All pump prices down Saturday

rooster59

All pump prices down Saturday

IMGP9811-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK:-- PTT Plc and Bangchak announced to decrease the retail price of all types of petrol and diesel, effective 5am on Saturday.

The price of diesel will be cut by 50 satang per litre.

While the prices of pretrol, gasohol 95, gashol 91, and E20 will be down by 40 satang per litre, and of E85 by 20 satang per litre.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pump-prices-saturday/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-03

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Wow I am sure your gutted.. say a 50 liter tank ad 50 satang.. you lost 25 baht 

Some people have no sense of humour.

Besides which I would always rather have my 25B in my pocket than in someone else's. YMMV.

15 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Some people have no sense of humour.

Besides which I would always rather have my 25B in my pocket than in someone else's. YMMV.

Pop round and I,ll give you the 25 baht :thumbsup:

One of the things I like about Thailand.

It appears to me that they tax harder when prices are low, and give it back when prices are high, to give a somewhat stable price.

If they're still lowering the price when oil is low at the moment, then it suggests something else is going on.  I wonder if they secured a decent price on the futures market or something and are trying to stimulate activity(?).  It's not a significant drop so really only multiplies out usefully for Logistics firms rather than house hold use (or will this apply to butane/propane etc?).  Maybe it's just something our great leader wants to do to show how much better things are under his command?  Maybe they'll add it to the 'basket of goods' to show how inflation is fiction and that we're all wrong in noticing that the price of everything is going up while Treasury bond yields are fast approaching zero.

1 hour ago, Shiver said:

One of the things I like about Thailand.

It appears to me that they tax harder when prices are low, and give it back when prices are high, to give a somewhat stable price.

Yes, for diesel and petrol there is a variable tax that increases and decreases in order to keep pump prices more stable. It's been in place for quite a long time.

1 minute ago, dieseldave1951 said:

It's funny that Thailand can adjust there prices down at a stroke, whereas the UK put the price up instantly but it take 6 months to 1 year to lower them again :coffee1:

Free market makes wonders - not so common, like here, that it can even benefit the working class x)

On 9/3/2016 at 1:56 PM, dieseldave1951 said:

It's funny that Thailand can adjust there prices down at a stroke, whereas the UK put the price up instantly but it take 6 months to 1 year to lower them again :coffee1:

Aye.  We used to get that in my neck of the woods in England at the local chippy:

"Why have the prices gone up?"

"Because they're new potatoes"

"The old ones were fluffier.  When the new ones are old ones will the price go back down?"

At that time a fish was 4p for a small, 6p for a large (about 30 years ago).  Now I doubt you'd get much change out of a fiver for fish and chips (not that I've been there for quite a few years).

I have a friend that did various contracts for the Government there, and they reckoned that to persuade people to use public transport rather than cars, they'd have to tax it about 150% more than they currently were.  They knew they couldn't do that and stay in office, but they did sell British Rail :blink: