they are looking for corruption, drive around anywhere about this time of the month and see if first hand

Edited by MarcIssan

6 hours ago, The stuttering parrot said:

Yes alleged alleged alleged.

Its a bit like being an alleged paedofile. Once your branded and guilty or not that mud will stick with you the rest of your life.

It's good to see someone speaking from experience for a change, instead of talking out their arse like so many do on forums such as this. 

My wife is a C8 officer...working on the C9. There's no way these guys can get away with being corrupt and not being found out. My wife has to sign off on every baht spent, and any large purchase has to get approved from the Ministry. All the little minions know what goes on but are too scared to say anything for fear of repercussions.  They really need to name names if the evidence is there. This will send a strong message across all ministries. 

I lived and worked in the UK for 62 years and I was never asked for a bribe by a policeman, or any other Government official.  They all understood that the loss of their job, income, pension and reputation, not to mention the imposition of a probable jail sentence, meant that it was just not worth the risk.  In most instances in Thailand, corrupt officials simply do not run that kind of risk, even when vast sums are involved. 

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The UK, USA and Australia most certainly do bring charges against corrupt government employees. No UK government official ever asked me for a bribe.  When you visit Australia, did the immigration officer ask you for a bribe  as they did to me in Phuket?

Yes but the Thai-bashing policemen always allege that these things also happen abroad to take the heat off the locals.

T-bP never sleep!